Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 04-03-2011, 02:05 AM   #31
Witterquick
Unabashed Cosmos Fanboy
Re: I'm having a collection crisis of sorts.....

I've got a selection up for sale for the local guys, because I can't afford shipping for a bit. But I am selling a good chunk of it. Probably 2/3 or more of my RotF stuff is going, plus some more figs once I catalog them. Most likely some BM crap that no one will want
Witterquick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 08:51 AM   #32
Pascal
Banned

I have collection crisises every second week.
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 05:33 AM   #33
ConvoyGTR
Generation 2

I also have never sold or traded any of my toys too.

From very early in my collecting, I've always been very picky about what I buy:

- Unless I really want it, I won't buy it.

- I never buy any repaints unless there is a very very special reason. So, if I really like that toy, I would only ever buy Bumblebee and Starscream and never Cliffjumper and ect.

-If the same character mold comes in a bunch of different decos, I just pick the best representation or accurate version of it and maybe pay a premium price i.e., Henkai Ironhide and Cyclonus if it really warrants it.

-If it's a updated mold of the same char, i.e., deluxe movie Bumblebee, it would have to be a vast improvement over the movie 1 Concept Camaro for me to get another and that was Battle Blade Bumblebee. So, of all the movie Bumblebees I have only 2 deluxes and that's fine because they offer different things.

- If it's the same character in different size classes, I usually go with the most show accurate version, and if the bigger or smaller version offers something different or more accuracy, then there's nothing you can do about that i.e., HA Bumblebee. But again, that is if I really want that toy.

However, one of the few toys I passed on and always always regretted is TM2 Blackarachnia. All these years and I still haven't gotten around to fixing that... I should do something about that.

Those are the guidelines I enforce on myself and I'm sure some of that is what you guys follow too. I hope this info. somehow helps you out with your dilemma.
Old 04-10-2011, 01:25 PM   #34
Commandoclone87
Seeker

^ ^ ^

I go by something similar. since me and my brother are both collecting, if there is a mold/character with multiple releases, my brother and I will usually decide on taking one paint app and the other will take the repaint (Brother gets camaro concept bumblebee and I get camaro concept Cliffjumper) unless a repaint is neither available or sold out or if it was a favorite character.
Commandoclone87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 08:13 AM   #35
Batman
The Dark Knight

With the exception of a few (probably the ones you want to keep) movie toys don't sell for anything near what you paid for them. You practically have to give them away.

My advice is if you want to get rid of them, sell the ones that you know you can get a decent price for (HA Mudflap, Leader SS, Voyager Bludgeon etc. again probably the ones you want to keep lol) and email the vintage department at BBTS and sell them the rest. You have to pay shipping but if you take store credit you will get more money than if you take cash.

I sold almost all of my movie toys. The only figures I have kept are Buster Optimus Prime, Leader Starscream and HA Jazz. I have never looked back since.

Last edited by Batman; 04-13-2011 at 08:15 AM.
Batman is offline   Reply With Quote