Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 02-29-2020, 11:07 AM   #21
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions
Re: Earthrise un-appreciation thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrix_Holder View Post
I hope they don't keep charging full deluxe price for the other minibots, it's ridiculous. Look how tiny he is.

Certainly cliff is more complex than a legends class would be. He looks way better than legends bee. But yeah, it's ridiculous.

And look at those fun legends/scout figures. Brawn is fantastic. Seaspray and wheelie were great. Rewind was amazing. Cosmos, swerve, and tailgate rule.

Not 2step micromasters or... Heads or guns. A full fun transformer for less than 15.

Like, fuck sake. Tell me cliff shouldn't be sitting at a $20 price point. Micromasters are 12.99 for two tiny simple bots. It's minimum $30 for a "proper" transformer.

"YOU WIN AGAIN, GRAVITY!"
RNSrobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2020, 08:13 PM   #22
TNG
Hot Rod did nothing wrong

Price increase seems to be the most hated thing and I 100% agree. As a student with no time for a job or to make income, buying TFs has become more of a process than I'd like.

I will add though, and please correct me if I'm wrong didn't this price increase occur right when Takara and Hasbro stopped doing individual releases like they stopped releasing 2 versions of the same figure? Some say it's when they started using full-on boxes(I don't personally know or think so, though I think if they are trying to be more ecofriendly maybe don't use cardboard because even if the plastic is bad for the environment, I doubt using even more cardboard and paper is any better.

Either way, I don't think what we are getting now in terms of figure and all the stuff that comes with it(Paint, accessories, etc.) is all that more premium. If I'm being honest the quality and 'cool factor' is at best par with RotF and it's sublines(Which I personally think is one of the best in terms of movie lines excluding Studio Series, but even then). Like they are definitely(In terms of deluxe as an example) not 15 dollar deluxes. 20 is reasonable. 25 is pushing just a bit but fine. 30 and above...yeah sorry causa, to high to be justifiable at least to me.

PS: Also to add on about Leaders and Commander. The future for the leaders looks promising as they seem to be 'true' leaders, but if they aren't I think it's too unstable. Like yeah, they are not voyager price points, but with these prices, I don't think they are leaders either. And commanders, yeah I love em but too fucking high. Like 90 to 100 would be fine(I think they can't be leaders personally just in terms of size and contents) but 120. A loose TR Trypticon(Sometimes sealed) goes for around in some places(Haven't checked recently though) and as much as I love Jetfire, him and Skylynx ain't worth much.

PSS: These price points we have I think should have been saved for maybe the selects line.
TNG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2020, 10:44 AM   #23
evenstaves
you renegade maverick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNG View Post
please correct me if I'm wrong didn't this price increase occur right when Takara and Hasbro stopped doing individual releases like they stopped releasing 2 versions of the same figure?
I can tell you POTP was the last time deluxes were $19.99 CAD
It's also the last time that deluxes were on cardback w/ plastic bubble (blister pack?)

Titans Return was the last "Has & Tak are different decos" line, that's why it was so radically noticeable

So we definitely had POTP "bridging the gap" where deluxe was still TR prices, but Has & Tak started their unification there

We started to see price increase after POTP with the TLK deluxes; they were all in boxes, and I think they were $24.99? Might have been the full $30, I only got Cogman from it anyway (like, less than a week before they announced SS Cogman, argh)

Siege began putting Generations deluxes in boxes, and the price point jumped to $29.99 CAD

Last edited by evenstaves; 03-01-2020 at 02:55 PM.
evenstaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2020, 02:43 PM   #24
skyshadow
Generation 2

Came across a Grapple in an EB Games in Oakville. The some of the orange parts are obviously painted which is a big NO for me especially at that price point.

In a way, this is all good for me since I won't be buying as much for this series.
skyshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2020, 03:07 PM   #25
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by evenstaves View Post
I can tell you POTP was the last time deluxes were $19.99 CAD
It's also the last time that deluxes were on cardback w/ plastic bubble (blister pack?)

Titans Return was the last "Has & Tak are different decos" line, that's why it was so radically noticeable

So we definitely had POTP "bridging the gap" where deluxe was still TR prices, but Has & Tak started their unification there

We started to see price increase after POTP with the TLK deluxes; they were all in boxes, and I think they were $24.99? Might have been the full $30, I only got Cogman from it anyway (like, less than a week before they announced SS Cogman, argh)

Siege began putting Generations deluxes in boxes, and the price point jumped to $29.99 CAD
TLK deluxes were 30.

I recall vividly because they straight redecoed several age of extinction toys and had the gall to charge ten more.

I will say that I'm glad they ditched the shitty battle damage. But grapple has painted orange parts??? Oof.

And while cliff is "short," his overall size and complexity is much more than a legends. Still should not be $30. This should be a class between micromasters and deluxe. There are plenty of other bots who could fit in there.

Old 03-01-2020, 03:52 PM   #26
Baryonyx
Armada

Way, way too pricey now. Thank god for the savage aftermarket, because these prices are nuts.
Baryonyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2020, 05:24 PM   #27
Pascal
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNSrobot View Post
And while cliff is "short," his overall size and complexity is much more than a legends.
We got movie Scouts that were far more complex, had no partsforming and were way cheaper...

Last edited by Pascal; 03-01-2020 at 05:50 PM.
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2020, 05:28 PM   #28
PrimalEnvy
Reverse Corte

I ended up getting more than I planned from Siege, but Earthrise just isn't doing it for me. The pure G1ness just makes most of the figures boring, and the prices are too high for impulse buys. Snapdragon and the Quintesson are the only ones I'm planning to buy. Arcee and Fasttrack might happen if they go on sale.
Old 03-01-2020, 06:40 PM   #29
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
We got movie Scouts that were far more complex, had no partsforming and were way cheaper...
Ejector and ransack are beauties. Quite a few awesome scout classes in rotf!

Old 03-01-2020, 06:42 PM   #30
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimalEnvy View Post
I ended up getting more than I planned from Siege, but Earthrise just isn't doing it for me. The pure G1ness just makes most of the figures boring, and the prices are too high for impulse buys. Snapdragon and the Quintesson are the only ones I'm planning to buy. Arcee and Fasttrack might happen if they go on sale.
I have similar feelings. I'm just not all that interested in slavish devotion to g1, particularly 1984-85 g1. I had a lot of fun with titans return for doing a bunch of figures that rarely see attention. Siege Spinister is amazing.