Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 11-25-2020, 11:51 AM   #21
starsaber89
Generation 2
Re: Amazon.com and Pitney Bowes Shipping?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goaliebot View Post
Aaaaaaaand it's gone.

Pitney Bowes claim they delivered it yesterday to our front porch, but surprise surprise, no package.

We have never had an issue with package theives in our neighborhood though of course there's a first time for everything.

Could have been delivered to the wrong house, about a week ago we got a WalMart package for a house number 1 digit off (think 356 when we are 366) - I just walked it up the street to the right house.

The actual local courier Pitney Bowes used is some company called Apple, of all things, which I have never heard of or seen vehicles for.

Not sure next steps. Might wait a day to see if a neighbor drops it off or this mystery Apple courier delivers it late and was fudging scans.

The problem is that if I need to order another one then I need to do so ASAP to get it for Xmas...
That's sucks! I'm sorry, will amazon give you a refund? I'm so worried to order from amazon.com now, if they keep using this shipping company I'll never get any of my packages. Oh and it's 5 days now, still says out for delivery every morning followed by item returned to warehouse.
starsaber89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2020, 12:32 PM   #22
Scrapper6
Nexus Maximus

My Biosfera wound up going through Fedex, so it's hit or miss who they use to ship it out I think. I never even heard of this place until I nabbed the Prime exclusive on flash sale.

Sounds like a nightmare logistics company though.
Old 11-25-2020, 12:43 PM   #23
Banshee
Energon

I ordered Dead Prime from .com and Pitney bowes was used for shipping. I don't know who PB used for local delivery, but it took 5 days for my package to arrive.

I have a second order in transit from .com, and it's with PB again. We'll see how this one goes.
Banshee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2020, 12:55 PM   #24
starsaber89
Generation 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banshee View Post
I ordered Dead Prime from .com and Pitney bowes was used for shipping. I don't know who PB used for local delivery, but it took 5 days for my package to arrive.

I have a second order in transit from .com, and it's with PB again. We'll see how this one goes.
I think PB is using Intelcom for mine. Let us know how your second delivery goes. I'm thinking if they don't deliver I'll get a refund and grab nemesis prime locally instead. Still haven't decided though, maybe I should try again.
Old 11-25-2020, 02:11 PM   #25
Scrapper6
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by starsaber89 View Post
I think PB is using Intelcom for mine. Let us know how your second delivery goes. I'm thinking if they don't deliver I'll get a refund and grab nemesis prime locally instead. Still haven't decided though, maybe I should try again.
Not Nemesis Prime.

This is Dead Prime, aka Prime after death in TFTM '86.

Nemesis is the Spoiler Pack release.
Old 11-25-2020, 03:44 PM   #26
starsaber89
Generation 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapper6 View Post
Not Nemesis Prime.

This is Dead Prime, aka Prime after death in TFTM '86.

Nemesis is the Spoiler Pack release.
Oh I know that. I ordered him too and am waiting for him to come, I'm saying if the package is lost or stolen I'll get a refund and just buy the Nemesis Spoiler pack and give up on Dead Prime.
Old 11-25-2020, 06:20 PM   #27
evenstaves
you renegade maverick

Popping in my two cents for whatever its worth

When I was younger I used to do a lot of eBay purchases, significantly less so now

I recall, anytime I was buying from the US (or at least, I only saw it in those instances), there was always a charge from Pitney Bowes in there somewhere
I always just figured they were the company who puts things through customs or something

I don't recall items ever "not arriving", but to be fair, it was a million years ago, and I could be an unreliable narrator

Basically just saying I never in the past associated them with poor service/quality, because I never had reason to (things would show up)

It's too bad to hear if they might be becoming sh*t; I wonder how much of it is pandemic-reflective?
evenstaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2020, 06:39 PM   #28
starsaber89
Generation 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by evenstaves View Post
Popping in my two cents for whatever its worth

When I was younger I used to do a lot of eBay purchases, significantly less so now

I recall, anytime I was buying from the US (or at least, I only saw it in those instances), there was always a charge from Pitney Bowes in there somewhere
I always just figured they were the company who puts things through customs or something

I don't recall items ever "not arriving", but to be fair, it was a million years ago, and I could be an unreliable narrator

Basically just saying I never in the past associated them with poor service/quality, because I never had reason to (things would show up)

