Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 07-14-2014, 01:51 AM   #1
CanBot
Cybertron
Question about the Stunticons G1

...I'm pretty sure they haven't been released via the Encore line, have they? I saw a set on ebay at a reasonable price and, even if it is KO, I just might bite as I haven't heard anything as of late regarding new Encore releases.

Anybody care to confirm? Thank you!
Old 07-14-2014, 07:19 AM   #2
GrimlockGT
His car is a Transformer
Re: Question about the Stunticons G1

There have not been any reissues of the G1 Stunticons. I personally would rather an original set than a KO version.
GrimlockGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 07:34 AM   #3
Megatron75
Alternator

Those are "high quality" KO sets. For bit more money, I would tend to agree with GrimlockGT about buying a vintage set. Several years ago I wasted $100 on a high quality KO devastator that ended up being garbage (many QC issues). It has since been replaced with a vintage set. Several Youtube reviewers say the KO Menasor giftset is spot on. Optibotimus did a good review on them some time back if you wanted to see for yourself. I personally would only buy the KO stunticons giftset if it came out in the G2 colors, since I don't have an extra $26,000 lying around for an uncirculated set...LOL.
Megatron75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 02:01 AM   #4
CanBot
Cybertron

Don't get me wrong, I'd like an official Encore reissue as well. But since the line seems a bit slow lately, I'm thinking maybe they have no plans to do it. I missed out on Bruticus, and I still hem and haw over the +200 it will cost to pick one up on ebay (issues and all), so I hope to be in the know if a Menasaur ever gets released. After those two are in hand, my G1 days are pretty much over
Old 07-21-2014, 10:28 AM   #5
Shockwave 75
I drink, & I know things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanBot View Post
Don't get me wrong, I'd like an official Encore reissue as well. But since the line seems a bit slow lately, I'm thinking maybe they have no plans to do it. I missed out on Bruticus, and I still hem and haw over the +200 it will cost to pick one up on ebay (issues and all), so I hope to be in the know if a Menasaur ever gets released. After those two are in hand, my G1 days are pretty much over
I got lucky and got the Encore Combatacons a while back for $80 from Automaton because the box was "damaged"; and damaged is in quotes because I REALLY had to look to find the damage, but I digress.

The Encore Combatacons really suffer from mold degradation, and the plastic feels cheap. But on the up side because they were reissues I got to use the Reprolabel upgrade stickers on them to make them look more show accurate.
Old 07-21-2014, 11:54 AM   #6
brr-icy
G1 Collector
Send a message via MSN to brr-icy

just get a vintage set, it's about the same price as the ko, much better quality, (same with bruticus and the encore, vintage blows it away in quality) My G1 menasor is fresh out of the package condition, and didn't break $100

my collection ^ Brr-icy Photgraphy on Facebook
Mostly G1 Japan Want list My Blog
my feedback:
Cybertron.ca
TFW
brr-icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 04:26 PM   #7
Akroyer
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockwave 75 View Post
The Encore Combatacons really suffer from mold degradation, and the plastic feels cheap. But on the up side because they were reissues I got to use the Reprolabel upgrade stickers on them to make them look more show accurate.
I can echo this, I bought an Encore set of them before I knew any better and paid too much to boot.

I should have waited it out and got a decent vintage set. And it would have been a lot cheaper too.

Akroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 02:45 AM   #8
CanBot
Cybertron

Vintage set, eh? I'm just afraid of getting something that was played to death with in the 80s But if I can find something newish, I can't say I wouldn't consider it. Off to ebay I go!
Old 07-25-2014, 09:52 AM   #9
Sir Prime A Lot
Energon

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanBot View Post
Vintage set, eh? I'm just afraid of getting something that was played to death with in the 80s But if I can find something newish, I can't say I wouldn't consider it. Off to ebay I go!
I recently sold my complete Menasor for $125 to a guy that gave them to his 6 year old kid for Christmas. They were made extremely well, parts of them were die cast metal. They won't be really floppy unless they were actually abused badly over the years, normal play wear won't cause that.
Sir Prime A Lot is offline   Reply With Quote