Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 10-21-2007, 05:17 AM   #11
Protoman
The Legend
Re: It's finally happened...

Bout damn time. All the comic stores were doing it for about 2 weeks now (USD cover prices)
Follow Protoman on TWITTER - Protoman http://twitter.com/Protoman
Protoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 11:40 AM   #12
GMfan
Robot in Disguise

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuadESL63 View Post
Don't know if it is part of these price slashes/realignments but all Sony Playstations (PS3, and PSP) are at their new lower prices @ Sony Stores, TRU and RCSS now. I think Walmart as well but not sure. FS/BB has not changed their prices yet on these. Shame!

Hopefully Microsoft will follow suite... I want an Elite Should have wait to get a PS3, though
Just looked at the FS/BB flyer and they too have dropped the 60GB console down to $450 (still to expensive for the amount of time I can put into it :P). I also looked at the US TRU site and they got the 60GB console selling for $500 wow we got something cheaper here now!?!
GMfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 12:07 PM   #13
QuadESL63
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMfan101 View Post
Just looked at the FS/BB flyer and they too have dropped the 60GB console down to $450 (still to expensive for the amount of time I can put into it :P). I also looked at the US TRU site and they got the 60GB console selling for $500 wow we got something cheaper here now!?!
If you got a lot of PS2 games the 60GB/20GB is the best choice because it is hardware backward compatibility built in. The 80GB one only has the graphical engine, I think, so it is only ~90% backward compatible from what I have read. The upcoming 40GB one has no backward compatibility at all.

Yes, for the amount of (good) PS3 games it is a waste for now. I bought my 60GB for Blu-ray movie (and I paid $600 for it late last year ).

Looking for:
  • Nothing... spent too much lately
QuadESL63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 01:16 PM   #14
lars573
Energon

So I stopped at Zellers today on the way home and the empty deluxe pegs were $9.99, and the Voyagers were $24.99.
Old 10-25-2007, 07:12 AM   #15
Autovolt 127
Animated

Hell Yeah!
Add me on Discord: Autovolt#7759
Autovolt 127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 11:35 PM   #16
devilsknight
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoman View Post
Bout damn time. All the comic stores were doing it for about 2 weeks now (USD cover prices)

HAHAHA my Comic Store here in Brampton (Comic World) is still charging $5.25 + TAX CDN for a $3.99 US comic. I bought my last two today and then i'm moving along to a retailer who actually sells them at par...

Does anybody know of any place in Brampton or Mississauga that is selling their comics at par ?

Thanks
devilsknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 08:29 PM   #17
mitchmurphy

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuadESL63 View Post
If you got a lot of PS2 games the 60GB/20GB is the best choice because it is hardware backward compatibility built in. The 80GB one only has the graphical engine, I think, so it is only ~90% backward compatible from what I have read. The upcoming 40GB one has no backward compatibility at all.

Yes, for the amount of (good) PS3 games it is a waste for now. I bought my 60GB for Blu-ray movie (and I paid $600 for it late last year ).

man everytime i turn around the ps3 is gettin more affordable to me.

maybe ill invest in one soon. i really want resistance, heavenly sword and that new ratchet game