Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 02-09-2021, 04:29 AM   #51
Philtastic
Beasty
Re: Official War for Cybertron (Siege-Earthrise-Kingdom) Thread - Release Date/Discus

I'm looking for the Rumble/Ratbat set, and can't find it anywhere except for super marked-up on Ebay and Amazon (more than 5x the price most of the time).

Did they limit the release to some ridiculously small amount? The Ravage and Lazerbeak set seems pretty easy to find. What's up with Rumble/Ratbat?

Also, it's not actually Rumble, right? It's Frenzy. Are people hoarding it because of package error?
Philtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2021, 09:51 AM   #52
Melomeca
Generation 2
Re: Official War for Cybertron (Siege-Earthrise-Kingdom) Thread - Release Date/Discus

rat bat and rumble should still be available on aliexpress for 20-25 with shipping.
Melomeca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2021, 10:18 AM   #53
evenstaves
you renegade maverick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philtastic View Post
Did they limit the release to some ridiculously small amount? The Ravage and Lazerbeak set seems pretty easy to find. What's up with Rumble/Ratbat?
Both Siege cassettes were pretty coveted at retail release, cause the 1st pair hit stores pretty much same time as the Siege Soundwave they compatible with

Laserbeak/Ravage in wave 2, saw a fairly large restock at TRUs end of last year, during a sale no less
So most people who were out the pair, picked them up by then
That's why they are pretty easy to find still today (at TRUs)

Rumble/Ratbat in wave 5, end of the line saw limited appearances (think TR Ramhorn but a bit better than that)
Plus both new molds (no immediate redecos like the Micromasters did)
Many pre-invested in the gimmick for already having Siegewave & cat/birb, scrambled to clean out any Rumble/Ratbat they could find, plus scalpers, etc etc

I've seen Rumble & Ratbat once or twice since then (noted a couple in an Ottawa TRU this past December) so not completely gone, but I'd be surprised if any still haunting the pegs
evenstaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2021, 01:46 PM   #54
Philtastic
Beasty

Thanks for the explanation!

Has there been any word of a restock, or rerelease in an upcoming wave?
Old 02-09-2021, 01:50 PM   #55
RocketGTR
Animated

Quote:
Also, it's not actually Rumble, right? It's Frenzy. Are people hoarding it because of package error?
Quote:
An infamous production error during the making of the cartoon resulted in Rumble and Frenzy's color schemes being switched. Thus, in the original Generation 1 cartoon, Rumble is blue and purple.
https://tfwiki.net/wiki/Rumble_(G1)#...oon_continuity

So no, not a package error. They're just going with the original names/colours and not the G1 names/colours
Old 02-09-2021, 02:12 PM   #56
Philtastic
Beasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketGTR View Post

So no, not a package error. They're just going with the original names/colours and not the G1 names/colours
Until they decide to "correct" the issue like they did with Star Wars 4-LOM and Zuckuss figures, and then re-issue them in extra-special retro packaging! Though, if it's anything like what happened there, it'll be the one Amazon exclusive that hangs around forever, so maybe not a bad idea...
Old 02-09-2021, 04:53 PM   #57
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketGTR View Post

Rumble will always be blue to me, because I know him almost 90% from the cartoon.

"YOU WIN AGAIN, GRAVITY!"
RNSrobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2021, 12:11 AM   #58
Philtastic
Beasty

Rumble will always be blue to me, too.

And apparently he's blue to Hasbro, as well... The blue cassette is included in the Spy Patrol 3rd Unit set, and they specifically call him Rumble!

https://hasbropulse.com/products/tra...atrol-3rd-unit

So which one is it, Hasbro? Which one!?
Old 02-10-2021, 12:42 AM   #59
Philtastic
Beasty

Anyway, managed to get Rumble/Ratbat for effectively $30 shipped on Ebay, after combining with Arcee and Chromia, both also for retail after shipping. Not a bad score, I'd say, and saves the stress and hassle of hunting. That being said, I'm sure I'll walk into a TRU next week, and Rumble will be sitting right there...
Old 02-10-2021, 01:21 AM   #60
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Rumble will always be blue to me, too.

And apparently he's blue to Hasbro, as well... The blue cassette is included in the Spy Patrol 3rd Unit set, and they specifically call him Rumble!

https://hasbropulse.com/products/tra...atrol-3rd-unit

So which one is it, Hasbro? Which one!?
This is fantastic:

Quote:
"Fans can add to their Soundwave Spy Patrol collection and unite Frenzy with WFC-S46 Rumble to complete the dynamic duo from the 80s (each sold separately, subject to availability). Now it’s up to you to decide which Decepticon is red or blue!"
There is also this bit on Cyclonus' official promo material:

Quote:
Cyclonus, a Herald of Unicron, first appears in the 1986 movie when Bombshell/Skywarp/both/neither was reformatted into the second-in-command of Galvatron.

"YOU WIN AGAIN, GRAVITY!"
RNSrobot is offline   Reply With Quote