Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 06-30-2007, 09:48 PM   #11
Paradigm-Shift Prime
Unit Warrior
Re: Best place to pre-order the Encore reissues?

Quote:
Originally Posted by agesthreeandup View Post
Sorry, ours was down for a few days. I will have that fixed up in a day or so.

I did some math on your previous request to me and I think I came up with about a $5 difference on the set between us and TFsource.

Spencer.
The math I had done was that they were selling the 4 together as one order/set for $174.99, where buying all 4 individually from them would cost $187. A3U's, I only saw for sale individually and not as a discounted 4 pack, where all 4 came to $195 or $200 I think. I didn't see all 4 available together at a discounted price at A3U.

So it was that discounted 4 pack that was appealing to me, buying 2 of those and saving $40 there vs. paying more for shipping was my debate with myself.

Thanks for the info Spencer, you've very good for communicating with even just potential customers. Do you get my math on how I figured it as more than a couple of bucks cheaper (not counting shipping) or did I do something wrong?

Can you post in this thread when they are back up on A3U? I'll wait until then, and if my 2 of soundwave, ss, and 3 of prime and megatron is within a fairly close price range I'll just make my order with A3U I think.
Paradigm-Shift Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 10:39 PM   #12
agesthreeandup
Energon Supplier

The way I worked out the total was including the shipping costs. TFsource is $20 for shipping into Canada and that does go up if you order more, that is for one set. That is a total of $195 and then possible GST, PST charges (you are in Ont so they charge you both right?) if you get dinged at customs for them. Mine including the shipping would be $202. If you are looking at the taxes involved as well, you could be dinged by Canada Post. Taxes from me would be $14 for sure, only GST as I am in BC and you are not. So the differences I got was $7 for the costs between the two stores.

Of course all that does change when you add more items to your order. You can add as much as you want and still just pay the $6.99 for the shipping. If you get multiple sets, then the savings will change as you get more. I did not enquire with TFsource what the difference would be for them to ship more than one set, you would have to check with them for that information.

If I made an error there or if there was something I missed then please let me know.

Spencer - I will post here when they are back up again.
www.agesthreeandup.ca
agesthreeandup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 11:42 PM   #13
Paradigm-Shift Prime
Unit Warrior

Yeah counting shipping I understand your account here. TFsource sends as value under $30, etc so as to avoid cdn tax/handling/duty charges, but price for shipping still goes up with the more you add.

Anyways, you've helped me decide, I'll be placing my order with you once I see your message that they're back up. Thanks Spencer.

Quote:
The way I worked out the total was including the shipping costs. TFsource is $20 for shipping into Canada and that does go up if you order more, that is for one set. That is a total of $195 and then possible GST, PST charges (you are in Ont so they charge you both right?) if you get dinged at customs for them. Mine including the shipping would be $202. If you are looking at the taxes involved as well, you could be dinged by Canada Post. Taxes from me would be $14 for sure, only GST as I am in BC and you are not. So the differences I got was $7 for the costs between the two stores.

Of course all that does change when you add more items to your order. You can add as much as you want and still just pay the $6.99 for the shipping. If you get multiple sets, then the savings will change as you get more. I did not enquire with TFsource what the difference would be for them to ship more than one set, you would have to check with them for that information.

If I made an error there or if there was something I missed then please let me know.

Spencer - I will post here when they are back up again.
Old 07-04-2007, 01:23 PM   #14
agesthreeandup
Energon Supplier

I believe Andrew has re-added these to the site. You can check them out under the preorder section.
www.agesthreeandup.ca
agesthreeandup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 06:06 PM   #15
Synch
Beasty

anyone know how much these will cost in stores in japan?.. I have a friend in hk who can pick them up for me when they hit...
Synch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 11:31 PM   #16
Paradigm-Shift Prime
Unit Warrior

Quote:
I believe Andrew has re-added these to the site. You can check them out under the preorder section.
Thanks, just made an order. So I am hoping to have paid now so as to get the reduced price, is that the default when I used credit card? Thanks again.
Old 07-05-2007, 02:44 AM   #17
nuropa
Robot in Disguise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synch View Post
anyone know how much these will cost in stores in japan?.. I have a friend in hk who can pick them up for me when they hit...
hlj.com pricing is the retail price in Japan I think. HK & China might be a bit cheaper.
nuropa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 12:53 PM   #18
Synch
Beasty

Hm I would have thought that HLJ would mark there stuff up since they are more like a online comic shop than a retail store
Synch is offline   Reply With Quote