Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 03-23-2012, 12:50 PM   #1
Autobot Meister
Machine War
PRIME: most/least favorite toy

So far, what are your most favorite and least favorite figures?

Favorite: RID Optimus & RID Cliffjumper. I find myself picking up these two figures the most.

Least Favorite: Soundwave. He's just not fun to transform or pose.
Autobot Meister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 02:16 PM   #2
jr3x
Generation 1
Re: PRIME: most/least favorite toy

Least is bb and most is voyager fe prime
jr3x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 02:25 PM   #3
Goaliebot
All Makes and Models

Quote:
Originally Posted by jr3x View Post
Least is bb and most is voyager fe prime
Ditto. Though I'll clarify that I do like FE Bee, just not quite as much as I like the other FE and P:RiD figures I've got so far.

One thing that has surprised me so far is that although logically I can see that FE Cliffjumper is the better toy, I find myself playing with P:RiD Cliffjumper more. He just has... I dunno... more character in the toy? I'm not sure what it is. Love both, but play with P:RiD Cliffy more...
Do you have Perfect Effect Powermaster Prime upgrades PC-15 (little Ginrai dude) and PC-16 (transforming Prime cab) - or Fans Hobby Powerbaser - and you want some hard-to-get MISB ER / TR figures (the 3 ER Coneheads, Runamok, TR Twin Twist & Top Spin)? PM me if you're interested in working out a trade!
Goaliebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 02:28 PM   #4
Pascal
Banned

Most: FE Starscream
Least: FE Bumblebee... hate that chest design
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 02:30 PM   #5
pandaprime
aficionado!

Most: Wheeljack
Least: Bumblebee

Feedback thread:Cybertron.ca
Items for sale thread: Selling TFs
pandaprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 02:43 PM   #6
CBII
Animated

Most: tie FE Bulkhead and FE Cliffy
Least: FE SS...can't get over the stiletto feet.
CBII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 02:58 PM   #7
justprime
Animated

Liked the First edition pieces,.. the rid stuff I am not impressed,.. OPs stupid with the red missing especially in truck mode and sculpt was not as good as FE and that stupid mech style gimmick,.. cliff and bee molds are no where near as good as FE the only rid pieces that were ok and I likes were Jack and Voyager megs (with the exception of the stupid mech gimmick again) sound wave just fills the charater hole not vary posible but ok only seen pics of the other pieces and no comment on these till there in hand.
justprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 03:05 PM   #8
QuadESL63
Canadian Slag

Most favorite: RiD Wheeljack
Least favorite: FE Bee

Looking for:
  • Nothing... spent too much lately
QuadESL63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 03:32 PM   #9
Scrapper6
Nexus Maximus

How can you pick one when the line has only just started?

Of course with First Editions its easy, but with the RiD stuff we haven't got nearly enough figures out of it to really pick a least or most favorite.

A few things to note however. As I don't have least or most favorites in my collection, I enjoy all of them equally in different ways.

RiD Powerizer Prime: I haven't picked this guy up, but I find the FE version much better looking in my eyes. I just can't stand the voyager sized version having that cheap looking backpack thing that the FE Deluxe has. On a deluxe I can understand that kind of thing happening and accept it, but on something the size of a Voyager, it just doesn't look or feel right. Which is why I am not picking it up.

Secondly, FE Bumblebee looks great, I dig the figure, even in spite of my growing boredom and hatred of all things yellow car with black stripes alt mode. RiD Bee, I'm not picking up that mold as that character and I'm still on the fence for Hot Shot, true its a repaint of a Bee mold, which we hardly ever see as different characters. But I'm just not sure if he's worth getting.

Thirdly, RiD Soundwave, I just got him today and I don't see how he could possibly be a Least Favorite, Mediocre Medium Favorite maybe, but least? True his legs don't have loads of articulation, but his arms... Those arms are awesome, Laserbeak is a pretty fun accessory, unfortunately he won't sit in Megatron's hand to mimic the scene from TFTM in Prime form.

How can anyone hate FE Starscream? He can achieve so many awesome poses with the articulation he has, plus he can actually grovel before Megatron. Who cares what his feet look like, he's a great representation of his on-screen counterpart, with awesome articulation and poseability. (Don't believe me, just ask Haggis.)

I love all the figures I've gotten so far, even the Legion stuff, nothing counts as a Least Favorite and nothing ever will.
Old 03-23-2012, 03:39 PM   #10
shockwing
Please, call me Bringer

My most favourite is Deluxe FE Starscream because I'm a seeker(s) fan boy and they did a really good job with the toy.

my lest favourite is Deluxe FE Bumblebee, the second you transform him his body is loss, come with only 1 arm cannon, and not that accurate but looks better than the RID version (which I dont have and planning to get the Hotshot version)
shockwing is offline   Reply With Quote