Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 02-23-2019, 01:25 PM   #21
Landstander
Generation 2
Re: Ecto-1 Tron EB Games Pre-Order

This is cool, but I think I can wait to see it in store before I decide.
Old 02-23-2019, 04:19 PM   #22
Alexander Quinn
Sarcasti-con

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landstander View Post
This is cool, but I think I can wait to see it in store before I decide.
Given EB’s track record with Exclusives, that is not a great idea. Their Marvel Legends and Star Wars Black Series Exclusives sell out almost immediately. Some stores will only get the number in that are preordered as well. Just some friendly advice, but if you’re at all interested then go in and preorder. You can always change your mind later.
Old 02-24-2019, 12:20 PM   #23
Landstander
Generation 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Quinn View Post
Given EB’s track record with Exclusives, that is not a great idea. Their Marvel Legends and Star Wars Black Series Exclusives sell out almost immediately. Some stores will only get the number in that are preordered as well. Just some friendly advice, but if you’re at all interested then go in and preorder. You can always change your mind later.
This is very true, I was just going off the retro garage set which is still available and discounted at my local store. I have only started paying attention to ebgames this year, so I am unfamiliar with the history of exclusives.
Old 02-24-2019, 01:38 PM   #24
riderman
Beast Machine

Quote:
This is very true, I was just going off the retro garage set which is still available and discounted at my local store. I have only started paying attention to ebgames this year, so I am unfamiliar with the history of exclusives.
From my history with EB Games it's always hit or miss. Sometimes you get lucky and find it in store, most of the time you miss out completely and have to pay over the asking price or double on Ebay. Just buy online or pre-order it in store if your interested and if you don't like it return in store and get a full refund. Call me old fashioned, but I sometimes want to see the item and hold it in my hands before I buy it. Kind of like picking apples or oranges I suppose, just want to get the best box or the best painted one.
Old 02-24-2019, 04:02 PM   #25
riderman
Beast Machine

I don't know about you, but the box sells it for me! Also Slimer was also my favorite.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190224-134833_Samsung Internet.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	93.2 KB
ID:	42984  
Old 02-24-2019, 04:26 PM   #26
Alexander Quinn
Sarcasti-con

Quote:
They have a chaotic track record. That gold over priced Bee isn’t going anywhere, but recent exclusives like Power of the Primes Wreck-Gar, Marvel Legends Thing, Star Wars Black Series Gamorean Guard, and even the Legends PS4 Spider-Man Figure have all gone crazy quick, at least in my area (Barrie). Seems to be hit or miss with how big a seller they are.
Old 02-24-2019, 04:27 PM   #27
Alexander Quinn
Sarcasti-con

Quote:
Originally Posted by riderman View Post
I don't know about you, but the box sells it for me! Also Slimer was also my favorite.
That is pretty slick. Wish Slimer had some more paint apps on him. Seems a little lazy there, but oh well.
Old 02-24-2019, 06:17 PM   #28
Spacemonkey
Energon

It look like an haevy remold of CW voyager Onslaught/Hotspot. Nice move from Hasbro, that cross over. Ihope they will do it with other franchises like Knight rider or Duke of Hazard...
Old 02-24-2019, 06:31 PM   #29
riderman
Beast Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Quinn View Post
They have a chaotic track record. That gold over priced Bee isn’t going anywhere, but recent exclusives like Power of the Primes Wreck-Gar, Marvel Legends Thing, Star Wars Black Series Gamorean Guard, and even the Legends PS4 Spider-Man Figure have all gone crazy quick, at least in my area (Barrie). Seems to be hit or miss with how big a seller they are.
I have to agree with you about some of the stuff they sell there! Some are hit and miss and mostly they sell out and some others just stay collecting dust. For that 6 inch PS4 Marval Legends Spiderman, I saw over 10 of them hanging at the EB Games on Major Mac and Bayview in the Markham/Richmond Hill area
Old 02-24-2019, 06:45 PM   #30
riderman
Beast Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spacemonkey View Post
It look like an haevy remold of CW voyager Onslaught/Hotspot. Nice move from Hasbro, that cross over. Ihope they will do it with other franchises like Knight rider or Duke of Hazard...
If Hasbro acquires a license with the Dukes and Knight industries that will SELL! I can imagine Michael Knight that can sit in the Black Kit car just like Spike in the Masterpiece Bumblebee. Also for the General Lee both Bo and Luke Duke that sit in the car that look like Tom Wopat and John Schneider. Maybe have a Jeep transformer like hound for Daisy Duke too.
Closed Thread