It's too bad to hear if they might be becoming sh*t; I wonder how much of it is pandemic-reflective?
I dunno if it's pandemic related but what I can't figure out is why they keep scanning my package and saying it's out for delivery everyday and then just returning it to the warehouse instead of actually try and deliver it. Why spend all the time loading and unloading the truck on a daily basis? Here's the updated tracking:

Wednesday, November 25
1:44 PM
Out for delivery

Tuesday, November 24
11:48 PM
A carrier delay has occurred
1:14 PM
Out for delivery
12:50 AM

Monday, November 23
10:47 PM
Delivery attempted
2:05 PM
Out for delivery

Sunday, November 22
1:05 PM
Out for delivery

Saturday, November 21
2:00 AM
1:08 AM
Delivery attempted

Friday, November 20
12:49 PM
Out for delivery

Thursday, November 19
11:50 PM
6:50 PM
Delivery attempted
12:45 PM
Out for delivery

Monday, November 16
4:20 PM
Completed customs clearance process

Every morning I get an email from amazon.com saying my order is still arriving today and nothing comes lol. It's like a sick prank.
Old 11-25-2020, 08:40 PM   #29
Goaliebot
All Makes and Models

Quote:
Originally Posted by starsaber89 View Post
I dunno if it's pandemic related but what I can't figure out is why they keep scanning my package and saying it's out for delivery everyday and then just returning it to the warehouse instead of actually try and deliver it. Why spend all the time loading and unloading the truck on a daily basis? Here's the updated tracking:

Wednesday, November 25
1:44 PM
Out for delivery

Tuesday, November 24
11:48 PM
1:14 PM
Out for delivery

Monday, November 23
10:47 PM
Delivery attempted
2:05 PM
Out for delivery

Sunday, November 22
1:05 PM
Out for delivery

Saturday, November 21
2:00 AM
1:08 AM
Delivery attempted

Friday, November 20
12:49 PM
Out for delivery

Thursday, November 19
11:50 PM
6:50 PM
Delivery attempted
12:45 PM
Out for delivery

Monday, November 16
4:20 PM
Completed customs clearance process

Every morning I get an email from amazon.com saying my order is still arriving today and nothing comes lol. It's like a sick prank.
If I had to guess I'd guess that it's never actually getting on the truck. Maybe they have too many packages to deliver vs trucks and drivers. And perhaps their metrics that go back to Amazon look bad when packages sit in the carrier's warehouse, but are OK if packages are out on trucks "attempting" delivery.

So maybe one would be tempted to scan all the packages in the facility each morning as "out for delivery" and then scan them "back in" near end of day as delivery attempted.

------

As for my duaghters missing xmas gift, Amazon US's FAQ says go talk to the carrier. But Pitney Bowes and the subcarrier they used ("AppleExpress") don't talk to end consumers from what I can tell from calling and going through their sites, and instead say talk to the retailer.

I've emailed Amazon customer service but am expecting nothing will be done. And i can't find this damn thing anywhere else. So I will have to decide whether to roll the Pitney Bowes dice again for another $40 or give up.
Goaliebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2020, 09:06 PM   #30
starsaber89
Generation 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goaliebot View Post
If I had to guess I'd guess that it's never actually getting on the truck. Maybe they have too many packages to deliver vs trucks and drivers. And perhaps their metrics that go back to Amazon look bad when packages sit in the carrier's warehouse, but are OK if packages are out on trucks "attempting" delivery.

So maybe one would be tempted to scan all the packages in the facility each morning as "out for delivery" and then scan them "back in" near end of day as delivery attempted.

------

As for my duaghters missing xmas gift, Amazon US's FAQ says go talk to the carrier. But Pitney Bowes and the subcarrier they used ("AppleExpress") don't talk to end consumers from what I can tell from calling and going through their sites, and instead say talk to the retailer.

I've emailed Amazon customer service but am expecting nothing will be done. And i can't find this damn thing anywhere else. So I will have to decide whether to roll the Pitney Bowes dice again for another $40 or give up.
So basically:

Amazon: Go contact the carrier.
Carrier: Go contact the retailer.

That's total bs. I dunno if I would roll the dice, I'd be mad for losing one item already.

And about the truck thing ahhh that makes sense! Very sneaky. Well, here's hoping it shows up tomorrow, it's supposed to be the last day before amazon declares it lost and issues a refund or replacement.