Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 03-08-2014, 03:33 PM   #5661
RocketGTR
Animated
Re: BC Community Thread For Non-Sightings Chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by carissa View Post
Edit: No Horse Primes in stock not expecting any in store for a bit. Lady at customer service asked me if I though the ultimate predaking would be a hot item, told her I really doubt it.
I hope that's when you told her to order as many Masterpiece TF's as they could get their hands on
Old 03-09-2014, 04:07 PM   #5662
venksta
Render Project Creations

Has anyone seen either the MMPR Legacy Gold Morpher or Dragon Dagger this weekend at any TRU?
Old 03-09-2014, 06:35 PM   #5663
carissa
Energon

Sorry I didn't look as MMPR isn't my thing.
carissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 10:27 PM   #5664
g loonie
Generation 2

Hey guys, unfortunately it looks like i'll be moving out of the province at the end of the month. my wife and I decided to move back to Ontario to be closer to family while we raise our new baby.

This means I'm selling off some furniture that we won't bring back with us (sorry, tf's are coming with me), if any of you are in need of the following please pm me and I can send photos and other info your way.

Billy book case
pull out sofa and arm chair set
TV stand
moveable kitchen island
men's road bike
office chair
vanity
g loonie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 12:51 PM   #5665
jjwankenobi
Midichlorian Count Zero

Quote:
Honestly, what you really rather have in this day and age? A mother who is fit and lean and eveything, but doesn't care about her family. (I am not saying Alba does or does not.)

Or would you rather have a mother who is slightly out of shape and takes very good care of her children and family?

Honestly, did you (in general, not pointing fingers) marry your significant other only for their beauty? Beauty fades with time or you end up with Lady Cassandra ("Moisture me!")

Do you look as good as you did when you married your significant other? Or has time, work, marriage, and children changed your looks as well?

I think expecting a woman to look unrealistically beautiful a la Hollywood standards is quite unfair in today's world.
11 years, 3 children, ~20+ pounds (me, not her) and 4+ inches added to the waist (again, me not her) later I think the answer is obvious. I choose my wife, the most beautiful woman I know, inside and out. She who willfully gave up her career in voice over and stage acting to raise 3 of the most significant indicators that we love each other. She who developed diabetes as our monster of a first born giantly gestated in her womb. She whose legs and feet got so swollen she could no longer walk comfortably as our second child (a girl this time) kicked away at her bladder making her double over. And she who endured 13 hours of labour in vain as we watched our third child's heart rate fall dangerously low before they wheeled her into a operating room, strapped her down like Christ on the cross, then performed an emergency c-sections as she shivered uncontrollably from the rapidly deployed anesthetic.

You see my dear carissa...my Jessica Alba comment was the equivalent of me pressing my nose up against the window of a Ferrari dealership, coveting something I can't have and don't really want. Now you may say I've objectified Ms. Alba and I agree with you. But having worked in that industry (and being married to an actor) I can honestly say that most people at that level of show business rely being objectified for success. Men and women-alike. We place them on pedestals and they make millions off us. It may not be right, but that's the entertainment business.

So apologies if I offended you, girlfriend . If it gets too sausage party-ish in here we know we can depend on you to inject some estrogen-skewed reason into the matter.

Last edited by jjwankenobi; 03-10-2014 at 02:22 PM.
jjwankenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 01:38 PM   #5666
Darth Cylon
addicted to mecha

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjwankenobi View Post
11 years, 3 children, ~20+ pounds (me, not her) and 4+ inches added to the waist (again, me not her) later I think the answer is obvious. I choose my wife, the most beautiful woman I know, inside and out. She who willfully gave up her career in voice over and stage acting to raise 3 of the most significant indicators that we love each other. She who developed diabetes as our monster of a first born giantly gestated in her womb. She whose legs and feet got so swollen she could no longer walk comfortably as our second child (a girl this time) kicked away at her bladder making her double over. And she who endured 13 hours of labour in vain as we watched our third child's heart rate fall dangerously low before they wheeled her into a operating room, strapped her down like Christ on the cross, then performed an emergency c-sections as she shivered uncontrollably from the rapidly deployed anesthetic.

You see my dear carissa...my Jessica Alba comment was the equivalent of me pressing my nose up against the window of a Ferrari dealership, coveting something I can't have and don't really want. Now you may say I've objectified Ms. Alba and I agree with you. But having worked in that industry (and being married to an actor) I can honestly say that most people at that level of show business rely on objectifaction for success. Men and women-alike. We place them on pedestals and they make millions off us. It may not be right, but that's the entertainment business.

So apologies if I offended you, girlfriend . If it gets too sausage party-ish in here we know we can depend on you to inject some estrogen-skewed reason into the matter.
Old 03-10-2014, 02:00 PM   #5667
carissa
Energon

Just placing an image of reality against the other side of the Ferrari car window you were peering into JJ. From what I learned from meeting you and chatting with you via text messages you seem a decent guy and great father.

Although does this mean I get to post images of topless male celebrities in here?
Old 03-10-2014, 02:10 PM   #5668
jjwankenobi
Midichlorian Count Zero

Quote:
Just placing an image of reality against the other side of the Ferrari car window you were peering into JJ. From what I learned from meeting you and chatting with you via text messages you seem a decent guy and great father.

Although does this mean I get to post images of topless female celebrities in here?
Cool...we're cool. And yes you can post, though I did correct your spelling mistake.

jjwankenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 02:17 PM   #5669
Darth Cylon
addicted to mecha

Quote:

Although does this mean I get to post images of topless male celebrities in here?
No topless Bieber please!!

No topless Miley Cyrus too!!!
Old 03-10-2014, 02:23 PM   #5670
carissa
Energon

Oh gods no.....