Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 05-14-2014, 12:25 AM   #1
ironclaugh
Armada
First 3rd Party Bots

So i'm getting a juicy tax return and I'm considering picking up a 3rd Party Combiner.

Now I like Green Giant and Intimidator a lot and they are nice and cheap on bbts.

But I think I really really like Warbotron-01 and would consider splurging on him. Now they have hinted that Warbotron-02 will be four cars and a truck (aka Menasor?)... so I may wait to see what they pull off instead of picking up Intimidator. Then who knows... maybe they will do up Devastator after... I'm such a combiner whore.

That being said... if I do go with Warbotron-01 I'm not sure where I should order it from. I know bbts will get nailed with customs... but they are sure to have the stock. I have never ordered from TFsource but I wonder if their stock is going to be as good as bbts with their strange 3-month exclusive crap. I'm not sure if any Canadian sites are even getting these guys... seems sketchy from what I have been reading on the forums.

Any thoughts?

Last edited by ironclaugh; 05-14-2014 at 12:53 AM.
ironclaugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 02:21 AM   #2
Sun Swipe Prime
Canadian Slag
Re: First 3rd Party Bots

If you're set on jumping into that pool of controversy that is Warbotron, I'd say just go with BBTS. It doesn't appear that any of the Canadian retailers are going to carry it, or at the very least there are going to be delays for all the bots.

Might as well just jump in with the sure thing.

Personally, I'm staying away from Warbotron, and it's not because of the controversy, which doesn't help, but because I don't really like their designs.

For me, the figures don't look like they've been engineered with extra care. I mean take a look at that nose cone back pack on Air Burst and those ugly booster heels. To me that kind of stuff should be designed better on a $100+ figure. The vibe I get is that it's designed to maximize profit.

Honestly, if I were in your shoes, I'd go for Green Giant or MMC's Feral Rex. Those are the ones I chose to buy.
Old 05-14-2014, 02:45 AM   #3
Transbot90210
Nexus Maximus

Just go buy Green Giant Intimidator and Feral Rex. Forget about warbotron. It's going to be craptastic.
Old 05-14-2014, 02:56 AM   #4
CBII
Animated

Get Giant, you won't regret it.
CBII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 03:04 AM   #5
mAk
Machine War

Ho ho ho Green Giant
mAk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 03:18 AM   #6
Deception
Crossover

i have green giant, intimidator and 3 pieces of feral rex. expensive figures but if you can afford it then i'd say go for it. i can't speak for warbotron. when i first saw them i liked the aesthetics but after more pics i decided against them because i don't like the warbotron/tfc scale. if you're not a scale nut like me i'd say at least wait for reviews. i believe they're a new company too.
Deception is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 03:23 AM   #7
Deception
Crossover

if you're dead set on getting a bruticus, there's also the fansproject add on limbs you can get at a pretty decent price right now too if you're looking at the right place. its not as big as green giant but it is another option.
Deception is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 07:43 AM   #8
ironclaugh
Armada

Yeah green Giant is pretty wick. What is the best site to grab him from as a Canadian?
Old 05-14-2014, 08:22 AM   #9
Cronosabre
Machine War

I just grabbed him from Action Robo at a good price and didn't get hit with customs.

http://www.actionrobo.com/index/inde...&product_id=56

If you really want Warbotron I would just put that money away in a TFSA savings account and buy it once it is completely out. Combiners have generally been cheaper once all the bots are out and are packaged as a set. By that time all this drama will hopefully be over and you will be able to see what the combined mode looks like and check the reviews. I'm waiting until Feral Rex is completed before I buy him.

I have Hercules, Uranos, Intimidator and FP Bruticus (Haven't pulled Giant out of the box yet). I kinda like the scale between Hercules, Uranos and Intimidator. Even though I have Herc I figured this would be my last chance to get Giant at a good price and I really wanted to check him out for myself. So that may be a good reason to get Giant, as the others will likely still be around for a while longer.
Cronosabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 08:34 AM   #10
ironclaugh
Armada

Dayum. Dat price. 339. Thanks man. Still have some thinking to do.