Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers Feedback and Reviews

Old 04-08-2009, 06:33 PM   #21
Poho
Generation 2
Re: Quick review: ROTF Leader Megatron

doesn't look to bad. i passed on leader megs from the last movie, so i may pick this one up.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLO LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLO LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLO LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLO LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
Xbox Live: Mr Poho
Poho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 07:52 PM   #22
frenzy_rumble

excellent review Pascal. I love the figure, personally. Did you happen to see the easy mod I did for the elbowless arm?

Old 04-08-2009, 11:51 PM   #23
Pascal
Banned

Not sure I want to risk ruining a Leader class figure!
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 05:14 PM   #24
dak
Master Creator

did you happen to see the video review on TFW? apparently the turret can turn? not smoothly... and you have to make it go out of the way to make it happen... but it seems to be able to.
dak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 06:14 PM   #25
Pascal
Banned

Despite what Peaugh's video seem to show, the toy has not been designed so the turret could turn. It needs to be connected in 2 different places. If you disconnect the front end, you can make it turn, but the minute you try moving it up, the top of the turret will pop off because the rear part and the blade will push against the black part at the back (upper arm in robot mode).

In robot mode, the correct transformation is to move the turret forward on the arm to form the claw hand otherwise you will encounter the same problems.

Last edited by Pascal; 04-09-2009 at 06:41 PM.
Old 04-10-2009, 12:33 AM   #26
TFtoys
Animated

I actually like the first movie version Robot mode better, even though it is "smaller". The Vog class movie 2 Megatron has better color scheme than the leader one, which is really suprised me...
TFtoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 12:09 AM   #27
Pascal
Banned

A little update... I noticed later that in tank mode, the left leg wasn't pointing perfectly forward, it was slightly at angle pointing outward (so tank treads were not parallel). To realign it, I just disassembled the left leg, unscrewed the black post/connector from the inside, shaved a few millimeters at the bottom of it, added thin layers of glue on both side where it connects with the torso to make it slightly wider for a tighter fit (that left connector is pretty weak compared to the right one which uses a different system despite the post being similar) and reassembled the whole thing. Now treads are perfectly parallel in tank mode. Kinda sucks that you have to fix a brand new toy though.

Last edited by Pascal; 04-21-2009 at 09:43 AM.
Old 04-21-2009, 01:01 AM   #28
ooh_henry
Generation 2

Wow...I didn't like the movie line very much....but this Meg's is a sure buy for me.
ooh_henry is offline   Reply With Quote