Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 07-03-2007, 09:12 AM   #1
genozaur
Generation 1
fanfic the heart of a hero

does anybody remember that picture of optimus prime holding alita's lifeless body in his arms? well since dreamwave never used this picture as cover art when they went bankrupt i felt it would be a real waste of art to just let it dissapear. i figured there could be a unique story behind that picture with a bit of thought put into it. one that would explore a side of optimus the show has rarely touched on over the years.

What is it that a man should be measured by? His beliefs, his physical strength?, or perhaps his strong belief in honor. I would say a man should be measured and judged by his overall moral character. His beliefs and what it is that drives him to live by those beliefs in life. Not his ancestry, skin color or nationality nor his disposition towards others but by his desire to be their in life for his friends and family. On that last part bad blood or otherwise you stick by your family no matter what. To defend and protect them from any who would want to unjustly harm them, to shelter them from the violence that exists in our world.

In the case of Optimus Prime i would say his greatest strength would be his compassion, his genuine concern for the personel health and well being of his friends and comrades. That was his greatest strength in life, but it was his beloved Alita that was an even greater strength to him during the darkest of times during the great war on Cybertron. It was she who gave him the strength to continue to fight for his beliefs while it was he who would put on a brave front to give his comrades hope and the strength to carry on even as he would be plagued by self doubts of thier surviving the war as a group much less defeating the enemy. In a way she would also be his greatest weakness in the end

I'm sure we have all seen prime at his greatest over the years. most of the time he would be calm collected and rational going into a fight with megatron, now from time to time they've shown him upset and on the rarer occasion angry like you would not believe.
theres what? a 19 year time differance between the end to the second season of generation 1 and the time of the movie.

something went down man something seriouse and whatever it was prime was unwillingly at the center of it.

let's review the facts shall we? these are the facts as i have gathered them when it comes to it being a list of each and every loose plot element that has to this current day been left unresolved due to dreamwave having gone bakrupt at the time. since dreamwaves amalgaverse was in some part a intelligent rewrite of the 80's animaeted series from the second season and since they were beginning to explore the series of events that lead from the end of season 2 to the time the animated movie was set in i figured at the very least i could create a more or less rough storyline using the unresolved plot elements as a way to explain what all happened in the time leading up to the movie.

in generation 1 issue 10 megatron had a plan for regaining cybertron by using our world as a bargaining chip.

he disapeared from cybertron with optimus during the war within age of wrath and returned to cyberton with a million member strong seeker clone army which he reffered to as his aerial extermination squadrons.

most likley after the fall out from that storyline had it finished and the next stryline after that megatron had some 2 to 3,000 of them left which would be stored away in cold storage for a later time.

megatron has the titan like might of predaking, menasor and presumably soon after his return to earth devastator and bruticus as well.

shockwave created the energon transfer unit during the war and peace storyline.

now they had plans to bring alita and her team into the storyline with g1 issue 11. with her making the ultimate sacrifice in the end with issue 12 in which her character would have been killed by that time.

now they never explained what happend to alita and her team after season 2 to the 80's cartoon in the time leading up to the movie and since she never made any further appearances afterwards 1 could safely assume she died taking te war to shockwave at some point in time leading up to the movie quite possibly possibly with megatron having a hand in her death in a rather indirect manner .

i believe that one could easily figure out what happened leading up to the 80's movie by adding these facts up.

heres my take on it.

megatron had bruticus repaired and then used the combaticons and the predacons to break the constructicons out of their area 51 prison and having them and menasor improved on from what he learned merging the predacons into predaking. he used the 4 combiners to hold Canada, America, South america and Great Britain hostage

with prime reeling from the death of his beloved alita and so many countless lives hanging in the balance. he would have no choice whatsoever but to give in to megatron's demands for a full cease fire and withdrawel of all autobot forces from cybertron.

they would make a final stand at iacon and it would be a slaughter. one so horrific in bloodshed and carnage even magnus and the wreckers would be hard pressed to hold their own.

