Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 09-27-2016, 01:18 AM   #1
Roadhammer
Wrecker
May Madness 2017 Speculation

Just something I've been thinking about recently; since I picked up Deluxe Groove, in point of fact, and have been admiring how nice a classic Protectobots set-up looks on CW Defensor. We're still months out from this of course, but I'm wondering what, if anything, Hasbro will do for special releases in May 2017 as they've done for the previous two years. In 2015 they released UW Slingshot and Wildrider, and then last May they released UW Deluxe Groove. So what might they do next year? The obvious choice is UW Blast Off, so the Combaticons can have the option of having a classic G1 set-up like the Aerialbots, Stunticons, and Protectobots have gotten. Frankly I think Hasbro would have done UW Blast Off last year, but the UW Combaticons weren't released in time so they settled for just giving us Groove. Releasing Groove, an entirely new mould as opposed to the redecos that were Slingshot and Wildrider, means that releasing the space shuttle mould is not outside the realm of possibility! I hope they do; I don't know much about the UW Blast Off mould, but as it would spend most of its time being an arm for Bruticus, it's not a huge issue.

But as CW has pretty much wound down at this point, with Liokaiser being the only major release left, and with Titans Return the current big thing, I'm thinking if Blast Off gets released, he won't be the only thing. Maybe Hasbro could release the Takara Headmaster components from their line? I know I'd like to get my hands on a Takara Hardhead because a mouthy Hardhead is more IDW-accurate than Hasbro's, but I generally find import prices too much of a hassle to bother. You could give it more value (and since I don't know that they'd need to bother with releasing the full figures, just the Headmasters) by packaging the heads together instead of selling them individually. More bang for your buck that way.

Other ideas could have them release the Convobat/Megatron Headmaster set that's making the rounds, or, and this is probably the most unlikely to my mind since it would be more Combiner Wars when Titans Return is the thing now, Takara Lightspeed, Strafe, Nosecone, and (maybe) Scattershot. That seems less likely to me since it would pretty much amount to them selling an incomplete set of Technobots (since Afterburner is the same mould on both sides of the Pacific) that would be competing against their own boxed Technobot set, but eight months from now, who knows? I don't think it too likely, though.

That's my thoughts on the subject. If nothing else, I hope for Blast Off, though I think the Takara Headmasters could be an interesting idea.
Roadhammer is offline   Reply With Quote