Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 01-09-2015, 04:13 PM   #7671
victory_saber
Robot in Disguise
Re: BC Community Thread For Non-Sightings Chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trans4mers View Post
I'm still in debates if I am going to get into the hasbro combiners still just because the 3P stuff looks better IMO but of course cost more.
I'm in the same boat, I'll probably get Combiner War Superion but skip on Menasor since I have the FP set. My wallet can't buy like it's 2002 =p
victory_saber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 04:14 PM   #7672
Rodimus Prime1
Ride in Style

Quote:

I'm still in debates if I am going to get into the hasbro combiners still just because the 3P stuff looks better IMO but of course cost more.

Don't get tempted by the dark side( 3P) once you start down that path, hard it is to leave

And again with the no will power stuff.

hasbro's new superion looks quite good !! now that they are using voyager base and deluxes too

Wants: >

Feedback

Collection
Rodimus Prime1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 04:17 PM   #7673
kirbenvost
Fortress Maximus

Honestly they should have just released the MP-11 mold in the first place. But I guess they weren't quite certain what direction they were going with the line when MP-03 came out.

Quote:
I think I'm skipping on the RID 2015 stuff as well. Just not feeling the look of the toys. It started since the last movie where they not only simplified the transformations which I think is great they made the toys look so plain compared to older designed tfs. Helps me save money I suppose but that money is going towards more expensive stuff.

I'm so in for Combiner Wars because it's the natural continuation of the Generations line for me. I'm mostly out of the 3rd Party game because of costs. I think Superion looks fantastic for a Hasbro release and I'm really excited for most of them. Only skipping the Stunticons because I never really cared about them. Funny because I like race cars but I guess the combined mode doesn't really do it for me.

RID 2015, yeah...just too simplistic. I do like the character designs, especially those creative Decepticons, and the cartoon looks like it could be really fun. But the toys are just not for me so far. If they do a TFP First Edition-style line I might be in, but that's it. I haven't even seen an OP toy that I want and I told myself even if I skipped lines I'd still get the Primes as long as they're cool. But...nope, not cool.
Old 01-09-2015, 04:54 PM   #7674
carissa
Energon

I just want to have a darned Seeker mold!! Other than the Prime FE Starscream and my custom repaints!

In my MP line, my only Cons are Soundwave, Laserbeak, red "Rumble", and Ravage.
carissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 05:05 PM   #7675
thebobkat
Canadian Slag

...and to add fuel to the fire on the Combiner Wars topic - there's some debate over whether TakaraTomy's version of CW Superion actually has Slingshot rather than Alpha Bravo, based on the teaser silouhette:

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-...e-2015-181822/

Buy/Sell/Trade Thread Updated DEC 28 2023
thebobkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 05:08 PM   #7676
kirbenvost
Fortress Maximus

That could complicate things... but all things considered, I'd rather have unique molds than more repaints.
Old 01-09-2015, 05:22 PM   #7677
thebobkat
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirbenvost View Post
That could complicate things... but all things considered, I'd rather have unique molds than more repaints.
I don't mind the Alpha Bravo myself, but it'll be interesting to see if Takara does go for an actual jet Slingshot (repaint or otherwise). That being said, the Alpha Bravo thing on the Hasbro side is a tad lazy in that it's likely the mold will get used on 3 of the gestalts (Superion, and if they do Bruticus and Defensor - which seems very possible based on Alpha Bravo's head mold).

Buy/Sell/Trade Thread Updated DEC 28 2023
thebobkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 05:30 PM   #7678
kirbenvost
Fortress Maximus

Yeah, that's a tough choice, if they do Bruticus and use the Alpha Bravo mold for Vortex. Of course I'd rather have that and Slingshot because it's more G1-accurate but there's know way of knowing what Hasbro has planned yet.
Old 01-09-2015, 05:35 PM   #7679
Trans4mers
Energon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodimus Prime1 View Post
Don't get tempted by the dark side( 3P) once you start down that path, hard it is to leave

And again with the no will power stuff.

hasbro's new superion looks quite good !! now that they are using voyager base and deluxes too
Too far into the 3P to backout. Superion does look alright but if a good 3P does a Superion and (yes I am taking a jab at the TFC Superion) It will blow the Hasbro Superion out of the water.

argh.. maybe I should just quit collecting and sell everything to save myself this headache!
Trans4mers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 06:07 PM   #7680
Blitzwing
Armada

Does anyone know what kind of shipping costs Automaton Toys usually go by. I was thinking about getting Brainstorm from them, but it won't let me see the shipping costs until I insert my information, and I don't want to do that until I price it out with other places.