Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 03-18-2013, 12:59 PM   #11
wervenom
Big Daddy
wervenom's Ebay Auctions
Re: What's with this community...

I don't think there is a difference between Criagslist/Kijiji/eBay or here on the boards. shabooya I know you asked not to mention things on the boards in order not to alienate someone but asking prices that are high are simply that, high. It wouldn't make a difference where it's listed. I simply think it comes down to what people are willing to pay and what might be fair. Yes "out of stock" items do go for higher as mentioned but there are some crazy prices out there. Take MP Grimlock for example as he seems to be quite the bone on contention as of late. When I bought mine it was $52 new from TRU (30% off sale) and I sold it for $80 not to long ago for reasons that some know. I didn't know his prices had rocketed that high but that doesn't mean I was going to start asking $300 to $400 as I have seen. I know I will buy one back eventually but not at those prices. Another example would be another member and a good freind of mine who bought MP-10 when they came out and was asking $200 because he saw other asking for that on other sites and he too was ridiculed for it. I think it comes down to if you are going to start some type of bidding war or ask for ebay/kijiji prices then you are opening yourself up to said ridicule. And as chroma cg says that would be my two cents and MY opinion may be as obsolete as the penny shall be.
Old 03-18-2013, 01:00 PM   #12
herooftheday316
Energon

Before this escalates into a fight...

My 2 cents.

Pricing is an art and there are many ways to look at it. You can choose to price things to move fast or to get maximum profits. In my case, if I am selling something I try to ask something fair under ebay prices because I do value this community and what it has done for me. There are awesome people here. That being said, some people want to make the maximum. Selling something for 200$ should be anyone's choice. Sometimes I think to myself "this guy is insane" and move on.

People dwell on things far too much here. Everyone has an opinion about literally everything. It's nice that you treat this community differently then someone on craigslist but I guess you shouldn't expect everyone to feel the same.

-Mike

Last edited by herooftheday316; 03-18-2013 at 01:04 PM.
Old 03-18-2013, 01:17 PM   #13
Mikformer
Machine War

People should be able to ask for however much they want and not be ridiculed in public. If an item doesn't sell, then they will lower the price or not sell it. They don't have to bullied and teased by the community to realize it is too high. The person will eventually realize this themselves if there are no responses.

There are some buyers that have a lot of money to spare, if they want to spend the a lot money that is their choice. Those people should also not be ridiculed in public.

That said, I believe this community IS pretty harsh and cruel for these types of topics. I personally try to at least recoup my own personal costs when I try to sell (even if it was on sale, and I wasn't able to get the sale price). If I know I will get blasted for posting, I will not post here.
Old 03-18-2013, 01:19 PM   #14
shabooya
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjwankenobi View Post
shabooya,

Just to play devil's advocate (again). Maybe everyone isn't conspiring against you?
Not what I am implicating and I could care less if it were the case.
I wonder why you want to make this personal though?

If you search through the Buy/Sell and the Wanted you will see they are rife with similar posts from many other members.

Last edited by shabooya; 03-18-2013 at 01:23 PM.
Old 03-18-2013, 01:21 PM   #15
shabooya
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by herooftheday316 View Post
Before this escalates into a fight...

My 2 cents.

Pricing is an art and there are many ways to look at it. You can choose to price things to move fast or to get maximum profits. In my case, if I am selling something I try to ask something fair under ebay prices because I do value this community and what it has done for me. There are awesome people here. That being said, some people want to make the maximum. Selling something for 200$ should be anyone's choice. Sometimes I think to myself "this guy is insane" and move on.

People dwell on things far too much here. Everyone has an opinion about literally everything. It's nice that you treat this community differently then someone on craigslist but I guess you shouldn't expect everyone to feel the same.

-Mike
Nice 1 Mike.
Old 03-18-2013, 01:21 PM   #16
shabooya
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikformer View Post
People should be able to ask for however much they want and not be ridiculed in public. If an item doesn't sell, then they will lower the price or not sell it. They don't have to bullied and teased by the community to realize it is too high. The person will eventually realize this themselves if there are no responses.

There are some buyers that have a lot of money to spare, if they want to spend the a lot money that is their choice. Those people should also not be ridiculed in public.

That said, I believe this community IS pretty harsh and cruel for these types of topics. I personally try to at least recoup my own personal costs when I try to sell (even if it was on sale, and I wasn't able to get the sale price). If I know I will get blasted for posting, I will not post here.
IME,
Bang on.

Exactly how this kind of behavior makes this site a less fun place to be.
I dare say, especially for newbies who might not really know what things are worth one way or the other.
Old 03-18-2013, 01:25 PM   #17
wedge1021
Energon

Quote:
Originally Posted by herooftheday316 View Post
... Sometimes I think to myself "this guy is insane" and move on...
This. I'm fine with people asking high prices. No one's forcing me to pay those prices. There's lots of things in life I don't buy, simply because the asking price is too great. That said, there's no reason why one couldn't try to make an offer if it's something you're really interested in. In the end it's the seller's decision on how low they will go. If no one is willing to pay that, then the guy will never make a sale.
Old 03-18-2013, 01:25 PM   #18
shabooya
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by wervenom View Post
I don't think there is a difference between Criagslist/Kijiji/eBay or here on the boards. shabooya I know you asked not to mention things on the boards in order not to alienate someone but asking prices that are high are simply that, high. It wouldn't make a difference where it's listed. I simply think it comes down to what people are willing to pay and what might be fair. Yes "out of stock" items do go for higher as mentioned but there are some crazy prices out there. Take MP Grimlock for example as he seems to be quite the bone on contention as of late. When I bought mine it was $52 new from TRU (30% off sale) and I sold it for $80 not to long ago for reasons that some know. I didn't know his prices had rocketed that high but that doesn't mean I was going to start asking $300 to $400 as I have seen. I know I will buy one back eventually but not at those prices. Another example would be another member and a good freind of mine who bought MP-10 when they came out and was asking $200 because he saw other asking for that on other sites and he too was ridiculed for it. I think it comes down to if you are going to start some type of bidding war or ask for ebay/kijiji prices then you are opening yourself up to said ridicule. And as chroma cg says that would be my two cents and MY opinion may be as obsolete as the penny shall be.

It doesn't make sense to be able to sell something one place and to get ridiculed for it here.

Why do we feel we're so much better?
Old 03-18-2013, 01:26 PM   #19
shabooya
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by wedge1021 View Post
This. I'm fine with people asking high prices. No one's forcing me to pay those prices. There's lots of things in life I don't buy, simply because the asking price is too great. That said, there's no reason why one couldn't try to make an offer if it's something you're really interested in. In the end it's the seller's decision on how low they will go. If no one is willing to pay that, then the guy will never make a sale.
Very well said.
Old 03-18-2013, 01:26 PM   #20
vohkuhl
Cybertron

Quote:
Originally Posted by shabooya View Post
170 for a MISB Wal Mart MP Starscream
I would assume this portion of your post is in reference to my sales thread...