Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 09-22-2016, 01:27 PM   #21
Darth Cylon
addicted to mecha
Re: Takara Tomy Fortress Maximus shipping debacle with Nippon-Yasan

Quote:
Originally Posted by species5618w View Post
Weird, I always find NY to have the best or very comparable shipping rate. I always ship by boat, or the slowest airmail depending on which is cheaper though. For example, I got quoted 1640Yen for MP Inferno, that's cheaper than some shipping within Canada. I then changed to combine Inferno and Grapple for 2900 Yen. MP22, MP29 and MP28 combined was only 4400 Yen. (Expensive, but I couldn't find a better rate elsewhere).
I used HLJ's shipping system as an estimate and then compare it against what NY is asking for to ship MP Inferno/Grapple. NY wants ¥3700 to ship it with EMS. ¥3700 is what HLJ would charge you to ship 3 MP Ironhide/Ratchet. I call BS on NY's shipping because there's no way the package size and weight for a single Inferno/Grapple are bigger and heavier than 3 MP Nissan vans combined. Yes the Mitsubishi Fuso truck used for the Inferno/Grapple mold would be bigger than the Nissan van and it won't fit inside MP-10's trailer. And according to the G1 scale chart, Inferno/Grapple are taller than Ironhide/Ratchet. But it still won't be 3 times bigger and heavier when it comes to shipping.

Last edited by Darth Cylon; 09-22-2016 at 02:57 PM.
Darth Cylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 01:47 PM   #22
Goaliebot
All Makes and Models

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Cylon View Post
I stopped buying from NY after MP-21G. They started overcharging shipping rate since MP-25 and bluntly claimed that the package size was bigger and heavier than other MP cars. Since then their shipping charges are nothing but BS gouge. I also hate them for jacking up prices like 2 times after items arrived in stock.

HLJ and AA are very honest with their shipping rate. They use different shipping boxes and packing but their shipping changes are almost the same on shipping the same item. They just charge you what Japan Post charges them. I always use HLJ's website to estimate shipping charge.

Back on topic. HLJ is charging ¥20,000 for LG31 and ¥8,180 to ship on EMS. NY is now asking ¥26,800 and ¥10,100 to ship EMS.
Google says that's $261.50 + $107 for HLJ, and $350 + $132 for NY? Am I missing something? He's $290 +$30 from Automaton...

(all prices in cad)
Goaliebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 02:58 PM   #23
species5618w
Generation 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by elburrito View Post
See what it is when comes time to ship. But 1640 by boat seems steep. Having tried "them all" I give AmiAmi the edge. Usually $3-$7 more for the toy and if you mess around they'll cut you off, but never a problem and if there is, they fix it.
Unfortunately, amiami does not provide shipping by boat as an option and they don't provide shipping estimation for preordered items.
Quote:
I used HLJ's shipping system as an estimate and then compare it against what NY is asking for to ship MP Inferno/Grapple. NY wants ¥3700 to ship it with EMS. ¥3700 is what HLJ would charge you to ship 3 MP Ironhide/Ratchet. I call BS on NY's shipping because there's no way the package size and weight for a single Inferno/Grapple are bigger and heavier than 3 MP Nissan vans combined. Yes the Mitsubishi Fuso truck used for the Inferno/Grapple mold would be bigger than the Nissan van and it won't fit inside MP-10's trailer. And according to the G1 scale chart, Inferno/Grapple are taller than Ironhide/Ratchet. But it still be 3 times bigger and heavier when it comes to shipping.
I don't remember HLJ having shipping by boat as an option. Also, the EMS for Ratchet is 2140 Yen at HLJ (at least right now). Their SAL is super cheap though, but not trackable. I bought both Ironhide and Ratchet from them, no problem what so ever. I bought Track from NY, the shipping was definitely painful, I think it was twice what HLJ charged, but HLJ sold out at that point.

Last edited by species5618w; 09-22-2016 at 03:13 PM.
species5618w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 03:29 PM   #24
Darth Cylon
addicted to mecha

Quote:
...Also, the EMS for Ratchet is 2140 Yen at HLJ (at least right now). Their SAL is super cheap though, but not trackable. I bought both Ironhide and Ratchet from them, no problem what so ever. I bought Track from NY, the shipping was definitely painful, I think it was twice what HLJ charged, but HLJ sold out at that point.
HLJ charges ¥2,140 to ship 1 MP Ratchet using EMS. ¥3,060 to ship 2, ¥3,700 to ship 3.

My point is that NY is obviously gouging their shipping rate as there's no way it costs ¥3,700 for NY to ship 1 MP Grapple, when it costs the same ¥3,700 for HLJ to ship 3 MP Ratchet
Old 09-22-2016, 03:43 PM   #25
species5618w
Generation 2

Quote:
HLJ charges ¥2,140 to ship 1 MP Ratchet using EMS. ¥3,060 to ship 2, ¥3,700 to ship 3.

My point is that NY is obviously gouging their shipping rate as there's no way it costs ¥3,700 for NY to ship 1 MP Grapple, when it costs the same ¥3,700 for HLJ to ship 3 MP Ratchet
Ok, that's a good point. I think it's better to compare apples with apples though. NY charges 8450 for shipping 3 ratchets on EMS, definitely outrageous. I guess it's too late for me to switch vendor since both Inferno and Grapple are sold out at HLJ. Although if I remembered correctly, HLJ prices were much higher.

Last edited by species5618w; 09-22-2016 at 03:48 PM.
species5618w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 04:24 PM   #26
CobraCommander
ありがとう任天堂 ಠ_ಠ

AE was ¥17,500 for FM pre-order... waiting to see how much shipping will be.
G.I.Joe Figures - Hisstank

Feedback Threads:
Cybertron.ca
CobraCommander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 04:27 PM   #27
CobraCommander
ありがとう任天堂 ಠ_ಠ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goaliebot View Post
Google says that's $261.50 + $107 for HLJ, and $350 + $132 for NY? Am I missing something? He's $290 +$30 from Automaton...

(all prices in cad)
Don't forget that exchange rate fluctuate, so it may have been more favourable during the pre-order window.
G.I.Joe Figures - Hisstank

Feedback Threads:
Cybertron.ca
CobraCommander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 05:20 PM   #28
Darth Cylon
addicted to mecha

FYI HLJ is charging ¥8,180 to ship FM with EMS.
Old 09-22-2016, 06:26 PM   #29
QuadESL63
Canadian Slag

I have the same experience last year. I have waited for them to shipped my pre-ordered item and when I realized N-Y has not shipped it yet I contacted them. They claimed the size of the item (SoC Star GaoGaiGar expansion set) I bought is too big. So, on top of the shipping I've already paid they need an extra payment to cover the cost. That was the first time and definitely the last time I will shop over there.

Looking for:
  • Nothing... spent too much lately
QuadESL63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 06:31 PM   #30
elburrito
Animated

No they have "fast" usually about 2200 yen for mp cars or "slow" usually about 1100 for mp cars.

Quote:
Unfortunately, amiami does not provide shipping by boat as an option and they don't provide shipping estimates for preorder items.

Sale & Trade

elburrito is offline   Reply With Quote