Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 09-16-2013, 12:16 AM   #11
chovner
Titanium
chovner's Ebay Auctions
Re: Et Tu Manager?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMfan View Post
Don't get me wrong. They're good suggestions....but the reality is it won't change a thing because little to no one will listen. Especially those with a boarderline addiction disorder.
You're such a positive person lol
chovner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 12:25 AM   #12
GMfan
Robot in Disguise

Quote:
Originally Posted by chovner View Post
You're such a positive person lol
I'm a realistic person

Canadian Slag ...it's a podcast. About robits. Listen to it...cuz you can't watch it.
GMfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 12:47 AM   #13
Tech Spec
Canadian Slag

The manager at the TRU Bowmac location here in Vancouver ordered 70 that came in on Friday b/c she wanted the phone calls and constant inquiries to stop lol

Some of us thought the manager could possibly be joking, guess not.
Tech Spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 02:40 AM   #14
brr-icy
G1 Collector
Send a message via MSN to brr-icy

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMfan View Post
Don't get me wrong. They're good suggestions....but the reality is it won't change a thing because little to no one will listen. Especially those with a boarderline addiction disorder.
who you callin borderline?

my collection ^ Brr-icy Photgraphy on Facebook
Mostly G1 Japan Want list My Blog
my feedback:
Cybertron.ca
TFW
brr-icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 04:51 AM   #15
bubbacon
Generation Everything

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socko76 View Post
Just an FYI: Im not being paranoid, just relaying something I saw and sharing my thoughts.

I know people scalp just like I know people cut in line, cut off people on the highway, and steal parking spots. None of these things hurt anyone, they are just selfish things people do that annoy others.

This wasn't paranoia, it was more a case of being let down. Like being cut off by a person with a religious bumper sticker or seeing a mother berate a cashier as their child looks on. It sucks because I expected more.

That all being said, my reason for the post was to relay my experience and to give a suggestion to the community. I was not saying all employees are scalpers (that would be paranoia), I'm just giving a best practice suggestion to minimize scalper opportunity. My bad.
No need to apologize, most of us enjoy reading about your experience.You're story was fact-based, not paranoia-based.
Old 09-16-2013, 05:43 PM   #16
Robimus
Iacon North Scout

If it were me I'd be most upset about him making a little snide comment about how your going to resell the figure. That seems fairly unprofessional to me.

Visit the official TFcon Toronto website for all the details!
Robimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 06:04 PM   #17
mr_lude2000
Generation 1

the manager could have meant it in a different way...like "hey mrs.john...dont think of it as mr.john wasting money. in a few years he's going to make a nice profit from it".

if any manager wanted it for him/herself, that soundwave wouldnt be on the shelf. plus think about it...a manager has specific goals and sales targets to reach. do you think hes worried about scalping toys or reaching his goal to get that fat bonus at the end of the year?

my experience with tru managers and employees have been decent to excellent. it is partly how you want to perceive things.
take for example my recent purchase of metroplex. i told manager that sears was selling for less. he comes back and says he cannot verify that (because it is coupon driven discount). we chat a bit longer. then i say i'll still take it, and that i hope its on sale here again (referenced the 25% off sale they had two wks ago). he goes to his computer and checks. I knew what he was doing so i tell cashier to ring me up 2 metroplexes instead of the one in my cart. then i race to grab another 'plex. then hes like "i'm going to give you a discount but ONLY for a qty of 1". i was like lol'ing. "oh ok...sweet. sure. i'll take any discount you want to give me". i ended up getting 2, one at retail, the other 25% off.

so again...there are good people out there too! you just got to relax and not take things too serious or in a negative manner (not saying that you or any one is doing that; but there are some that are just negative all the time).

just my two cents...sorry if the post is too long
mr_lude2000 is offline   Reply With Quote