Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Canadian Transformers News

Old 11-27-2009, 03:53 PM   #31
JLvatron
Chosen 1
Re: "Black Friday" Revenge of the Fallen Voyager Sale at Wal-mart

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMfan101 View Post
so take advantage of this special "Black Friday" sale, even though we don't have Black Friday in Canada nor does this sale take place on a Friday.
TeeHee-ous!!!

JLvatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 07:28 PM   #32
Protoman
The Legend

Time to get everything I am missing.
Follow Protoman on TWITTER - Protoman http://twitter.com/Protoman
Protoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 07:30 PM   #33
SimonMK
Armada

It sucks I already have all the ROTF voyagers I wanted...
SimonMK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 10:46 AM   #34
Mighty_Galvatron
Canadian Slag

I was at a W-M last night and they would not give me the price for today's sale...I had to come back today...or buy them and get the difference back today. On one hand that makes sense to me, but on the other hand I think its bad customer service. I was pretty mad when I left the store and I am certainly not going back for them today. If anyone wants a Skywarp or Ramjet, they had 3 of each at Wal-Mart in Milton. If I really wanted them, I would have bought them already.

I mean really, most other businesses would have been fine with letting me have the price. Because of this incident, I am seriously considering never entering a Wal-Mart for the rest of my life. I know this could prove difficult because they tend to get the new Transformers in first and they always have the lowest price...but still with a little patience I can just go to TRU for the same toys...even if I pay a few dollars more at least its going to TRU and not the cancer that is Wal-Mart. ...And if I have extraordinary patience I can wait for Zellers to get the new stock in lol.

The only problem then would be Wal-Mart exclusives. So, I may only enter a W-M for the sole purpose of buying an exclusive such as MP Skywarp.

Ah, this will be a difficult change for me, but last night at W-M was just the last straw for me and W-M - too many bad experiences at various locations.

Bah!
Mighty_Galvatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 01:46 PM   #35
OneShallFall
FoxtrotUnicornCharlieKilo

Thanks for the heads up. I am glad I waited to buy any voyagers.
Old 11-28-2009, 05:36 PM   #36
Sun Swipe Prime
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mighty Galvatron View Post
I was at a W-M last night and they would not give me the price for today's sale...I had to come back today...or buy them and get the difference back today. On one hand that makes sense to me, but on the other hand I think its bad customer service. I was pretty mad when I left the store and I am certainly not going back for them today. If anyone wants a Skywarp or Ramjet, they had 3 of each at Wal-Mart in Milton. If I really wanted them, I would have bought them already.

I mean really, most other businesses would have been fine with letting me have the price. Because of this incident, I am seriously considering never entering a Wal-Mart for the rest of my life. I know this could prove difficult because they tend to get the new Transformers in first and they always have the lowest price...but still with a little patience I can just go to TRU for the same toys...even if I pay a few dollars more at least its going to TRU and not the cancer that is Wal-Mart. ...And if I have extraordinary patience I can wait for Zellers to get the new stock in lol.

Bah!
I've had my share of bad experiences with wal-mart. I won't ever try to price match or price adjust with them again. If I see it somewhere else cheaper, I'll just do a straight return because it's not worth the hassel. But.... I'm going to have to agree with Wal-mart on this one. If they start giving out sale prices one day early, everyone will want them one day early, or two days early, or a week early... you get what I mean? How would you like to be the first one in on the day of the sale only to find out everything was sold out yesterday night? It's like asking for boxing day sale prices on christmas eve. Like you said patience.... sorry just trying to point out a different view of things.
Old 11-29-2009, 04:11 PM   #37
Mighty_Galvatron
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Swipe Prime View Post
I've had my share of bad experiences with wal-mart. I won't ever try to price match or price adjust with them again. If I see it somewhere else cheaper, I'll just do a straight return because it's not worth the hassel. But.... I'm going to have to agree with Wal-mart on this one. If they start giving out sale prices one day early, everyone will want them one day early, or two days early, or a week early... you get what I mean? How would you like to be the first one in on the day of the sale only to find out everything was sold out yesterday night? It's like asking for boxing day sale prices on christmas eve. Like you said patience.... sorry just trying to point out a different view of things.
I hear you on the early sale, totally.

BUT, I was there MINUTES to close - so coming back another day, you know, spending my weekend going to and from Wal-Mart was just not what I was about to do. It seemed pointless to me and since I used to work in retail for many years, I understand that it really would have been no big deal to give me the sale price. But, those W-M employees can be powerful in their little, meaningless worlds...

I have concluded that I will still go there for TF's only. And ONLY if I cannot get the toy in another store. Other than that, its a total boycott of that dinosaur-rectum-smelling-swine fest of a store.
Mighty_Galvatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 08:31 PM   #38
Goaliebot
All Makes and Models

My beef with Wally for this sale is that they didn't stock up for the sale like they usually do. This seems to have been a blow-out on regular stock levels. For example, there were other 2-day toys on sale and they had WALLS of those, but no such displays of ROTF Voyagers in the FOUR Wallys I went to today. All four were picked clean of what little they had in the usual stock.
Do you have Perfect Effect Powermaster Prime upgrades PC-15 (little Ginrai dude) and PC-16 (transforming Prime cab) - or Fans Hobby Powerbaser - and you want some hard-to-get MISB ER / TR figures (the 3 ER Coneheads, Runamok, TR Twin Twist & Top Spin)? PM me if you're interested in working out a trade!
Goaliebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 01:50 PM   #39
Matrix_Holder
The chosen one

The flyer read "transformers voyager class" not ROTF so I brought up animated voyager starscream. they refused the sale price and price integrity, i asked them to show me where it reads ROTF in the flyer and they couldnt. They said that the animated didnt match the pictured tf and it had to be the one in the picture. I asked them what was on sale, they didnt have the megatron but they scanned a scavanger I think, it came up 15...i said " thats not the one in the ad, the one in the ad is megatron and thats not megatron. I told them this is what they did last time they had voyagers on sale and that I'd contact their head office about this.

Last edited by Matrix_Holder; 11-30-2009 at 01:53 PM.
Matrix_Holder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 11:47 PM   #40
down_shift
Fortress Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrix_Holder View Post
The flyer read "transformers voyager class" not ROTF so I brought up animated voyager starscream. they refused the sale price and price integrity, i asked them to show me where it reads ROTF in the flyer and they couldnt. They said that the animated didnt match the pictured tf and it had to be the one in the picture. I asked them what was on sale, they didnt have the megatron but they scanned a scavanger I think, it came up 15...i said " thats not the one in the ad, the one in the ad is megatron and thats not megatron. I told them this is what they did last time they had voyagers on sale and that I'd contact their head office about this.
Good luck with that.
down_shift is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sale, wal mart