Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 04-30-2007, 12:48 PM   #11
kidkid
Re: What do you think about Titanium series Transformers?

Ya, maybe u guys are right about the scale thingie. U really can't get the same scale from different transformer's generation.......That is what i was concerning in the beginning when i start collect Transformers, I was too used to the scale thing for Gundams. Is it possible to get the 6" Soundwave? Or is it even out yet? And which ones are out for the 6" ? I am more into the 6" inches thing, cuz 3" has less action. I love actions.
kidkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 12:57 PM   #12
Nerroth
Alea iacta est.

So far, I only have WW Jetfire (who's back in Ireland) and Rodimus Prime (who is just great - but then I am a huge Roddy fan!), but as far as the line itself goes...

From what I've seen of the figs - such as at the TFcon - the range is very hit and miss. Some moulds that do most things right have a few glaring faults (G1 Ultra Magnus' head looks terrible, and I hate the soft rubber heads and hands on the WW Seekers) and as a line it's very hard to find!

For example, as a fan of the Movie-era characters I'd like to at least see Scourge before deciding on him or not, and even at the con I couldn't see him - although I did arrive late.

Even Rodimus - by far my favourite, along with Jetfire - could have been a little less hunchback-ey in robot mode, and he doesn't fit seamlessly as a vehicle either.

But hey - if they do a G1 Cyclonus and Galvatron, I'll snap them up anyway!

Fate/Trans Form - a Fate/Stay Night-TF crossover.

Transformers Redemption: Worlds Distant - Nebulos' role in the Redemption storyline.
Nerroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 01:13 PM   #13
Paradigm-Shift Prime
Unit Warrior

Yeah, really they're subpar figures IMO, for reasons already mentioned. They are so basic and clunky. Worst of all most their transformations are doable by a 1 year old in 10 seconds, which is what disappoints me the most. They're still ok, definately not worth 'collecting' if you feel pressured into buying ones you don't really want, and we get ripped on the price for them here in Canada too (biggest price mark up from US of TF figs).

The ones I do have are: Jetfire, Thundercracker, Soundwave, and Rodimus.
Paradigm-Shift Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 03:15 PM   #14
PrimeConvoy
Machine War

I collect both the 6in and 3in line think both are worth collecting especially the 6in line. I love the random choice of figures for the line and for some people they can pick and choose the ones you want, same goes for the 3in line as well. So far I'm trying to keep up and have the whole of both lines. There are some pros and cons with some figures but they are easy over looked casue the figures are great. THe best thing to do is to pick up one you like and check it out for yourself.
Old 05-01-2007, 04:12 PM   #15
BadJeff
Bite my shiny metal ass!

I'm actually a pretty big fan of the Titanium line. Great for displaying, crappy for handling. Megatron with the f'd up legs/hip makes me mental though. He jumped off one of my top shelves in the middle of the night and took out 10 others with him on the way down, shooting rockets and missles off in all directions, still haven't found a few. Fallen in bot mode is probably my favorite, the flames do it for me for some reason.
BadJeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 04:19 PM   #16
kidkid

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadJeff View Post
I'm actually a pretty big fan of the Titanium line. Great for displaying, crappy for handling. Megatron with the f'd up legs/hip makes me mental though. He jumped off one of my top shelves in the middle of the night and took out 10 others with him on the way down, shooting rockets and missles off in all directions, still haven't found a few.
LOL
kidkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 04:34 PM   #17
Aernaroth
Metroplex

I find it kind of ironic. People complain about how they want die cast figures for all this time, and when they get them, they aren't happy. Its not easy to make a die cast figure, there's a lot of additional production issues that don't come up with plastic, and I'm of the mind Hasbro's been doing what they can. I think the line has been ok, some toys a lot better than others, but all in all, a decent line.
Aernaroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 01:44 AM   #18
RedOktobre
Alternator

Aemaroth, good point.
I guess all of us collectors are picking and critical people who can't be satisfied! However, I won't be surprised if Hasbro likes our criticism. Afterall, I suspect that their people probably regular "monitor" TF website like these in order to gather "marketing" or "research" information.

kidkid,
please tell me more. You're so funny! Why didn't Megatron jump? Who did Megatron take with him? Did any TFs lose any limbs? Which "Fallen" are you referring to?

Yes, the 3" have less action, but they're great to place on your monitor at work!

Primeconvoy,
I'm impressed and you have my admiration. I thought that I was the only person collecting 3" Titaniums. I don't have much trouble getting them. I just can't afford to buy them all!

Nerroth,
I absolutely agree with you about the "hit & miss". I like the 3" figures, but have only purchased one 6" figure, Rodimus Prime. Many of the 6 inchers don't seem to "turn me on". And, yes, I don't like Rodimus hunch back either!

Protoman, yes, cute & fun!

RedOktobre
RedOktobre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 09:38 AM   #19
Super_Megatron
Instagram: colin_tfcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedOktobre View Post
Afterall, I suspect that their people probably regular "monitor" TF website like these in order to gather "marketing" or "research" information.
They definately do.
Old 05-04-2007, 02:43 PM   #20
Vangelus
Beast Machine

I <3 Titaniums for being quirky and rickety fanwanks made by the Micro Machines people.

Totally understand why one would avoid them, but they've got a place on my shelf.
Vangelus is offline   Reply With Quote