Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 03-18-2016, 12:33 AM   #31
CanBot
Cybertron
Re: Your collection goal

The gotta haves: all the Sunbow onscreen characters, movie and last few seasons after that, minus the non-talkers: the 'rainmakers', or whatever they go by (the neon seekers).

Once that's done, my MP collecting is finished.

Mainline, I won't get anything that I wasn't attached to when I was a kid. I've spent a fair amount of dumb money on inferior toys, though, this way...basically, I'll always look at G1 inspired versions of my faves: the Decepticon combiners, the Insecticons and seekers. Other than that, I'm pretty much MP.

CW helped me picked up a bunch of cool combiners, but if Hasbro decided to re-release, say, a more G1-esque version of Bruticus?...I'd bite. Heck, I'd almost consider buying a newer version of Devy (with a Mixmaster that looked more like the G1 toy) if they ever decided to do that.

But I'm hoping at some point in the distant future that the MP line will get their own combiners...perhaps not in scale, but at least to match the size of CW Devy.

I've got some seller regret, but it was for the right reasons. At some stage, space becomes an issue.
Old 03-18-2016, 12:54 AM   #32
Armagear
Scamper

Combiners from G1 and on and city bots. After Pandinus though, I may have to take a break till Christmas heh.

When in doubt, Kick It
Armagear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 06:24 PM   #33
Ironwave
Seek and Destroy

For all the CHUG collectors out there, is it attainable to have all Season 1, 2, 3, 4 Autobots and Decepticons? Excluding the Combiners, I wasn't really into the Combiners. So there Devastator, Bruticus, Menasor, Superion, Computron will be out of the picture.
Old 04-01-2016, 01:42 PM   #34
Blitzwing
Armada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironwave View Post
For all the CHUG collectors out there, is it attainable to have all Season 1, 2, 3, 4 Autobots and Decepticons? Excluding the Combiners, I wasn't really into the Combiners. So there Devastator, Bruticus, Menasor, Superion, Computron will be out of the picture.
I've bee collecting "CHUG" figures since 2007 and I pretty much have versions of all characters from Seasons 1-3. Season 4 still has a lot of holes, but they are slowly being filled by Titans Return.

It kind of depends on if you are willing to go into 3rd Party purchasing to fill in some gaps, and if you are willing to use toys that aren't considered "CHUG" by everyone, for example, I use FOC Kickback as a stand in until a Legends class version of him is eventually released.

Some Seasons 1-3 characters I don't have, but am hoping we'll see in the next few years are Omega Supreme, Broadside and Gnaw.
Old 04-02-2016, 03:18 AM   #35
CanBot
Cybertron

You know, I have the goals above, but to be honest I'd really be able to say I'm ok with what I have MP-wise as long as they release a new Megatron.

After Megs, the rest really is just gravy. So I am really hoping that we'll see that this year.
Old 04-02-2016, 07:11 AM   #36
GotBot
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
That is a packed question. I am a CHUG collector through and through. MP's are gorgeous with oft times amazing engineering. For me, the joy comes in getting the version of the toy I always wanted and thought we should have had as kids, like CW leader Magnus, for example. My goal, like many, is a complete G1cast, focused from on screen and North America. After that? Probably main Beast Wars cast of which I only have a few and Japanese G1.
More to your point, as someone else above mentioned, in order to do what you seek, you either need more patience for more future releases and have hopes the more obscure get released, like the throttlebots or crosshairs. And/make a few allowances, like third party. Personally I adore Mania King as Galvatron. The trick there, I think, with cost and such, is pickung the right ones befire buying, search things like scale, ya know? And, sometimes you gotta get creative. Like, planet x foc dinobots might suffice, or, as I did, joun foc Grimlock with theAoE dinobots. I custom painted that set to be G1 based and in display, they actually work pretty terrific.
GotBot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 11:52 PM   #37
Ironwave
Seek and Destroy

My new goal: CHUG (G1) Season 1,2,3,4 Autobots and Decepticons display collection, I know it's something that will take a few years to complete. I am going all Henkei, even for Titans Return (it would be Legends). And as for 3rd party filling the gaps goes, I am all for it especially the mini-vehicules like Bumblebee, Cliffjumper, Brawn, Seaspray, Huffer, Gears, Windcharger, Beachcomber, Pipes, Outback, in the exception of Tailgate, Swerve.

Now the question, that I've been asking myself lately. Would you accept having Blaster and Soundwave bigger than Megatron and Optimus Prime?
Old 06-30-2016, 12:38 AM   #38
supermanTF
Generation 2

Goal - g1 Dinobots
Goal #2 - 3p Dibots (maybe)
supermanTF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2016, 12:49 AM   #39
steamwhistle
Crossover

Quote:
Now the question, that I've been asking myself lately. Would you accept having Blaster and Soundwave bigger than Megatron and Optimus Prime?
It wouldn't bother me if they are slightly taller/bigger than their leader. I'd say that if the shoulders are obviously higher than the leader's head, then I might think it looks off... But just my opinion.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Feedback thread: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showt...t=steamwhistle
steamwhistle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2016, 12:53 AM   #40
Ironwave
Seek and Destroy

^^^ For example Titans Return Blaster and Soundwave