Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 12-24-2010, 02:15 PM   #11
Buhawi
Ang Alamat
Re: transformer buddy?

I influenced a co-worker. He already amassed a couple of alternators, classics, human alliance. Fun part is going toy hunting together.
Old 12-24-2010, 03:16 PM   #12
Ozrein
Stunticon

I dont have any friends that are into the toys other than ones that I've met through the forums but even those people, I dont really hang out with. There is one friend that was a big fan as a kid and thinks my collection is pretty cool but he's not into collecting or anything.
Old 12-24-2010, 03:52 PM   #13
jackwacko
Classic

Like the Thread Opener.. I just graduated from High school and is currently in University.. Its a lonely hobby if you're 25 or younger.. However I do talk to my high school teacher who's a huge transformers collector... That's about it =.=
jackwacko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 05:31 PM   #14
Larkhainan
Robot in Disguise

Quote:
Originally Posted by bedtime View Post
i dont have any friends into it, which is probably for the better as i'm sure we'd just fuel each others fires and i'd end up spending even MORE on toys.
Yeah, seriously, talking to people about new toys on forums is bad enough. Shit is way more exciting when you get to discussing the features, paint jobs, how they sit with the rest of your collection, your favorites from G1, etc etc. Having a real life friend in on it would just get out of hand!

I do wish I had a real life friend who could show me the ropes in terms of customizing and painting, but I guess it's for the best since I'd spend way more. (Though I guess you can resell good customs)
Larkhainan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 06:20 PM   #15
brr-icy
G1 Collector
Send a message via MSN to brr-icy

quite a few actually, i don't get to see them regularly, but i have a friend here that i've known since highschool, got him collecting toys since i moved back to stratford, he started a MOTU collection, and he's getting MP Rodimus, lol kind of reminded of the pringles saying... a few of my friends are also on the forums, met them through here, still get to see them once in a while, chat with them a lot

my collection ^ Brr-icy Photgraphy on Facebook
Mostly G1 Japan Want list My Blog
my feedback:
Cybertron.ca
TFW
brr-icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 07:34 PM   #16
Bruticus82
Fortress Maximus

I meet a lot of nice people from these forums to buy/trade, but I don't meet up with any of them regularly unfortunately.

None of my friends are into it, and some don't even know I collect transformers. I don't really have anyone to talk to about it. I used to tell my brother about things like great deals I'd get, or new products coming out, but now I don't anymore, I felt like I was bothering him. :-p

1. Combiner Wars Devastator
2. 25th Anniversary Unicron (MISB)
3. DOTM Takara Vortex (MOSC)
+ and more!

Looking to buy:
1. G1 Pretender Groundbreaker

My Feedback Thread

Avatar Image by the talented Ninjatron!
Bruticus82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 07:44 PM   #17
shockwing
Please, call me Bringer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruticus82 View Post
I used to tell my brother about things like great deals I'd get, or new products coming out, but now I don't anymore, I felt like I was bothering him. :-p
I kinda still do that to him, he is more intrested in the movie then toys, when ever a toy gets leaked he would get exited and thats all I got from him
shockwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 08:34 PM   #18
Witterquick
Unabashed Cosmos Fanboy

I am very fortunate to live with my best friend, who is a pretty casual TF collector. She'll pick up the characters she likes, and that's about it. But she'll sit and listen to me rave/rant about the latest fig i've picked up, she comes with on toy runs, and she knows the history of the line pretty decently. What more could one ask for?
Witterquick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 09:47 PM   #19
CyberMnky
Animated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witterquick View Post
I am very fortunate to live with my best friend, who is a pretty casual TF collector. She'll pick up the characters she likes, and that's about it. But she'll sit and listen to me rave/rant about the latest fig i've picked up, she comes with on toy runs, and she knows the history of the line pretty decently. What more could one ask for?
All the above but with a generous spirit and disposible income?

If you are reading this then you must be bored...

CyberMnky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 09:50 PM   #20
Deemar
Banned

The first Transformer I bought when building my collection was Metroplex off a local seller from Ebay. Been friends with the guy ever since......the seller, not Metroplex!
Deemar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
buddy transformers