Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 08-03-2015, 06:16 PM   #11
elburrito
Animated
Re: Looking for a price quote

Another thing to consider when pricing a set like that is availability. See if you can find another online that is actually for sale.

There is a price guide for all G1 out there too.

Sale & Trade

Old 08-03-2015, 06:44 PM   #12
Sun Swipe Prime
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Einstein View Post
I use Ebay, Amazon, Message boards, Facebook groups, and retailer stores -both online and brick. I thought it would be redundant to point out the obvious, that was why I never said anything.
Of those, how many of them have MISB G1 transformers for sale right now, not counting KOs or reissues? How many of them have a MISB Stunticon let alone a box set for sale?

With all those resources at your disposal, you still haven't come up with a fair market price for a MISB G1 Menasor gift set. I mean it should be easy if it's so obvious and the info is so abundant. NO?
Old 08-03-2015, 06:52 PM   #13
Einstein
Banned
Einstein's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Swipe Prime View Post
Of those, how many of them have MISB G1 transformers for sale right now, not counting KOs or reissues? How many of them have a MISB Stunticon let alone a box set for sale?

With all those resources at your disposal, you still haven't come up with a fair market price for a MISB G1 Menasor gift set. I mean it should be easy if it's so obvious and the info is so abundant. NO?
Again, that wasn't what I said was it? I merely said Ebay is no way to judge market value. When you debate, do not put words where there were none.
Old 08-03-2015, 11:03 PM   #14
Sun Swipe Prime
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Einstein View Post
Again, that wasn't what I said was it? I merely said Ebay is no way to judge market value. When you debate, do not put words where there were none.
Isn't it? This was a thread about G1 Menasor. When you jump into a thread about G1 Menasor and say eBay is no way to judge market value after someone quotes it, there is an implied assumption that you know a better way to price this particular G1 toy.

And as the thread progressed, it's obvious you don't. So what was the point of you popping in here?

If eBay is the only readily available place for info, then you have to take what you get and work with it, don't you?

To the OP, I found my old Transformers identification and price guide and it says a MISB Menasor gift set is priced at $450+. Of course this guide was printed in 2007, so those figures are probably a little out of date.

Hopefully this price and the eBay prices will give you an idea of what to expect in pricing.
Old 08-03-2015, 11:30 PM   #15
timcrook
Cybertron

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanBot View Post
Let's say someone had an original, sealed G1 Menasor gift set available for purchase. Does anybody have an idea as to what a fair price for that would be?

What is the price that the person is asking for?

Me personally, for g1 stuff i'd only go for retail reissues, originals and secondary market reissues are too much for me.
Old 08-03-2015, 11:41 PM   #16
RageD
Energon

Ebay is fine for determining a market value as it gives you a large pool to pull from. Some items sell higher, some lower, but the average is a good place to get "Fair Market Value"... which is different than "True Market Value".
Old 08-03-2015, 11:51 PM   #17
CanBot
Cybertron

Thanks for the ideas, guys. For some reason I was thinking $600 would be my estimate, but given the rarity, I could see one fetching $1000. That's not a whole lot, considering the amount that some collectors spend on items like this.

I'm holding out that someday a Takara reissue will happen. I don't want to spend even $100 on a stop-gap measure like a KO, no matter how good the quality is. But...then again I just might, if there really isn't any way of getting 'the real deal'.

For me, this is the last piece of my own 'grail', so to speak. The only reason I go for sealed is that I want to be the one to put the miles on these toys...and unless you can handle the originals (say, at a Con), you really can't tell from an ebay auction how much reasonable wear and tear these individual bots may have. That said, I haven't tried to locate sealed Stunticons either. Maybe that's an option, who knows.

At the price I'd have to pay for sealed ones, though, I can't say I'd open them...dumb, I know, but I couldn't have the heart to do it. But let's be honest, the day I spend that kinda scratch on Stunticons, Takara is going to release the news that they're going to reissue them

I know ebay isn't the best source, but for me, it's probably the only option. That is, unless somebody in the fandom entertains selling theirs. And who knows how many multiple copies some of the more prolific collectors have? Might be worth it to poke around and ask a few questions.

Thanks again, guys.
Old 08-05-2015, 07:26 PM   #18
Leozak
Robots in the skies!
Leozak's Ebay Auctions

The question has been answered so the thread is being closed.
Closed Thread