Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Canadian Transformers News

Old 11-30-2011, 02:40 PM   #91
gagagalvatron
Half psychotic
Re: Transformers Prime First Edition Hitting Canadian Retail

Quote:
Originally Posted by bedtime View Post
the first edition molds for bumblebee and cliffjumper will be different than the "actual" release molds.
Are you sure you're not confusing that with the later subline? Cliffjumper has two molds -- the one that will be 1.5 in the First Edition and wide release, and the Robots in Disguise(? that the right title) subline later on. I got into a panic about Cliffy, but then I thought it was the case that both molds will be available in general release eventually.

Not sure about Bumblebee. And yeah -- you can add total confusion as to what's coming out where and when to the mix. Thanks Hasbro! When even your most informed customers don't know what's going on, that's pretty sad.

Yet still we buy.
gagagalvatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 02:57 PM   #92
Megatronimus
Beasty

Whats the point of a preview line when the first season of TFP has already ended? We should be well into a regular launch of wave 1 or 2. Especially with Xmas weeks away.
Megatronimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 03:00 PM   #93
brr-icy
G1 Collector
Send a message via MSN to brr-icy

Quote:
Originally Posted by gagagalvatron View Post
Are you sure you're not confusing that with the later subline? Cliffjumper has two molds -- the one that will be 1.5 in the First Edition and wide release, and the Robots in Disguise(? that the right title) subline later on. I got into a panic about Cliffy, but then I thought it was the case that both molds will be available in general release eventually.

Not sure about Bumblebee. And yeah -- you can add total confusion as to what's coming out where and when to the mix. Thanks Hasbro! When even your most informed customers don't know what's going on, that's pretty sad.

Yet still we buy.
The cliffjumper that's wide release is a new mold pretty sure the first mold will be used for his zombie redeco though

my collection ^ Brr-icy Photgraphy on Facebook
Mostly G1 Japan Want list My Blog
my feedback:
Cybertron.ca
TFW
brr-icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 10:36 PM   #94
Dark Rage
白人看不懂

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megatronimus View Post
(RANT)

Im so disappointed in Hasbro. How do you launch a new toy line with 3 deluxes and one box set in select retailers? How do you promote a new show which has just finished its first season. How do you foster and create interest in the show, when you dont have figures which are readily available and vice versa. How do you limit the quantities that are shipped out, and lock out a massive retailer like Walmart for example. I shouldn't have to rely on a website for "sightings" of the figures. I shouldn't have to trek across the downtown to blindly check out a far way TRU and come away disappointed. Im not paying inflated prices to scalpers for these figures. And now, Ive missed wave one, and wave two isnt until April 2012. *barf*
(END RANT)
Oh I think they've created lots of interest for the show already. You have people ranting over how they can't get the toys *ahem*

Being patient can't hurt either.

The Canada TF distribution is a snail's pace compared to the States, we're all used to getting things much later than the states from Hasbro. It also depends on how fast current TF stuff gets sold at retailers. And with the movie crap, it's going -extra- slow before any of the CHUG/non-movie TFs are sold here.
Dark Rage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 11:34 PM   #95
Cpl. Chrissandwich
Robot Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Rage View Post

The Canada TF distribution is a snail's pace compared to the States.
I dont know man. We do tend and have been getting some things before the states lately. The Prime stuff for example we had first for a few weeks.

And I think Unicron is a toyrus exclusive in canada only. Dont think it was release in retail for them.
Old 11-30-2011, 11:42 PM   #96
Dark Rage
白人看不懂

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpl. Chrissandwich View Post
I dont know man. We do tend and have been getting some things before the states lately. The Prime stuff for example we had first for a few weeks.

And I think Unicron is a toyrus exclusive in canada only. Dont think it was release in retail for them.
Unicron was an amazon.com exclusive in the States.

Sometimes we get things before the States, sometimes after. Sometimes we get an abundance of toys that the States gets little/none, and vice versa.
Dark Rage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 11:42 AM   #97
gagagalvatron
Half psychotic

Quote:
Originally Posted by brr-icy View Post
The cliffjumper that's wide release is a new mold pretty sure the first mold will be used for his zombie redeco though
Can you point to a source for this? I've been looking for confirmation one way or the other and I can't find it.
gagagalvatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 11:55 AM   #98
Cpl. Chrissandwich
Robot Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Rage View Post
Unicron was an amazon.com exclusive in the States.

Sometimes we get things before the States, sometimes after. Sometimes we get an abundance of toys that the States gets little/none, and vice versa.
I know unicron was a site exclusive for them it just wasnt retai walk-in store.
Old 12-05-2011, 02:42 PM   #99
piol
Mini-Con

I live in Kitchener and my kids want the transformers prime first edition toys where I can find it , I try Toysrus here there is nothing. Please help I need it for Chritsmas .
piol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 06:52 PM   #100
OptimusNIXX
Generation 2

Does anyone know when the First Edition TFP Optimus and Bulkhead V-Class coming out? If they would be actually available at the TRU before Christmas>
OptimusNIXX is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
transformers prime