Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 05-01-2008, 08:39 AM   #11
tilallr1
Robot in Disguise
Re: TF:TM on Bluray?? (Animated... not live action)

Just a FYI I was accidentely shipped an extra one from Amazon.uk. If anyone is interested in it let me know. Otherwise I will probably be shipping it back soon.

http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=7302
Old 05-02-2008, 09:24 AM   #12
tilallr1
Robot in Disguise

Ok so I watched it last night, one of the 2 copies I got (by accident), and I swear to God it is a night and day difference from any previous version I have seen. My jaw literally dropped.

I have owned 2 VHS copies, 2 DVD copies and watched them all over 100 times and all fail in comparison to this edition.

The clarity and detail are massively better as well as the color jumps of the screen, and looks accurate. Unlike the crappy sony version. And finally a version that has NO macro blocking. Awesome. The original film dirt is there, but it make me feal like I am watching this in theaters again since the quality was the same as I remember it back in 1986 on the BIG SCREEN. The DTS soundtrack is emense too. Much better than the crappy Dolby Digital abomination. There are new details to be heard.

Some of the scenes that jump out at you right off the bat is when Unicron is munching on planet Lithone at the beginning of the movie. You can see clearly every detail of the planet and unicron. Its amazing. Or on the planet of junk, you can actually make out things all over the place. The drawings were highly detailed and always lost with previous versions. I could go on, but I think you get the picture.

I think its a must own if you love the 1986 film as much as I do. You will see things in this movie you never saw before and hear things better than ever. "YOU GOT THE TOUCH, YOU GOT THE POWER. YAH!"

Last edited by tilallr1; 05-09-2008 at 08:38 AM.
tilallr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 12:23 PM   #13
tilallr1
Robot in Disguise

A few other major notes after watching it already 4 times:

(1) According to the box there are 5 hours of special features. Unless they are seriously hidden there are NONE. Just the movie. But thats why I bought it.

(2) From what I can tell the DTS audio track falls in and out of sync at times. Can't really tell unless your watching the animated mouth move, but on a big screen it can be distracting at times. I only noticed 3 or 4 times. The Dolby Digital sounds ok but it too is out of sync sometimes. But doesn't sound as sharp and clear as the DTS audio track.

Now these are just nit picks, and I am never watching this movie on DVD or VHS again, but I thought you should all be made well aware of these minor defects I noticed.
Old 05-07-2008, 06:38 PM   #14
soundwaveCA
Retired TF Fan

Gah I want this now lol
soundwaveCA is offline   Reply With Quote