Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 09-19-2015, 11:47 PM   #1
RocketGTR
Animated
All things Macross

So I was rewatching Macross Frontier and I realized that my Macross collection is sorely lacking. I really only have the Yamato VF-19A in game colours and the Wave 1/5000th scale SDF-1. The rest are smaller and generally non transforming. I've put a preorder in for the Macross Zero 1/60 VF-0S coming out this Dec from Arcadia to add to my collection.

As I began my search to see what was out there I realized that Arcadia has now replaced Yamato and have begun to re-release some of the molds. Also that Bandai had done their own line now.

I want to build my collection around the 1/60th scale considering I already have the VF-19A and I'm happy with the that scale considering potential space issues.

Now I'll be collecting these as I have room in the budget. I'm just curious from those who collect, what is the quality like on the Bandai ones? Obviously the prices are a little more attractive. However, I've looked at a few pictures and they don't seem to scale with the Yamato/Arcadia versions? Of course I haven't looked into the exact "real" measurements of the fighters so maybe the VF-25 are supposed to be smaller than the older models (IE more advanced tech) Also is it a case of you pay for what you get?

I do also want to pick up a few of the VF's from Frontier. But does Bandai own the licenses for these fighters?
Old 09-20-2015, 03:48 AM   #2
xbrawn
Banned
Re: All things Macross

Any intrest in a Robotech breetai figure misb?
xbrawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2015, 06:59 PM   #3
RocketGTR
Animated

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbrawn View Post
Any intrest in a Robotech breetai figure misb?
Nope, just opinions on Arcadia and Bandai 1/60th VF figures. :P
Old 09-20-2015, 09:18 PM   #4
ConvoyGTR
Generation 2

I have some Bandai DX Chogokin 1/60 valkyries from Frontier, and they are the cream of the crop. It's like TF MP's, but higher end. And as high end figures go, they can get fiddly, paint chip, and parts can loosen over time, but totally worth it.

If that interests you, aftermarket prices are steep, but mostly for the "2.0" Renewal and newest figures. You can probably fidn the original release "!.0" figures at decent prices and get a taste. I assume. The last time I looked at prices long ago, that was the case.
Old 09-21-2015, 12:11 AM   #5
RocketGTR
Animated

The prices are definitely up there. But I don't mind saving up and buying as I have the funds. I'm hoping this will be more of a long term project instead of how I started TF collecting where it was now now now haha

Thanks for the input though!
Old 09-21-2015, 12:53 AM   #6
Pascal
Banned

I have a VF-25 Alto Renewal (loose/complete) and a VF-171EX Nightmare (MIB) for sale if you want. Aggressive styling (well, at least compared to regular Macross Valks), some die-cast content as well. I find the Frontier stuff well made and refreshing; in fact, I'm keeping (the allegedly inferior) original VF-25 Alto with full armor because it's just so over the top in both modes. I also have the huge transforming Quarter, quite a piece too.

Last edited by Pascal; 09-21-2015 at 01:02 AM.
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 11:45 PM   #7
SanMiguel
Beasty
SanMiguel's Ebay Auctions

Macross figures aint cheap. Arcadia claimed it was all because of the engineering but if compared to Macross Bandai, the later is still a bit cheaper. I too am a long collector of this series but I couldnt afford to keep up with the latest figures from both parties. As much as I want it, its not practical. Thats why shifted to MP series. But I do keep watched on collectors selling theyre beloved Macross figures, if my budget permits it, why not.
Old 09-29-2015, 05:53 PM   #8
RocketGTR
Animated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
I have a VF-25 Alto Renewal (loose/complete) and a VF-171EX Nightmare (MIB) for sale if you want. Aggressive styling (well, at least compared to regular Macross Valks), some die-cast content as well. I find the Frontier stuff well made and refreshing; in fact, I'm keeping (the allegedly inferior) original VF-25 Alto with full armor because it's just so over the top in both modes. I also have the huge transforming Quarter, quite a piece too.
I've made myself a little list of must have's and will focus on those first. After that list is completed then I'll look into secondary items.

Unfortunately, both of those are on a secondary priority. As I like some of the other VF-25 Variants more and I'm not sure if I'm a fan of the 171EX yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanMiguel View Post
Macross figures aint cheap. Arcadia claimed it was all because of the engineering but if compared to Macross Bandai, the later is still a bit cheaper. I too am a long collector of this series but I couldnt afford to keep up with the latest figures from both parties. As much as I want it, its not practical. Thats why shifted to MP series. But I do keep watched on collectors selling theyre beloved Macross figures, if my budget permits it, why not.
Yes I've noticed how pricey they can be

Do you have the original Yamato VF-0S? I have a preorder for the rerelease by Arcadia this December. But I'm debating if I should just get the older Yamato version though I read that those have some shoulder issues?
Old 09-30-2015, 12:10 PM   #9
SanMiguel
Beasty
SanMiguel's Ebay Auctions

The Arcadia VF0S are the bomb as far as Macross Zero series is concerned and so does its price. I wouldnt mind having the old VF0S from Yamato even if its loose, but the dollar exchange is a b!tch @ the moment. I do have the small scale Hi Metal Armored VF1J in transit. Its tiny but its a good substitute to the expensive Arcadia 1/60 scale. Too bad Arcadia never continued the 1/60 scale model VF's, its the cheaper alternative to the 1/60 squad.
Old 10-03-2015, 07:53 AM   #10
Tekkamanraiden
G1 Original
Tekkamanraiden's Ebay Auctions

So is that's what happened to Yamato, was after one of their VF-17D before the prices got crazy (and hard to find).

Feedback http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=19772
Tekkamanraiden is offline   Reply With Quote