Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 12-07-2012, 10:39 PM   #91
Bruticus82
Fortress Maximus
Re: Adult Lego Fans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shepp View Post
I still can't take that Ironman with the flip up visor seriously. He looks so much like a 7 year old in an Ironman costume walking on cans. Lego should just have opted for two heads to be swapped instead.

Anyways, I've tried Bricklink but I haven't found a way to match my complete list to stores. I can go the other way and match what individual stores are selling from my want list.

I just don't want to spend like $10 to $15 in shipping for like $5 in parts, only to have to spend another $10 to $15 in shipping for a couple more $0.70 parts after that.
Alright, I'm going to try walking you through this matching list thing.

So, I'm assuming you have a wanted list populated with parts already.

When you go to the "wanted" tab, you'll see sub-tabs with several options, add item, upload, part set (where you can add all the parts in a particular set to your want list), etc.

If you click on the one that says "by shop" it will show you, sorted from most to least, the shops that have the parts you need.

For example, I added set 6990 (it's one of the few I could think of off the top of my head), then headed over to the "by shop" option. I sorted by lots (unique) and the top Canadian shop has 127 of the unique parts (i.e. if you need 4 1x1 black plates, that counts as 1 unique part) that are needed. If you click the store name, it even displays all the parts on your wanted list that they have, and how many you need, how many they have, and you can even "auto fill min" which auto-fills the number you're looking for into the boxes so you can "add to cart". Only caveat there is, if there are multiple entries in the store for the same part (some stores have done that, probably erroneously), the auto-fill will end up ordering more of the parts than you need.

In the main page listing shops, there's also a "lots (total)" sorting method (that's the default sort). I believe that displays the total number of parts in your wanted list that the store has (unique parts shown in brackets only). So in that sort the best Canadian shop has 221 bricks that are needed (out of the ~700 total) and 90 of those are "unique" bricks. But that store has that unfortunately multiple entries for one brick issue...which makes buying from them a bit more work.

After you've bought those parts, and knocked them off your want list (probably an automated way to do that too) you can repeat and see what the second-highest store has in terms of number of unique parts, and take it from there.

1. Combiner Wars Devastator
2. 25th Anniversary Unicron (MISB)
3. DOTM Takara Vortex (MOSC)
+ and more!

Looking to buy:
1. G1 Pretender Groundbreaker

My Feedback Thread

Avatar Image by the talented Ninjatron!

Last edited by Bruticus82; 12-07-2012 at 10:45 PM.
Bruticus82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 11:19 AM   #92
Fortressmaximus
Generation 1

I mostly collect the bionicles such as the originals
Old 12-14-2012, 01:49 AM   #93
racerguy76
Nexus Maximus

Yeah I stopped buying the bioncle after the first 3 sets of 6. They are pretty cool.

http://www.npr.org/blogs/money/2012/...and-so-popular

Good article.
Old 12-14-2012, 12:05 PM   #94
Shepp
Maverick Hunter
Shepp's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruticus82 View Post
Alright, I'm going to try walking you through this matching list thing.

So, I'm assuming you have a wanted list populated with parts already.

When you go to the "wanted" tab, you'll see sub-tabs with several options, add item, upload, part set (where you can add all the parts in a particular set to your want list), etc.

If you click on the one that says "by shop" it will show you, sorted from most to least, the shops that have the parts you need.

For example, I added set 6990 (it's one of the few I could think of off the top of my head), then headed over to the "by shop" option. I sorted by lots (unique) and the top Canadian shop has 127 of the unique parts (i.e. if you need 4 1x1 black plates, that counts as 1 unique part) that are needed. If you click the store name, it even displays all the parts on your wanted list that they have, and how many you need, how many they have, and you can even "auto fill min" which auto-fills the number you're looking for into the boxes so you can "add to cart". Only caveat there is, if there are multiple entries in the store for the same part (some stores have done that, probably erroneously), the auto-fill will end up ordering more of the parts than you need.

In the main page listing shops, there's also a "lots (total)" sorting method (that's the default sort). I believe that displays the total number of parts in your wanted list that the store has (unique parts shown in brackets only). So in that sort the best Canadian shop has 221 bricks that are needed (out of the ~700 total) and 90 of those are "unique" bricks. But that store has that unfortunately multiple entries for one brick issue...which makes buying from them a bit more work.

After you've bought those parts, and knocked them off your want list (probably an automated way to do that too) you can repeat and see what the second-highest store has in terms of number of unique parts, and take it from there.

Ah, I didn't realize those unique parts were matching to my specific list. Since the numbers were (in the thousands) above the unique parts in my want list I just assumed they were the total unique parts those shops had.

Looks like I could match really well if I wanted to pay steep shipping from overseas.

Thanks for clearing that up.
Shepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 12:17 PM   #95
Commandoclone87
Seeker

Just ordered a bunch of replacement parts from their support page (older Technic parts are really fragile, especially ones that go over cross-axels and Battle Droid arms are just plain flimsy.)

Does anyone know what they charge for shipping and handling or how long it usually takes?
Commandoclone87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 03:08 PM   #96
CobraCommander
ありがとう任天堂 ಠ_ಠ

If you still have a local Zellers (not in liquidation) you may want to check out the LEGO section ...all LEGO is 40% this week. I picked up a few newer SW and Avengers sets.
G.I.Joe Figures - Hisstank

Feedback Threads:
Cybertron.ca
CobraCommander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 04:41 PM   #97
Commandoclone87
Seeker

Wanted pick up some cheap Lego at Zellers.

Got there to find the Lego/Megabloks aisle a nearly barren wasteland.
Commandoclone87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 05:13 PM   #98
racerguy76
Nexus Maximus

Yeah, those 40% off lego sales moves that plastic crack fast.
Old 12-16-2012, 10:59 PM   #99
Bruticus82
Fortress Maximus

Anyone seen those new "space" theme legos? Galaxy quest or something like that?

They're the first decent space themed legos I've seen in a while, I'm really liking the look. I'll have to pick a set up on sale.

1. Combiner Wars Devastator
2. 25th Anniversary Unicron (MISB)
3. DOTM Takara Vortex (MOSC)
+ and more!

Looking to buy:
1. G1 Pretender Groundbreaker

My Feedback Thread

Avatar Image by the talented Ninjatron!
Bruticus82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 12:13 PM   #100
Scrapper6
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by racerguy76 View Post
Yeah, those 40% off lego sales moves that plastic crack fast.
UGH, just my luck the only Zellers not liquidating at the moment are probably cleared out. CURSE YOU LEGO AT ZELLERS! I want some awesome sets, and they probably aren't there.