Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 07-28-2015, 08:01 PM   #141
UnicornIRL
Generation 1
Re: Combiner Wars Devastator Costco news

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citoria View Post
Hmm...wait 3 months and save $40...

So I save approx. $0.45 with every day I wait....

Tough call.
Haha, I didn't even think of the daily breakdown like that. I just bought a near complete Combiner Wars line so I'm kinda sorta maybe somewhat on the fence about dropping another 3 bills on two Devys (because why not buy two?).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Einstein
I was only giving my best estimate on the date, I can guarantee that Costco will have this before October, whoever was told that it simply isn't true. Those warehouses already have him on Order. That generally means product will be in the depot within a week or two and in warehouse shortly after.

Mark my words, he'll be in stores before the end of August for sure.
Thanks again for the inside info; August, October, it's all good. The South location is on my way home from work and I'd rather know that it is there and go in and grab it, than have to pop in every day like some kind of obsessed manchild.
UnicornIRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 08:18 PM   #142
Einstein
Banned
Einstein's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnicornIRL View Post
Thanks again for the inside info; August, October, it's all good. The South location is on my way home from work and I'd rather know that it is there and go in and grab it, than have to pop in every day like some kind of obsessed manchild.
I will let you guys know as soon as I see the computer say the warehouses have them.
Einstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 10:16 PM   #143
chaingunsofdoom
Wrecker

Thanks for all the info.

You guys with your Metroplex deals from last year and I never saw one out in the wild or even at a TRU here. LOL
chaingunsofdoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 11:58 AM   #144
miyinan
Generation 2
miyinan's Ebay Auctions

This is very helpful! Thanks for the info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Einstein View Post
Costco's Mark up is between 8 and 14%, on items like this it's closer to 8%.

I was only giving my best estimate on the date, I can guarantee that Costco will have this before October, whoever was told that it simply isn't true. Those warehouses already have him on Order. That generally means product will be in the depot within a week or two and in warehouse shortly after.

Let me elaborate a bit more on pricing. For those of you who have memberships, you know Metroplex was cleared out at a much lower price than he started at. When items are marked down like that it is because the company who makes it (in this case Hasbro) has agreed to give Costco a rebate on the item so we can sell it out instead of return it for a refund. Our mark up doesn't change from how I understand it. So with Devastator being 139.99 our mark up is between 10 and 20 dollars give or take. If it gets marked down to say 69.97 then our margin is only say 5-9 dollars, give or take. Does that help?
miyinan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 06:00 PM   #145
CAF
Banned

I have never seen anything like this where I am, but I do have a Costco card. Does anyone know if these will be available online? I just looked on their website and couldn't find it.
CAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 07:16 PM   #146
ccsquinty
Generation 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAF View Post
I have never seen anything like this where I am, but I do have a Costco card. Does anyone know if these will be available online? I just looked on their website and couldn't find it.
Won't be online.
ccsquinty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 07:20 PM   #147
CAF
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccsquinty View Post
Won't be online.
I'm assuming you work with Costco? Is there a way a guy can walk into a local Costco and get one through customer service?
Old 07-29-2015, 07:47 PM   #148
ironclaugh
Armada

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAF View Post
I'm assuming you work with Costco? Is there a way a guy can walk into a local Costco and get one through customer service?
You need a membership and you will have to hit the warehouse floor and get one. They don't really sell anything through Customer Service.
ironclaugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 08:11 PM   #149
CAF
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironclaugh View Post
You need a membership and you will have to hit the warehouse floor and get one. They don't really sell anything through Customer Service.
Life just isn't fair!
Old 07-29-2015, 08:29 PM   #150
Buhawi
Ang Alamat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Einstein View Post
Costco's Mark up is between 8 and 14%, on items like this it's closer to 8%.

Let me elaborate a bit more on pricing. For those of you who have memberships, you know Metroplex was cleared out at a much lower price than he started at. When items are marked down like that it is because the company who makes it (in this case Hasbro) has agreed to give Costco a rebate on the item so we can sell it out instead of return it for a refund. Our mark up doesn't change from how I understand it. So with Devastator being 139.99 our mark up is between 10 and 20 dollars give or take. If it gets marked down to say 69.97 then our margin is only say 5-9 dollars, give or take. Does that help?
Helps a lot! Thanks!

That comment on the date was more like my disappointment on Bday Devi. Or in this case no Bday Devi...