between shockwave's legions, megatrons decepticons, and his AE squadrons all kept at a perpetual prime fighting strength due to shockwaves energon transfer units. the odds were stacked impossibly against the bots and with prime left a broken man. they did not have a snowballs chance in heck of winning that fight

one could look at her death and see it as being the tragic event that caused prime to change from the honor bound humbled near pacifist palladin warrior that he was portayed to be in the 80's cartoon to being the tragic avenging hero he would be by the time of the 80's movie.

her death triggered a series of events in part which led to prime and the bots losing their homeworld of cybertron to the enemy.

megatron brought about her death and used primes beliefs against him with all the finesse and skill of a fine artist.

how ironic that his great compassion should prove his greatest weakness in the end

i am working on a version of the movie as a 3 book novel. one that will take optimus down the path from honor bound warrior to tragic avenging hero in the end. He would lose everything he held dear in life for his beliefs. His friends, His comrades and His homeworld, and worst of all His beloved. He would lose the one person He loved more then life itself and when that happens it can pretty much tear your heart out.

He would lose everything in the end. his honor, his life, his nobil beliefs as well as his purity of heart

it will also explain the origins of hot rod and his link to prime. it willl also explore the link shared between optimus prime alpha trion and megatron.
why do you think those 2 have always been the 2 greatest autobot/decepticon warriors that have ever lived. it's because they share the same creator

this story is meant to serve in some part as a prequal to the 80's animated movie and in some part it also serves as a character driven subplot.

Each hero has a defining moment of tragedy in their life. A moment that would turn them into the person they would be in life and in the end.

At times when the tragedy becomes a burden to great to bear it can change them for the worst.

This is a story that takes place ten years before the movie. I call it

THE HEART OF A HERO

The event was Operation Deadbolt, a massive Autobot attack on a secret munitions plant. Nine strike teams were involved, all coordinated by Elita-1 and her squad back at the command center. But the Decepticons struck first with a decapitating blow -- a missile barrage leveled the base as the mission started, and those within were presumed dead. Prime did not learn otherwise until five million years later. In reality, the females were saved by Alpha Trion, the enigmatic Autobot inventor. He rebuilt them, trained them, and equipped them with new powers. Then, using their abilities and the inherent agility of their female forms, they became an elite commando team, a secret kept from enemies and allies, fighting the Decepticons from the shadows. Elita and Optimus were finally reunited a few years ago, when a crisis forced Alpha Trion to reveal his gambit to the Autobots. elita and her team , in a desperate attempt to replenish their dangerously low energon supply had attacked shockwave's command citadel, shockwave had allowed them to escape in order to track them to their hidden base, he then used reinforcements from earth and captured alita one. megatron playing true to form used her as a bargaining chip to force prime into surrenderring. prime called his bluff and megatron was only too pleased to show him the truth. prime did a double take as his facial features went from shock to relief at seeing her alive to out right horror at seeing his beloved held prisoner by shockwave. in a fit of rage prime went on a solo mission to save her but was captured himself by shockwave. To save her lover from death alita one had used her special power to freeze time temporarily but doing so had put her in death's doorway in prime's place. To save her life prime searched for alpha trion as he was the only one who could possibly save her now. But their reunion was far too brief. And afterwards, Alpha Trion, for his own reasons, continued to keep the females isolated from the Autobots. Unable to reach her, Prime had bided his time, patiently waiting for a better moment to rebuild their former relationship. This realization burned him with a flood of questions.

