Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 03-18-2013, 11:53 AM   #1
shabooya
Banned
What's with this community...

It seems like whenever a board member (especially one with fewer posts) posts up something for sale at a higher price or wanted at a lower; there is a peanut gallery just waiting online to complain about it.

I've been guilty of this act myself in the past but this kind of rancor and vehemence is stifling to the community.

What is it about someone selling an item above retail on this board for the same money they can get somewhere else that raises so much ire?

Why can't we allow someone to post up here, looking for a better than average deal without insinuating they are stupid for doing so?

Thoughts?
Old 03-18-2013, 12:03 PM   #2
Window
Robot Master
Re: What's with this community...

While I know you won't see this because you have me on ignore, most of what you're talking about is the good people of this community trying to help other set realistic expectations.

E-bay is an unrealistic marketplace, people have traded from paperclip to house on there in rare cases but overall it is an unrealistic marketplace.

Look at all those Hasbro Grimmy's not selling at that 400$ pricepoint yet on boards all over they sell normally between 140$ and 180$.

When you have people who ask the e-bay prices people do get a little up in arms over it because they don't want this place turning into e-bay where asking prices are way above what is realistic. Collecting is already expensive enough.
Old 03-18-2013, 12:05 PM   #3
cannabisprime
トーランスフォムー!

Sometimes it's just as simple as some members thinking a seller is posting prices that are "ridiculously out to lunch"...
Old 03-18-2013, 12:08 PM   #4
Window
Robot Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by cannabisprime View Post
Sometimes it's just as simple as some members thinking a seller is posting prices that are "ridiculously out to lunch"...
Old 03-18-2013, 12:09 PM   #5
chroma23
douchebag

first of all i have been gulity of such acts and got a warning from mods myself

personally i dont have a problem with people selling for a higher price especialy with items with limited runs or vintage items, sometimes prices will naturally go up once the store stock runs out. just look at say MP sideswipe or most fansproject stuff or some convention exclusives. how much the price should be inflated is pretty subjective in my opinion; some will jack up the price by a bit, and there will always be someone who will jack up the price by alot. for the overly inflated sellers, i just ignore and move on.

however, posting in the "wanted items" section asking for a below-than-standard (by standard i mean the typical price most online stores offer) price for a recently released japanese item just shows that the person isnt doing their homework at all, or being totally unrealistic and (reusing of the terms the OP used in one of his posts below, no offense to OP), "self-righteous". i find that to be pretty insulting to stores like tfsource or automaton who are already working hard to get us these pieces at good prices

just my 2 canadian pennies

BST on cybertron.ca: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=47234
FEEDBACK on cybertron.ca: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=16129

Last edited by chroma23; 03-18-2013 at 12:43 PM.
Old 03-18-2013, 12:11 PM   #6
jourdo
Twitter: @jourdo2k3

Quote:
I think you just won the thread.

TFCC Runamuck x 3 Achieved! Now looking for Lego Ninjago NRG Jay for Christmas. If you can help, let me know.
Old 03-18-2013, 12:20 PM   #7
Protoman
The Legend

Quote:
*slow clap*
Follow Protoman on TWITTER - Protoman http://twitter.com/Protoman
Old 03-18-2013, 12:31 PM   #8
shabooya
Banned

Quote:
Can you elaborate on this?
This is the exact kind of victimization that I'm talking about...

Also, in my ridiculously out to lunch post, I have specifically said not to post anything from this board...largely because I wouldn't want to alienate someone from here.

I think there is a difference between someone on Craigslist asking 192 for a ROTF Jetfire or 500 for a 20th anniversary MP Optimus than someone locally in this community (if thats what we are) asking for 170 for a MISB Wal Mart MP Starscream or 200 for a MISB TRU MP10...

Maybe that's just me.
I belong to a few boards like this as I have a few hobbies, but this one is by far the most self righteous.

Last edited by shabooya; 03-18-2013 at 12:35 PM.
Old 03-18-2013, 12:40 PM   #9
shabooya
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jourdo View Post
I think you just won the thread.
I don't understand...
can you please explain why?

I get that it feels good to make smart ass, inflammatory comments but you can at least back them up...
Otherwise, you're just trolling.

Last edited by shabooya; 03-18-2013 at 12:44 PM.
Old 03-18-2013, 12:53 PM   #10
jjwankenobi
Midichlorian Count Zero

shabooya,

Just to play devil's advocate (again). Maybe everyone isn't conspiring against you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Window View Post
The good people of this board are merely attempting to bring you back to reality and pointing out that the prices you're asking are e-bay prices and this isn't e-bay.

Closed Thread