Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 06-12-2010, 09:37 PM   #21
Blurrz
Fast Everything
Re: The World Cup Thread

Waking up early to catch these games.. I'm finding it a hard time not falling asleep before the half!
Old 06-12-2010, 11:06 PM   #22
Black Cat
Animated

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMIIWonkoNemises View Post
Of course,but it's the number of points that usually happens in the first games,even if they tie with the likes of 0-0,1-1,etc.each one has a point to get into the next round.It's at the second round of games where goals become a priority to the teams then settling with ties.
The second round is do-or-die. Goals count because the team with more wins the game. Ties mean shootouts, which no one wants.

On another note, FORZA ITALIA!!! I think I'm gonna have to call in sick on Monday.
Black Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 11:25 PM   #23
TMIIWonkoNemises
Animated
Send a message via Skype™ to TMIIWonkoNemises

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Cat View Post
The second round is do-or-die. Goals count because the team with more wins the game. Ties mean shootouts, which no one wants.

On another note, FORZA ITALIA!!! I think I'm gonna have to call in sick on Monday.
If they don't want a tie,then why the Hell do the teams always don't give their all during the final minutes of the game in order to gain more goals to earn more points?All they care in the first round is just to earn a couple of points,just to stay in the game.As for the second round,yes,it is important to them,especially for teams like Nigeria and Greece so far,considering that they haven't earned a point since their first game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whisky Tango Foxtrot View Post
My anus is certainly not a secret toys garden, and I'm deeply offended by the insinuation!
TMIIWonkoNemises is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 12:07 AM   #24
Black Cat
Animated

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMIIWonkoNemises View Post
If they don't want a tie,then why the Hell do the teams always don't give their all during the final minutes of the game in order to gain more goals to earn more points?All they care in the first round is just to earn a couple of points,just to stay in the game.As for the second round,yes,it is important to them,especially for teams like Nigeria and Greece so far,considering that they haven't earned a point since their first game.
Who said they don't give their all? And really, points is all they care about? Have you spoken to the players? If they don't get enough points in the first round - which means wins and goals - then they don't go on to the second round. Only the top two teams in each division make it through. Some teams sit on a tie because they know another team in their division is weak and won't make it through no matter what.
Black Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 12:53 AM   #25
racerguy76
Nexus Maximus

I didn't miss one game from the last two world cups and with the pvr I am going to try my hardest not to miss a match in 2010. I was in Germany for the start of the 2006 WC, even managed to snag tickets to a Mexico vs Iran game. The best sporting event/party in the world.

Argentina surprised me today, they scored early on and didn't really play thier normal keep away afterwards. The actually kept attacking. And if you think any team isin't giving it thier all for the whole match you are mistaken. No one wants to tie.

History plays a big part too. Greece has never scored a goal or even won a world cup match. The Greece team all knows this and they carry that onto the field with them. Did they score a goal, no. Did they want to, hell ya!
Old 06-13-2010, 09:54 AM   #26
Team Jetfire
More zero's in the behind

I am not a big fan of FIFA world cup soccer, but something about these games are drawing me in. The US / England match was really pretty decent.
Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 12:37 PM   #27
CobraCommander
ありがとう任天堂 ಠ_ಠ

FYI...

You can watch matches live stream and also on demand here http://www.cbc.ca/sports/soccer/fifaworldcup/
G.I.Joe Figures - Hisstank

Feedback Threads:
Cybertron.ca
CobraCommander is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 02:04 PM   #28
jacobot
drone 179

Good Luck Aussies... We'll need it

... Bloody Blowout

Last edited by jacobot; 06-13-2010 at 03:57 PM.
jacobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 03:02 PM   #29
Mighty_Galvatron
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by CobraCommander View Post
FYI...

You can watch matches live stream and also on demand here http://www.cbc.ca/sports/soccer/fifaworldcup/
Thanks a lot!
Mighty_Galvatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 05:27 PM   #30
TMIIWonkoNemises
Animated
Send a message via Skype™ to TMIIWonkoNemises

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Cat View Post
Who said they don't give their all? And really, points is all they care about? Have you spoken to the players? If they don't get enough points in the first round - which means wins and goals - then they don't go on to the second round. Only the top two teams in each division make it through. Some teams sit on a tie because they know another team in their division is weak and won't make it through no matter what.
You're misinterpreting me.Each team is allowed two games at the start of the World Cup,which I call first and second round.I assume the Round of 16 is what you call the second round.

First round is about points,and so far there's been ties between each group,and yes,each team does give their all,especially ones who might not have a clear shot of getting to the Round of 16.Both you and racerguy76 misinterpret me saying that they don't give their all,where I stated they don't around the last minutes of the game,especially when each team is tied.

I hope this is clear to you now,either way,I'm moving on:

Wasn't able to see the first two matches.So far,Slovenia won 1 goal from their match against Algeria,while Ghana also scored one goal in their game against Serbia.

As for the third match,Germany beats Australia with four goals.I was amazed at this game,as the Germans attacked with no mercy in their first round,and are a shoe in for their Round of 16 match.Podolski,Klose,Muller,and Cacau did an excellent job this round(And made me remember why I loved the German team since 2006),and I hope to see this type of game play again in their second round with Serbia.

Tomorrow's matches will be the Netherlands vs. Denmark,followed by Japan vs. Cameroon,then with Italy vs. Paraguay.

Second round is where each team tries to get as many points as they can for the Round of 16.Teams who don't have any so far is where they attack more frequently than they did in the first round,the same goes for the others who are pretty much maintained with the points they had earlier.What I'm saying is that(And I should have said this earlier,which is fault on my part),compared to the first round,the second round gains more attention to the teams involved in the World Cup,which results in more attempts to defend and attack than their first game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whisky Tango Foxtrot View Post
My anus is certainly not a secret toys garden, and I'm deeply offended by the insinuation!
TMIIWonkoNemises is offline   Reply With Quote