Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 01-27-2017, 01:03 AM   #1
Ironwave
Seek and Destroy
Leading bidder on eBay

I was looking around eBay for ToyWorld Hegemon, many times my counter offer was refused, I got over bid where I refused to pay more than what I bid (110$) since shipping was around 18$. So last Sunday, I found ToyWorld Hegemon, bid starting at 90$. 5 days later and I am the leading bidder for Hegemon. Two more days, til the bidding ends and I submit my payment. Hopefully nobody will enter last minute with a higher bid. It's free shipping and it's in 25 minutes away from my house.
Old 01-27-2017, 01:17 AM   #2
Sun Swipe Prime
Canadian Slag
Re: Leading bidder on eBay

Don't want to be a downer, but chances are at the last minute someone will try and snipe the auction. Use to happen to me all the time.

It's why I never bid until the day of. I set my limit and let the cards fall.

But good luck on the auction. I hope you win.
Old 01-27-2017, 01:19 AM   #3
Ironwave
Seek and Destroy

The items is brand new never opened
Old 01-27-2017, 01:19 AM   #4
WereDragon EX
Robot Master

Because of auction sniping, I tend to avoid auctions wherever possible and just use the Buy it Now feature if available. Maybe I wind up paying some extra, but at least I guarantee I get the item.
WereDragon EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2017, 01:25 AM   #5
Ironwave
Seek and Destroy

Quote:
Originally Posted by WereDragon EX View Post
Because of auction sniping, I tend to avoid auctions wherever possible and just use the Buy it Now feature if available. Maybe I wind up paying some extra, but at least I guarantee I get the item.
There wasn't a "Buy Now" feature, otherwise I would just buy it. I hate bidding, but it was the only one they had that was in Canada that was what I was looking for. There was another one in Ontario (If I am not mistaken), 140$ for Hegemon and the FairFire kit. I wasn't intersted in the kit.
Old 01-27-2017, 01:27 AM   #6
WereDragon EX
Robot Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironwave View Post
There wasn't a "Buy Now" feature, otherwise I would just buy it. I hate bidding, but it was the only one they had that was in Canada that was what I was looking for. There was another one in Ontario (If I am not mistaken), 140$ for Hegemon and the FairFire kit. I wasn't intersted in the kit.
Yeah, that sucks if you get outbid, but it's pretty hard to beat auction snipers, since some of them use bots. If you are lucky and score the item, then great. Otherwise, just sit back and I'm sure another lisitng will come along in time.
Old 01-27-2017, 01:31 AM   #7
Ironwave
Seek and Destroy

Quote:
Originally Posted by WereDragon EX View Post
Yeah, that sucks if you get outbid, but it's pretty hard to beat auction snipers, since some of them use bots. If you are lucky and score the item, then great. Otherwise, just sit back and I'm sure another lisitng will come along in time.
What do you mean using "bots"?. I am waited and still waiting for KBB MP10V to arrive, so patience is my virtue. But like all things in life, it has it's limits lol
Old 01-27-2017, 01:33 AM   #8
WereDragon EX
Robot Master

Quote:
What do you mean using "bots"?. I am waited and still waiting for KBB MP10V to arrive, so patience is my virtue. But like all things in life, it has it's limits lol
Bots as in automated computer programs that perform simple functions for humans. You can program a bot to say, make a bit on your behalf at the very last millisecond of the auction for instance, faster than any human can react, and therefore winning you the item. It sucks, but that's the environment you contend with in online bidding, that's why I go for Buy it Now whenever possible.
Old 01-27-2017, 01:34 AM   #9
Ironwave
Seek and Destroy

where do I enable that functiuon?
Old 01-27-2017, 01:39 AM   #10
WereDragon EX
Robot Master

Quote:
where do I enable that functiuon?
It's not a function on eBay or any online marketplace, you have to posses advanced skill in computing and programming to make a bot and get it to perform its prescribed function (in this case, bidding on an item for you). Besides, the usage of bots is banned on several online marketplaces because it makes things unfair for normal human bidders (not that it stops anyone). I'm just using bots as an example of how people can auction snipe in such a manner that prevents you from winning the item.