Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers Feedback and Reviews

Old 10-11-2011, 09:46 PM   #1
Akroyer
Nexus Maximus
TFC Toys Exgraver

I was really on the fence about this one for some time, and finally caved and ended up coming down on the side of TFC Hercules instead of MT Giant like I originally expected.

This guys is much bigger than I expected, even after seeing various video reviews and pictures of him over the last little while.

He is a great shade of green, and the plastic has a nice a heavy quality to it. He doesn't seem fragile at all. He is one item that if he fell from the shelf, I would expect him to survive intact.

He seems to be well jointed and articulated, and I've had no problems posing him, with the shovel attached to one arm. He seems to balance just fine.

His transformation is nice and simple, and I had no trouble changing him from robot, to vehicle to limb and back to robot mode again.

The only flaw I found is mine has a small smudge on the black paint on one shoulder. But nothing I would be too bothered about. I could always fix it with a sharpie or a quick touch of black paint. Nothing that would be noticeable in combined mode I don't imagine.

The only downside I can see is his price, but he's such a nice figure, and weighty and nice gauge of plastic that it blunts that quite a bit. IMO a much better guage of plastic than FPs Insecticons I just put out I would add.

Bring on the rest, hopefully a month or two apart as planned. And let's hope no one misses any along the way.

Last edited by Akroyer; 10-11-2011 at 09:48 PM.
Akroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 11:05 PM   #2
Echotransformer
Loves all things G1-ish..
Re: TFC Toys Exgraver

Thanks for the review...still eagerly awaiting mine from Automaton. I'm really glad they made these rugged...I hate it when joints pop off all the time or it feels like it's going to snap when handling.

Waiting for all 6 of these guys is going to be PAINFUL. Too awesome.

-Echo
Echotransformer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 11:44 PM   #3
brr-icy
G1 Collector
Send a message via MSN to brr-icy

great figure, mine's shovel is cracked, but there is a new one with heavy labor, so i'm not too sad.

keep away from sharpies for stuff like that, it'll look nice for a few weeks, then the dust will collect on it, and it will stain the plastic badly, just using paint would be your best bet, mine has a scratch, but i'll be getting the reprolabels anyways for them all

my collection ^ Brr-icy Photgraphy on Facebook
Mostly G1 Japan Want list My Blog
my feedback:
Cybertron.ca
TFW
brr-icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 06:59 AM   #4
Akroyer
Nexus Maximus

Sharpie came to mind when I wrote it. But when I think about it, I can't imagine I would actually use one. I have lots of paint still from Warhammer. But most likely I won't do anything about it. It's small, and doesn't personally bother me much. And if the reprolabel covers that spot that will be great.

I like the look of the Reprolabels for him. Hopefully they whip up a nice set for them all.

And Herc just keeps getting more expensive =p

Akroyer is offline   Reply With Quote