Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 09-21-2016, 08:41 PM   #1
Brawn84
Machine War
How Do They Scale?

Im not sure if there has been a thread on how certain Transformers scale with one another. I know some people don't worry about scale, while for others it's pretty important when they're standing next to one another on a shelf. For some it's how they scaled on the show, or against G1 toys.
Some (like myself) pick one or two figures and try to find other figures that scale best with them. For me it's Classics Voyager Prime and Megatron.
Sometimes it's hard to find images or reviews that show the scale between certain bots. I figured that if there wasn't one already, I would start a thread where we could ask each other's experience with how one figure scales with another. I know what looks good and works for one might not work for another person, but I figured it might help knewbs who are just starting collections!

I've been trying to find a good Ultra Magnus to scale with TR Galvatron. I love CW Magnus but he seems a little big. Would Classics Magnus look good with Galvatron or would he need the City Commander set to make him fit better? Galvatron scales pretty good with Prime and Megs so Magnus seems to be my dilemma lol.
Advice?
PS -This thread isn't just Magnus and Galvatron. It could be Dinobots vs Devastator or Bumblebee vs Soundwave!

PPS I hope I'm not opening a big can of worms with this thread lol!
Brawn84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 08:46 PM   #2
xueyue2
Canadian Slag
Re: How Do They Scale?

I think CW Magnus looks good with Galvatron, City Command is too small.

sell/trade/wanted thread
feedback

xueyue2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 09:02 PM   #3
TRUCKvsGUN

I think its important to state whether you're talking about scale in bot-mode or alt-mode. Some figs will scale with each other in one and not the other.

Personally, I don't really mind scale in bot-mode so much. Some are just bigger than others. *shrug*. Unlike most collectors, though, I display most of mine in alt-mode (I like alt modes on the shelf in front of bot-modes, that way I can fit more and see both rows well), so scale in alt-mode is key for me. Seeing a small car next to a large truck the same size as it puts me off.

Having said all that, Galvatron isn't an actual vehicle and is the leader of the decepticons, so having him scale too large in either mode should be fine. I'd go with the City Commander, even if he feels like he should be bigger than Galvatron, just because its the nicer-looking toy.

Contact me if you have for sale:
Transformers: The Ultimate Pop-Up Universe Book
Botcon 2006 Dawn of Futures Past Boxed Set
MP-01 Matrix
POTP Onyx Prime
TRUCKvsGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 09:06 PM   #4
elburrito
Animated

You might consider PRIME RID or Beast Hunters Magnus

Sale & Trade

elburrito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 09:24 PM   #5
Darth Cylon
addicted to mecha

If Ultra Magnus is bigger and taller than Prime and Prime is about the same size as Megatron/Galvatron, then CW Magnus is nicely scaled with TR Galvatron.

Unless...

Old 09-21-2016, 09:35 PM   #6
GotBot
Nexus Maximus

Everyone has different sensibilities. I actually did a vid about chug scale and diff size classes, which hopefully helps new collectors the most. Sometimes we just have to work as best as we can with the limits we get. The way I see it, we use certain benchmark characters. For me, I look to Skyfire, or Jetfire if you prefer. He is a leader clas, which makes sense - bigger than most bots but not as big as say a combiner. I accept Devy as larger because construction vehicles are. Warpath should be a minibot, but the deluxe really rocks and, after all, he is a tank,lol. So, to the point here, I with cw Magnus had been a voyager. Then he would be pretty scale perfect. But, often he is also depicted larger than many, so I can accept the leader. I have HEARD the city commander armor is chunky, clunky and loose...no idea first hand though. I also don't like my Magnys as a Prime clone. I think cw scales fine with tr Galvy. Outside that, I would go with the Prime voyager version as a second option. Nice thread. I hope this discussion helps people trying to figure the whole scale issue out.
GotBot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 10:27 PM   #7
alternatorfan
g1 baby

I think they all interact just fine
alternatorfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 02:26 PM   #8
Mikformer
Machine War

altmode 1/24 scale or 1/32 scale only for me! I keep mine in alt mode also. Also legends figure cars scale with the deluxe figure planes, or deluxe figure cars and leader figure planes.

so far only alternators, alternity, some masterpiece, and human alliance figs are cool.
Mikformer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 04:25 PM   #9
elburrito
Animated

for post MP09, the bot modes scale pretty well. In Alt. mode the MP seekers scale to the G1 deluxes. meanwhile the animated seekers scale well with the classics in bot mode, in alt mode classics match the MP seekers well. Some are hopeless though. Gen. Metroplex should be roughly the size of a 1 bedroom apartment when compared to WSTs. mixing and matching scale is actually pretty fun.

Sale & Trade

elburrito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 05:09 PM   #10
The 12th Prime
Lost count, long time ago
The 12th Prime's Ebay Auctions

Sometimes it's a lost cause, lol. I have ManiaKing for my Galvatron on my Classics shelf and CW Cyclonus pairs well with Galvy but poor Scourge and his Sweeps get the short end of the deal. I'd say of the TF lines that have come out over the years TF Prime was one of my favourites in terms of scale between Voyagers and Deluxes.
The 12th Prime is offline   Reply With Quote