Why had I decided to wait? Why did I let the females remain hidden? Why didn't I question or challenge Alpha Trion's actions? Why did I so easily accept the status quo? Why, with the resources and authority at my command, didn't I do more? Perhaps, Prime considered ruefully, I was too used to believing she was dead. He had grieved for Elita in the wake of Operation Deadbolt, and for a long time, was not certain if he would ever accept her death nor did he know if he could truly go on without her in life. she had been his stregth in life,his reason for being and existing. she had given him the strength to go on fighting for his beliefs when the war would rage at its darkest and bloodiest of times. But the burdens of war refused to relent, and they had finally forced him to lay her memories to rest. He realized then that she must have had a similar experience. In ironic parallel, the crash of the Ark and the disappearance of its crew must have convinced Elita-1 that Prime was dead. And her response must have mirrored his own: driven by duty, she would have had to accept his death and continued with her own life. Thus their mutual silence. After an absence of four million years, neither one was truly ready for the other. Instead, they both decided to wait -- for a better time, a quieter time -- before trying to find each other again. But that day would never be a reality. Roughly ten years ago something happened to Optimus that hit him so hard in such a way that he would never be able to forget this event which would be burned into his mind, into his very soul forever. this was something that would change him over the years Optimus Prime, the leader of the Autobots, was alone in his private quarters, receiving a personal transmission from Cybertron. The message was delivered without any preamble. "Elita-1 is dead."

Prime gaped. Hesitantly, he echoed, "...dead?" there was barely any breath for him to form the words. It was as if someone had just took a full swing of the baseball bat and swung it right into his gut. The image on the display, a frail-looking robot in red and violet, soberly nodded. "But ... how?" Alpha Trion glanced away before answering. "She was leading a team on a mission to raid the Decepticon citadel in Effore. The Decepticons there have invented a new magnetic plasma cannon, and we needed the plans, both to discover its weaknesses and to build our own. "They were spotted on the way out. Elita ordered the others to escape while she stayed to distract the Decepticons. But Megatron had greater numbers, and they finally had her injured and cornered. Rather than risk being captured and ... 'interrogated,' she threw herself into a smelting pool." Prime's optics widened. "A smel-- ...so there's ... there is no body?" "No. We learned all of this by intercepting Megatron's final report. I see no reason not to believe it." A stifling silence filled the room. Eventually, in a husky whisper, Prime said, "Thank you." "There's one more thing," Alpha Trion quickly added. "We found a sealed box among Elita's personal possessions. It had a note attached to it, instructing us to deliver it to you upon her death." Prime hissed softly. "I see." A pause. "I shall send someone to retrieve it." "Good. Tell your courier to go to the ruins of my first shop. I'll meet him there." With a nod, Prime said again, "Thank you." Alpha Trion hesitated then, as if searching for more to say. But he did not find it, and an instant later, the screen blinked to black.Prime slumped into his chair, unable and unwilling to do anything but absorb the news. He remained still for several minutes, making neither sound nor movement, a hauntingly immobile golem of red and blue then for the first time in 4 million years optimus grieved for the death of his beloved , the tears came and he could do nothing but cover his face and cry, though the fluid his optics secreted existed primarily for cleansing purposes it made his emotions no less real. he cried till he could grieve no more. and then he rose to his feet, clenched his fists, spread his muscular arms, raised his anguished face to the ceiling and screamed a deafening soul shattering scream that came from the very grief ridden depths of his spark. he screamed, he kept on and he couldn't stop as his scream became a shreik and then it continued to become louder courser and deeper still as it became a ferociouse greif ridden howl of dispair as it became even more feral in its existance his vocorder straining, the thick armored plates arond his neck bulging and warping like knotted leather.

