Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 08-20-2008, 10:29 PM   #11
Bruticus82
Fortress Maximus
Re: Lost Memories

G1 Pretender...uhm...the decepticon animal pretender...it was a wolf? I lost the inside robot sometime between July and August 1988 while I was in Italy. I often wonder where it wound up, and what marvelous adventures it had. I'd like to think that it's still out there somewhere, and we'll be reunited...someday... *sad violin music playing.*

1. Combiner Wars Devastator
2. 25th Anniversary Unicron (MISB)
3. DOTM Takara Vortex (MOSC)
+ and more!

Looking to buy:
1. G1 Pretender Groundbreaker

My Feedback Thread

Avatar Image by the talented Ninjatron!
Bruticus82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 10:52 PM   #12
chans formers
raff ow roud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimus_Prime View Post
Are you rich? Anyways, that's gotta hurt bad, especially when you think of the time and money spent on that. How sad...
no,i wasnt rich,just really really bad.alot of time was spent amassing the collection i had,but not alot of money.
Old 08-20-2008, 11:34 PM   #13
Nocturn
Previously Dead

My BW figs... I know we had Manterror, Terrorsaur, Airrazor, Armordillo, and Retrax, plus others I don't remember.
Old 08-21-2008, 10:10 AM   #14
Scrapper6
Nexus Maximus

Well, as far as Beast Wars items go I don't really regret it because I can find most of them again easier I think then the G1 stuff.

I had the following up until 05 or so then I sold them because they were duplicates. (Duplicates that were repaints for the most part, but still duplicates. Although I want to have a 100% complete BW collection one day so I'll have to buy back at least the Fox Kids repaints I got rid of. Er anyway.)

Fox Kids Transmetal Rattrap. Tansmetal Two Blue and White variant Prowl the Owl (I kept the Black and Blue version because the other one flaked something awful and I always thought the variant paint job looked ten times better. Variants I have no interested in re-aquiring.), Transmetal Two Duplicate Igunaus (The TM2 Preds were so outnumbered by the Maxis I think I wanted duplicates as part of a troop building repaint goal, but I never got around to repainting them and then Reptillion came out which I still want, but haven't got yet.), Transmetal Two variant Dinobot. (The dirtier paint job, the one that doesn't look as much like the show as the clear bone-white paintjob. At least I think so anyway.), Transmetal Airazor (Fox Kids version just looked better, but for my future display designs I'm going to need her back. Heh.).

I also had duplicates of Vehicons Obsidian, Thrust and Scavenger which I got rid of because quite frankly troop building only makes sense with Terrorcons these days. Troopbuilding Vehicons also won't make the Vehicons outnumber the Maximals like on the show because I'd still have way more Maximals then Vehicons. I'm only troob building the three Drone releases. Tank Drone, Motorcycle Drone and Sonic Attack Jet (Aerodrone.) anyway when I do finish off my BM collection. I still wish Hasbro would have repainted the deluxe Thrust mold for Universe 1.0 though it would have looked so cool in a classic black and red biker bot paint job or maybe Insecticon colors.

Last, but not least I always regret getting rid of Panther and Beetle from the McDonalds Happy Meals. I know they'd probably be easy to find, but they were sort of cool and really new characters no like all the damn promotions from Beast Machines on. Heck even the Transmetal versions of BA, Dinobot and Scorponok weren't original characters like the first set. A real pity too it would have been neat to see well engineered figures during the BM days that were brand new Vehicon designs or Maximals.
Old 08-21-2008, 11:06 AM   #15
jjwankenobi
Midichlorian Count Zero

Back around '89/'90 I was complelled to give away ALL of my toys to our Church in hopes that some less fortunate kid somewhere would enjoy the toys that I so meticulously played with. Somewhere out there, the following noteworthy complete toys got into un-deserving grubby little hands:

G1 Optimus Prime
G1 Jetfire
G1 Hound
G1 Shockwave
G1 Megatron
James Bond's DB5 Aston Martin by Corgi
Talking K.I.T.T. (w/ 'Hoff action figure!!!)

At least I 'forgot' to give away my G1 Grimlock who is with me to this day...

jjwankenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 01:29 PM   #16
chans formers
raff ow roud

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjwankenobi View Post
Back around '89/'90 I was complelled to give away ALL of my toys to our Church in hopes that some less fortunate kid somewhere would enjoy the toys that I so meticulously played with. Somewhere out there, the following noteworthy complete toys got into un-deserving grubby little hands:

G1 Optimus Prime
G1 Jetfire
G1 Hound
G1 Shockwave
G1 Megatron
James Bond's DB5 Aston Martin by Corgi
Talking K.I.T.T. (w/ 'Hoff action figure!!!)

At least I 'forgot' to give away my G1 Grimlock who is with me to this day...
lolz!!i had the talking kitt car too!!! i think i still have the "hoff" laying around somewhere!!