Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 11-28-2017, 04:19 PM   #1
Brawn84
Machine War
Bullsfire Air Strike

Im thinking of getting Bullsfire Air Stike, aka not Swoop, to go with my MP Grimlock. Have a few questions for anyone who might have him.
Best price I've found is about $130 c$ shipped, is he worth it?
I know he's a few years old, how is he holding up now?
Are there other options at that scale that fit better with MP Grimlock, ie Gcreations, Gigapower?
Anyother thoughts on the figure would be appreciated!

Also does anyone have an Air Strike that they're looking to sell?
Thanks!
Brawn84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 05:26 PM   #2
Pascal
Banned
Re: Bullsfire Air Strike

Don't touch it. It's really just a MP Starscream retool and they've never done the other Dinobots to go with it. Get the Fanstoys version, or Gigapower, if it ever comes out.
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 06:22 PM   #3
PrimeCron
Metroplex
PrimeCron's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
Don't touch it. It's really just a MP Starscream retool and they've never done the other Dinobots to go with it. Get the Fanstoys version, or Gigapower, if it ever comes out.
Yep!! Whatever he said!! Don't bother!!

Feedback link...
http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=27458
PrimeCron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 08:30 PM   #4
Echotransformer
Loves all things G1-ish..

I think the OP is hoping to get one to match the scale of MP Grimlock...in which case neither FT nor Giga will suffice (unless you use those silly lifts from FT)

Have you watched any reviews, Brawn84? Might give you an idea of what to look out for. Unfortunately I don't own one, and can't comment on how the joints/Chrome/paint holds up.

Another idea is contact one or two of the reviewers...maybe they kept theirs and have some thoughts on how he holds up.
Echotransformer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 10:03 PM   #5
Brawn84
Machine War

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echotransformer View Post
I think the OP is hoping to get one to match the scale of MP Grimlock...in which case neither FT nor Giga will suffice (unless you use those silly lifts from FT)

Have you watched any reviews, Brawn84? Might give you an idea of what to look out for. Unfortunately I don't own one, and can't comment on how the joints/Chrome/paint holds up.

Another idea is contact one or two of the reviewers...maybe they kept theirs and have some thoughts on how he holds up.
Ive watch a ton of reviews of Air Strike and numerous other Dinobots to try to figureout which ones work best together and for my collection.
Most reviews of Air Strike were positive at the time but they were done 2 or 3 years . I'm kinda looking for real world idea of how hes holding up now.

It's kinda funny how all the 3rd party companies either made their Dinobots way bigger or way smaller than MP Grimlock. He fits perfectly with my larger Chug collection so didn't really want to get rid of him. Also I have no problem mixing and from different companies to get a team that looks good together.

I was hoping that Hasbro and Takara would either finish their MP Dinobots or come out with some Leader class ones. But now that they've brought out the POTP Dinos that's probably not gonna happen for awhile.
Brawn84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 09:29 AM   #6
xueyue2
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brawn84 View Post
Ive watch a ton of reviews of Air Strike and numerous other Dinobots to try to figureout which ones work best together and for my collection.
Most reviews of Air Strike were positive at the time but they were done 2 or 3 years . I'm kinda looking for real world idea of how hes holding up now.

It's kinda funny how all the 3rd party companies either made their Dinobots way bigger or way smaller than MP Grimlock. He fits perfectly with my larger Chug collection so didn't really want to get rid of him. Also I have no problem mixing and from different companies to get a team that looks good together.

I was hoping that Hasbro and Takara would either finish their MP Dinobots or come out with some Leader class ones. But now that they've brought out the POTP Dinos that's probably not gonna happen for awhile.
Maybe try the FPJ swoop? I have FT dinos, they are my MP lines. So I used MP08 Grimlock in my CHUG lines, mixed with the rest of FPJ dinos. (I didn't buy FPJ Grimlock since I don't like the design, MP08 will do).

sell/trade/wanted thread
feedback

xueyue2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 03:55 PM   #7
optimusb39
Animated

Im using a combination. Reximus prime oversized grimlock. Gigapower for snarl slag and sludge and fp soar for swoop for my mp lineup
optimusb39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 11:48 PM   #8
Nostalgic
Banned

How does your FP Swoop look with the rest of your Dinobots? I already thought Soar was small for the FT Dinos. You have the larger Giga Dinos with the smallest Swoop. It must be awesome to not care about scale
Nostalgic is offline   Reply With Quote