his entire body froze up on him in midscream as every muscle cable throughout his entire body suddenly convulsed and spasmed as his muscles locked up on him making his arms, legs and back grow taught , he arched his back outward his hands clawed and raked the air as he pulled his arms in towards his chest as though he were trying to pull the very heavens themself down to him through sheer force of will as his scream shook the very room itself to its foundations. this time their was no way for him to come to terms with her death. prime gave in to his anger at himself for failing to protect her, at megatron for being so underhanded and low and at him self again for believing that megatron could have ever had any sense of honor in life after all they hade been through over the years working together time and again when circumstances made it neccesary for them to work as a team to preserve their mutual coexistence in life. they had learned to trust each other's actions. they had trusted each other with their very lives even. for megatron to have gone that low right now. he might as well have cut prime off at the knees and ripped out his spark while doing so. prime wanted nothing more then to end his own life with a well placed laser blast to his very spark. he kneeled on the floor as he reached for his rifle with his left hand. then he moved his right hand as he brought it up to touch his forehead then down touching his chest,then to the left and right shoulder as he made the sighn of the cross. he willed his chest cavity open. his armored chest assembly split cleanly down the middle folding out to the sides exposing the matrix annex that covered his lasercore. he willed that to fold out as well. then steadying his hands he aimed his rifle at his spark his hands tensed around the trigger trembling as he attempted to kill himself , and he could not. his honor and his beliefs would not allow such a thing. he had saw himself as a gaurdian in life. a peacekeeper, a man who would give his life for his friends and family in a heart beat without a second thought if need be. an autobot at heart in the truest sense of the word. as such it was his sworn duty in life to defend the beliefs of honor, life and freedom . over time on earth he had come to see that as being all to similer to the honor bound knight of old. to die by ones own hand would be a damning act indeed by his or the nights code of honor. one great enough to damn him to an eternity in the inferno. it would end his suffering in life but it would not reunite him with his beloved though. he forced his chest to close up seamlessly. he swung it at the computer banks, the darad the radio, all the other consoles, he pulled the trigger , shuddered from the recoil, and blew it all to pieces consoles exploded, computers disintigrated, radar screens erupted. in rage he threw his weapon to the ground with such force the casing cracked in 2. instead he took out his anger on the walls. he started pounding them relentlessly with his fists. as he poured out his rage, his hate, his anger into pummeling the walls until they bled energon through the variouse wounds prime had inflicted on himself. then feeling all numb inside he fell to his knees as he placed his hands flat against the wall to support his upper body while his body attempted to initiate repairs and heal itself of the self inflicted wounds.

prime in his grieving did not notice as the door to his chamber chimed open. "optimus." said ironhide "i've completed my rounds of the base sir" spoke primes right hand man as he walked in to report to his leader. "were secure so far as the base and outlying defense perimeter are- prime what happened? asked the large grey and red transformer as he ran over to his commander placeing his right hand on primes shoulder, " optimus talk to me" said ironhide as he took in the cracks and holes and dents in the walls. "how bad is it? a look of dread on his face said it all. "she's..... gone ironhide" prime chocked out as the tears and the shakes began all over for him. "she's gone, and there was nothing i could do to save her. i.."i should have been there to protect her, to keep her safe i should have taken her and her team back to earth where they would have had a better chance in this war. "oh primus" said iron hide realising that his friend had tried to replace his emotional pain with physical pain instead.He already knew what happened last time this had come to pass. when he had lost Alita to death that first time he simply was not able to come to terms with her death. late one night in a moment of severe depression and desperation he had reflexively severed the main arterieal veins in each of his wrists that trailed through his arms into his chest and to his energon pump. if it had not been for ironhide making his rounds at the time and his calling rachet every name in the book as he screamed for the medic to get his skidplate over to the main command chamber prime would have been a goner for sure "prime are you going to be okay?, should i call in rachet and first aid? "no my friend this pain goes far deeper then anything physically possible, this terible pain is in my spark as well as my mind and body. "please ironhide just... give me some time alone. send cosmos to cybertron. alpah trion has a package from her, have him deliver it to me my friend. ironhide looked into his friends soft blue fluid stained optics scared of what he might do to himself. i cant talk him out of it theres just no way i could thought ironhide to himself but with teletran 1 monitoring him he should be safe for the time being."All right prime i'll leave you be for now but im taking your laser cannon with me just in case" said ironhide as he picked up primes weapon and walked out throught the door way. "Primus help us all if he cant shake this man" thought ironhide to himself.

