Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers Feedback and Reviews

Old 03-14-2009, 12:34 AM   #41
Lysist
Alternator
Re: What the heck is this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robimus View Post
Who's this Mosquito guy? All the markings I can find on him are LN? KO maybe?

Being that the mosquito is the official bird of Manitoba this guy has a warm place in my heart

Attachment 2143

Attachment 2144
Judging by the, hmmm cough, chest I would have to say it is a Mosquito Women.

Lysist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 12:38 AM   #42
alternatorfan
g1 baby

should have had markings that said hasbro takara on him that would of given some hint of transformers related products
alternatorfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 12:42 AM   #43
Robimus
Iacon North Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by alternatorfan View Post
should have had markings that said hasbro takara on him that would of given some hint of transformers related products
His/Her robot head doesn't seem that Hasbro-ish.

Visit the official TFcon Toronto website for all the details!
Robimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 12:48 AM   #44
alternatorfan
g1 baby
how long you have been a transformers collector even with the different colored scheme this is a repaint of a jet thats in beast wars beast machines and rid.

maybe not beasr wars but case in point

and certainly not a girl

Last edited by GMfan; 03-14-2009 at 06:30 AM.
Old 03-14-2009, 12:55 AM   #45
chans formers
raff ow roud

the mosquito bot in question is actually a knock off that comes in a four pack set called "insectobot".there used to be a small gold oval sticker that says "made in china".this is the set of them(minus a few limbs,etc)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1 136.jpg
Views:	458
Size:	62.6 KB
ID:	2145   Click image for larger version

Name:	1 137.jpg
Views:	489
Size:	75.6 KB
ID:	2146  
Old 03-14-2009, 01:53 AM   #46
Robimus
Iacon North Scout

Thanks Chansformers, that what I was looking for.

Quote:
how long you have been a transformers collector even with the different colored scheme this is a repaint of a jet thats in beast wars beast machines and rid.
Quote:
maybe not beasr wars but case in point
Quote:
and certainly not a girl

I don't know, thus I ask. And how do you know the character is not a girl if you don't know what it is?

I've been a Transformers fan since the 80's but only got back into collecting them maybe three years ago now. The Classics line peeked my interest. Then I realized what I was missing and corrected that error.

Old 03-14-2009, 02:00 AM   #47
alternatorfan
g1 baby

Quote:
Thanks Chansformers, that what I was looking for.

I don't know, thus I ask. And how do you know the character is not a girl if you don't know what it is?

I've been a Transformers fan since the 80's but only got back into collecting them maybe three years ago now. The Classics line peeked my interest. Then I realized what I was missing and corrected that error.
the 80:s I dont think so anyways that is jetstorm form either line it doesnt matter if its from one line to another you know exactly who he is because he s been reproduceed so many times beast machines era you would know that if you kept up with every series !
Old 03-14-2009, 02:28 AM   #48
Robimus
Iacon North Scout

I'm not really sure where your going with this Alt Fan but I'll humor you none the less.

Since the 80's is very accurate. I watched all the G1 Cartoons back in the day and owned a good swat of the G1 toys as a kid. Watched Transformers the Movie 1986 in the theater.

Also had all the Marvel comics as well. Loved how Blaster was the Prime to be in those days and how Grimlock eventually ended up commanding the Autobots. Circuit Breaker did piss me off to no end though. And don't even ask about the Scraplets and the The Mechanic

Shockwave on the cover of Issue # 5 " The Transoformers: Are all Dead issue" is my favorite comic cover ever.

As an adult I ceased collecting Transformers toys but I still watched Beasties when it came out, though I did miss parts of that series. I think that was the mid 90's, though my memory is hazy.

I've collected Star Wars very seriously since 1995 and always had an interest in getting back into Transformers. I was looking for updated G1 stuff and the Classics line was it. Love that line. Just got Hound Last Weekend and Cyclonus today, both kick much ass.

I'm admittedly have not been a hardcore Transformers fan for every cartoon and toyline thats come along, nor have I ever claimed to be. But I do think I qualify as a fan. I'm not on the level of say a Pascal or Protoman, don't pretend to be either.

I'm in this hobby for what I enjoy about it, thats G1 and its updates, though I have since revisted Beatsies and think its an excellent show from start to finish. Even what I've seen of Beast Machines is very good. I can't wait to get that whole series one day.

I've even been watching the Japanese Headmasters series of late, but am only up to Ep: 15 or so. It's cool too.

I've been a dealer at the local toy shows for the past 13 years or so, and have always loved checking out the new Transformers stuff at the shows and in the stores even if I wasn't collecting for a long while.

Almost got the G1 Re-issues from Toys"R"Us a few years before I started collecting, because they invoked so many fond memories.

In fact I'd love to see you at those Toy Shows, I always interested in meeting local Cybertron.ca'ers I got to interview Starscream's voice last Comic Con, double coolness when I found out that he was also the voice of G1 Silverbolt back in the day.

In short I'm a fan and have been for a long time, even if I doesn't meet your criteria of what a "fan" is.

Till all are one, Alt Fan Till all are one.

Old 03-14-2009, 04:50 AM   #49
onecoin
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lysist View Post
Judging by the, hmmm cough, chest I would have to say it is a Mosquito Women.
Typical West Coast. Looking at a robot's chest instead of talk to her face. Despicable. Those could easliy be something else. Like a special ype of chest armor? Or maybe a designated storage place, meant to protect things like Melons? or Owls? or Jugs of Milk? Get your head out of the gutter man!

Quote:
Who's this Mosquito guy? All the markings I can find on him are LN? KO maybe?

Being that the mosquito is the official bird of Manitoba this guy has a warm place in my heart
Seriously guys. I don't know what's wrong with you guys. Aren't you guys hardcore enough to tell who this is? It is so clearly some repaint of ROTF Soundwave. Where do you get mosquito from? Is it the mosquito shaped wings? the six legs? the long blood sucking proboscis? All I see is Cybertronian Communication Satellite.

Last edited by onecoin; 03-14-2009 at 04:53 AM.
onecoin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 09:07 AM   #50
Bruticus82
Fortress Maximus

onecoin, you are almost certainly correct that bulge in the chest piece is an owl storage space. You can tell by the shape and size it's particularly well suited to "elf owls" which breed in the US southwest and Mexico.

LOL @ The mosquito being the official bird of Manitoba.

1. Combiner Wars Devastator
2. 25th Anniversary Unicron (MISB)
3. DOTM Takara Vortex (MOSC)
+ and more!

Looking to buy:
1. G1 Pretender Groundbreaker

My Feedback Thread

Avatar Image by the talented Ninjatron!
Bruticus82 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
generation 1, jazz, porche