Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers Feedback and Reviews > Transformers Video Reviews

Old 03-14-2017, 02:01 PM   #1
GotBot
Nexus Maximus
Titan Masters Ptero and Sawback

So this is a 2-for-1 where I look at both Autbots in this wave. I think Ptero is a pretty decent little Swoop rendition and probably more kid friendly with an easy transformation. However, I think the line is more meant for Sawback and he is actually a terrific little update to the headmaster Junior, Lione. That said, his conversion scheme is a little more complex, for the size. I think your opinions on these guys will depend on whether or not you are looking at them from a collector standpoint or as toys for kids to play with.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxr-8ct406Q
GotBot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 04:19 PM   #2
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions
Re: Titan Masters Ptero and Sawback

SO FUCKING GOOD.

I also think it's stunning to compare the wave 3 Titan Masters with the first two waves. Ptero, Sawback, and Fangry are so much *bigger* than the first wave stuff, and just look slicker. A clear example of designers getting the hang of something and playing to its strengths? Because man, all the beast Titan Masters are wayyyyyyy better and more fun than the vehicles. Even compared to the wave 2 standout, Apeface, the way Fangry's head robot becomes his abdomen makes him an insanely cool little beastbot.

I've had way too much fun with the Titan Masters.

"YOU WIN AGAIN, GRAVITY!"
RNSrobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 05:37 PM   #3
down_shift
Fortress Maximus

Agreed. My GF picked me up Shuffleupagus and Repungus. She's away at the moment, but I'm pumped to get them. I like the Ramhorn retool, but Shuffler just looks so awesome.
down_shift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 05:56 PM   #4
GotBot
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNSrobot View Post
SO FUCKING GOOD.

I also think it's stunning to compare the wave 3 Titan Masters with the first two waves. Ptero, Sawback, and Fangry are so much *bigger* than the first wave stuff, and just look slicker. A clear example of designers getting the hang of something and playing to its strengths? Because man, all the beast Titan Masters are wayyyyyyy better and more fun than the vehicles. Even compared to the wave 2 standout, Apeface, the way Fangry's head robot becomes his abdomen makes him an insanely cool little beastbot.

I've had way too much fun with the Titan Masters.
I was slow to warm up to these, but I agree, the new wave is pretty fun. Lione looks awesome and love the titan master mane. Fangry's torso head IS genius. I even like Overboard because it works as Overkill so well. I wonder if that was the intended version right from the get go?

Quote:
Originally Posted by down_shift View Post
Agreed. My GF picked me up Shuffleupagus and Repungus. She's away at the moment, but I'm pumped to get them. I like the Ramhorn retool, but Shuffler just looks so awesome.
Haha, everyone loves the mini elephant it seems. I THINK Repugnus MIGHT be a heavily retooled Sawback? I totally different the Ramhorn look. I hope he turns out as fun as he looks. I just hope with such a lag things pick up here quickly with releases. Fingers crossed. Enjoy your eager wait lol.
GotBot is offline   Reply With Quote