Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 08-30-2013, 04:50 PM   #1
Robbler
Machine War
Touching Up Figures

So a few weeks ago I got my Cloud + Hardy Daytona in the mail and I was so happy, until I saw there was some chips in the paint.

It's hard to see because it's still in it's original packaging and I haven't taken it out and I'm just using my iPod camera, but there is a chip in the hair where it's circled and another chip in top point of the hair and another small chip to the right of where I have it circled.

There's also what looks like to be faded paint to the left of the circle, where the hairline is. So I guess what I'm trying to say it, what's the best way to fix it? I've also never done any touch ups before so something very beginner friendly would be great.

I'm really disappointed that it came like that in the box and I've thought about taking it out and selling it and buying a replacement for it, but I think it might be easier just to touch it up if possible.

Any help would be appreciated.
Old 08-30-2013, 08:20 PM   #2
Mikformer
Machine War
Re: Touching Up Figures

Best way is to lightly sand it so it doesn't have sharp paint chip edges, then airbrush it. Of course this is skillfully complicated.

Without an airbrush you can drybrush it. This isn't difficult but requires some practice to put on the right shade.
Mikformer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 09:11 PM   #3
Deception
Crossover

i'd just leave it alone, or sell it. painting it might will still show especially if you don't have a matching paint. i just took a look on my cloud playarts and the hair colour changes from dark yellow to light yellow, might be harder to paint shades if you don't have experience. if you absolutely have to paint it, i'd suggest you paint the whole hair, that way you're guaranteed to have the same colour
Deception is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 08:47 AM   #4
gemwolf
Generation 2
gemwolf's Ebay Auctions

acrylic paint (from the looks of that u will need yellow and white and a touch like a small drop of red to make it yellow orange), and some water to mix - what i would do since its small use a toothpick - no really a toothpick instead of a brush drop the paint on the spot and either use the toothpick to spread the paint to slightly blow some air to spread it
make sure ur ratio for paint is around the 70/30 or 80/20 so its semi milky but not watery - u may need to do 2 layers

now to protect this from future scratches or paint wear - i would recommend getting a can of clear seal and spray the area or the figure

it comes in various finish from matte to satin

hope that helps
gemwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 06:03 PM   #5
Robbler
Machine War

Thanks for that, I might have to give that a try.