Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers Feedback and Reviews

Old 11-20-2012, 12:55 PM   #1
FEZaid
Arabian Knight
Your thoughts on Transformers Prime season 2

Hi all,

it’s been around awhile now since the last episode (Darkest Hour) of Transformers Prime season 2 aired: November 2nd, 2012 (So far not on Teletoon just yet).

What are your thoughts?

My opinion is: If you are familiar with anime, there are some shows that have no real goals in the story, so the viewers are a 'big brother', just stalking the character(s) on what they are up to. The character(s) might be invested into something that eventually gets accomplished or fixed but doesn't do anything to the stories progression, later ending on a happy note (This is an anime genre called ‘Slice of Life’). That’s how I felt about Season 2.

Not to say the season was a total waste, it definitely had potential that just didn’t get exposed. I had fun watching it: animation is great, love the art style, choreography of the fights are amazing. The first season made it to be taking itself seriously and was going on the right path, it seemed like the writers lost their motivation and just did their best to wrap up the season. We have to remember that this is a show targeting children, my brother sure loved it and watched some episodes multiple times (So do I).

This is like Animated: the first season was ok, second season just didn't really do much, lets hope Prime Season 3 will be like Animated's.

Exited for Beast Hunters!!!! Estimated release is Spring 2013, since during that time they will release the figures.

Last edited by FEZaid; 11-20-2012 at 01:26 PM.
FEZaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 01:36 PM   #2
Bountyan
Cybertron
Re: Your thoughts on Transformers Prime season 2

It was disappointing. So much wasted potential.

Unicron? Never mentioned again. Lame.
Orion Pax? Resolved too quickly + had no effect on Optimus' character. Only led to more boring relic hunts. Lame.
Insecticons? Reduced to more cannon fodder. Lame.
MECH? Killed off in one episode after tons of build up. Double lame because it also wasted Breakdown's death.
The Nemesis comes to life? Barely explained and resolved within the same episode. Lame.
Bulkhead is injured and may never be the same again? OH LOOK, he's perfectly back to normal within 3 episodes! Lame.
Dreadwing's character? He barely did shit for the entire season and he got killed off too quickly. Lame.

Plus throw in the two clip shows, and most of the Autobots being as exciting as a sack of potatoes, the relics they wasted the season retrieving getting lost/destroyed, and you've got yourself a pretty bad season.

Last edited by Bountyan; 11-20-2012 at 02:02 PM.
Bountyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 01:41 PM   #3
brr-icy
G1 Collector
Send a message via MSN to brr-icy

Wasted potential. And rather dull

my collection ^ Brr-icy Photgraphy on Facebook
Mostly G1 Japan Want list My Blog
my feedback:
Cybertron.ca
TFW
brr-icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 02:09 PM   #4
Matrix_Holder
The chosen one

^ Totally this. 'nuff said.
Matrix_Holder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 02:38 PM   #5
GMfan
Robot in Disguise

It's the same as season one. Over the top action and beautiful CG masking poor storylines, characterization, and dialogue. Not to mention the overall unoriginal nature of the show just rehashing everything from previous series in one difficult to comprehend amalgam universe.

I'm glad there are people who enjoy the show though, only means the brand is still captivating someone somewhere, but for me compared to all the other fiction I've seen in the franchise, this one has done nothing new to entice me or really anything incredibly interesting and makes me excited for each new episode.

Don't get me wrong, I like the designs and the figures that accompany the show, hence why I collect them, but the show itself is just a colossal mess across the board.

Canadian Slag ...it's a podcast. About robits. Listen to it...cuz you can't watch it.
GMfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 03:16 PM   #6
Hellboy
Alternator

I feel like TF Prime has the same flaws as Beast Wars did... characters were there but not a lot of good story telling. For me Beasties brought that story arch to life in a way that TF Prime needs to find. Unfortunately I have little interest in the direction Season 3 is supposed to be heading... I don't want to go back to the beast machines.
Old 11-20-2012, 03:20 PM   #7
Tonestar
Star Seeker

Does anyone know if Season 2 has hit Canadian retail yet ? I know on Amazon.ca/com it is available but I haven't seen it anywhere here in stores and the Canadian websites have no list of it yet either. Perhaps they're waiting for Teletoon to finish airing all the episodes ???? It is all so weird.
Old 11-21-2012, 11:22 AM   #8
Pascal
Banned

I preferred the dramatic transforming and combining sequences of Energon.

Last edited by Pascal; 11-21-2012 at 11:45 AM.
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 11:37 AM   #9
Mumps
Canadian Slag

I enjoyed it. The story was extremely flawed and that was a disappointment. However, what I did enjoy was the visuals, the fight scenes, and the voice acting (Knockout and Ratchet mostly).

So, it was disappointing, but I still had fun.
Mumps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 12:30 PM   #10
ThePendulum
Generation 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMfan View Post
Don't get me wrong, I like the designs and the figures that accompany the show, hence why I collect them, but the show itself is just a colossal mess across the board.
Ditto that good sir.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bountyan View Post
It was disappointing. So much wasted potential.

Unicron? Never mentioned again. Lame.
Orion Pax? Resolved too quickly + had no effect on Optimus' character. Only led to more boring relic hunts. Lame.
Insecticons? Reduced to more cannon fodder. Lame.
MECH? Killed off in one episode after tons of build up. Double lame because it also wasted Breakdown's death.
The Nemesis comes to life? Barely explained and resolved within the same episode. Lame.
Bulkhead is injured and may never be the same again? OH LOOK, he's perfectly back to normal within 3 episodes! Lame.
Dreadwing's character? He barely did shit for the entire season and he got killed off too quickly. Lame.

Plus throw in the two clip shows, and most of the Autobots being as exciting as a sack of potatoes, the relics they wasted the season retrieving getting lost/destroyed, and you've got yourself a pretty bad season.
Yes ! Exactly what I was thinking. Too many speedy resolutions in Season Two ! WTH ?!

Remember how they said that Miko was to become a darker, more mature character ? That didn't even happen !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
I preferred the dramatic transforming and combining sequences of Energon.
......................sir please. Just no.

For my own input, I think Season One was an ok beginning, until we hit Unicron. Then everything went downhill, while television sci-fi antics went up.

There are barely any consequences worth noting for the Autobots, see Bulkhead and Tox-En, Optimus regains his memory after three immediate episodes, Arachnid's defeat doesn't prove too much of a problem since Arcee essentially gave Megatron a huge boost in soldiers, Miko doesn't get targeted for killing Hardshell and Raf got moved by Fowler (inconsistencies), etc.

The dialogue is ok, but really can be much better. Everyone most of the time sound like the cast from Star Wars the prequel trilogy. Everyone's pretty dull in character.

Heck, I ended up liking Adventure Time over this !

so yea, I agree that TF Prime is pretty much wasted potential. Sincerely hope they improve in Season Three
ThePendulum is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
opinion, season 2, transformers prime