In a way megatron had won, the death of Alita 1 would do the one thing to pime he never could do to him. it destroyed him as a man. only time would tell if prime would ever recover from this incident. life went on as usual in the base. wheeljack making the new discovery in his lab, the lambo twins taking verbal potshots at eachother and rachet checking over his comrades for repairs through out the day. time passed and surprisingly there was no news of a decepticon attack at all perhaps it was coincidense or perhaps the decepticon commander had a heart in a way who's to say? evening came and with it the coming night as wellCosmos had returned from Cybertron just fifteen minutes ago. He had not asked any embarrassing questions about the package or its contents, for which Prime was grateful. Leadership left almost no room for privacy, and he had learned to cherish what little he had. He had made sure he would not be disturbed tonight. Metal fingers ran slowly over the box, delicately tracing the edges of the caldonite seal, still intact. The half moon gave a ruddy amber glow to the woods, which seemed appropriate somehow. Prime studied the box with a false indifference, examining it haphazardly as he memorized every detail. There was little to note -- aside from a coat of red paint, the box was featureless -- but he took his time. Finally, he stopped. Prime pressed his thumb firmly on the seal. It dissolved almost immediately, leaving only a thin crust around the border to indicate where it had been. The lid popped with an almost-inaudible click.With a steadiness that surprised himself, Prime opened the box and gingerly reached inside. The tiara glittered innocently in the darkness. Small and unassertive, its beauty came not from overloaded gaudiness, but from the subtle whispering of its arrangement, a confident ordering of crystals and diamonds. It drew the dull moonlight into its multifaceted beauty, then released it in a purifying glimmer. Prime recognized it immediately. It was his first gift to Elita, her favorite piece of jewelry, from a time now long gone. Reluctantly, he placed it on the ground, then looked inside the box again. A small, dull sheet of foil was all that remained. He took it gently, surprised when it proved stronger than it looked. On it was a message: Optimus, If you're reading this, I must be gone. I cannot describe how much I missed you, but I had wanted so much for a chance to try. Even so, I believe that you already know how I feel, and I will take that joy with me to whatever lies beyond. Remember me, Elita The note and the tiara were tenderly returned to the box. Holding it in one hand, Optimus Prime, warrior and veteran, protector and sage, Leader of the Autobots, turned his gaze to the stars above... ...and remembered.

a knights prayer

Blade with whom i have lived.

Blade with whom i know die

serve RIGHT and JUSTICE one last time

Seek one last heart of evil

steal one last life of pain

cut well old friend and then

farewell

my idea of primes prayer for mercy

as for describing prime in human terms i always saw him as being the most human of all the autobots when i was a kid.

the song for this scene

total surrender of the heart

do you remember when we were young, our life together had just begun.
he came and set our world on fire, he wanted nothing but greed and power

i saw our world burning in his eyes, my holding back was compromised.
when he killed you it broke my heart, i lostcontrol and i went to far

what i wouldn't give just to hold you in my arms agian
now i can only imagine our own world that could have been.

its the total surrender of my heart, and theres no holding back right now. total surrender to the dark, no turning back right now.

total surrender

i haven't looked back since that night, his war has taken so many lives
i gathers my courage to battle on , the wars at its darkest before the dawn

i struggle with darkness throughout my life, trying to find strength in the light
without you here though i can't go on, i know i will die when the war is won

you were the most importent person in my life right then. you were also my lover and my very bestest friend.

it's the total surrender of my heart. and theres no holding back right now total surrender from the start, no turning back right now.

total surrender.

i give my life now in the end, to avenge the death of my friends.
with his death now the war is won, my strenngth is gone and my time is done.

i have found my true peace at last, by defending the beliefs of my past.
i know my beliefs that they will live on in the hearts of generations to come.

so now ive come back to hold you in my arms again. we're together forever now in our own world that could have been.

its the total surrender of my heart, and theres no turning back right now.
total surrender from the start. no holding back right now.
the total surrender of my heart and theres no turning back right now.
total surrender from the start. no holding back right now

total surrender
total surrender.

they are an alternate set of lyrics to the song total surrender by stan bush.
this version of the song would go with that tragedy scene i put together.
in a way the song forshadows a part of primes life yet to come

Last edited by genozaur; 07-03-2007 at 09:29 AM.
genozaur is offline   Reply With Quote