Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers Customs and Artwork

Old 11-25-2007, 09:19 PM   #1
SamiWCP
Alternator
Alt.Steeljaw from Alt. Ravage 2.0

Not a major update as of yet..But the Ravage 2.0 is all set and painted..I've used the Krylon metallic gold finish. I'll give it a few days to dry before I start to put him together again. Now as you can see, most of the body is gold. I'll be doing the forearms in silver..That leaves the interior of the car pieces..I'm still debating on what color to use for those. I'm thinking either a solid brown, or maybe a metallic copper like color. It'd go for the seats, dash, and the car skeleton, or his chest/stomach part..What do you guys think? Which color should I go with? And, like they did with Rumble, giving him some reference to his old tape deck..And ideas on ways to make this one more of a throw back to the gen-1 tape version?
SamiWCP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 10:45 PM   #2
GMfan
Robot in Disguise
Re: Alt.Steeljaw from Alt. Ravage 2.0

I dunno how you are on making additions to a mold but if you could add a "mane" to make him more Lion like. If not more of the lighter coloured yellow behind the eyes could work but leaving the ears the main gold colour.
GMfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 11:32 PM   #3
Dark Rage
白人看不懂

You can add on removeable Wings to the cannons in reference to the G1 style.

Maybe something from a junker aircraft-vehicle transformer, possibly the Armada/Energon/Cybertron toy line since those aren't earth-style airplanes.
Dark Rage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 12:07 AM   #4
GMfan
Robot in Disguise

As long as these additions work with the transformation though, I can't be the best judge since I don't have the mold.
Old 11-26-2007, 09:05 AM   #5
SamiWCP
Alternator

One suggestion was simple enough..Turning the doors up to make it look like his wing type things. It's not perfect, as the wings were on his back legs if I remember correctly, but, it is something. The doors and legs are both on the same ball joint type connector, so, it is also possible to pop them off and switch them out..
Old 11-26-2007, 03:30 PM   #6
Dark Rage
白人看不懂

Just out of curiousity, is that first picture w/ the assembled one a picture of a completed repaint, or has it just been photoshopped to reflect what the proposed paint scheme is?

The first pic just looks like it was painted silver, then painted over again with clear yellow, since it's definitely brighter than your work in progress. Probably just photoshopped though.
Old 11-26-2007, 04:23 PM   #7
jourdo
Twitter: @jourdo2k3

I like it, but I'm with the others that a mane and wings would be a nice addition. Although, I'm not sure how you would pull that off.

TFCC Runamuck x 3 Achieved! Now looking for Lego Ninjago NRG Jay for Christmas. If you can help, let me know.
jourdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 04:30 PM   #8
SamiWCP
Alternator

Yeah, that's just a photoshopped pic, to get a working idea.
Old 11-26-2007, 04:34 PM   #9
GMfan
Robot in Disguise

Could always use putty for the mane and paint over just be reaaaly careful when moving the head...
Old 11-26-2007, 04:38 PM   #10
Dark Rage
白人看不懂

Quote:
Originally Posted by jourdo View Post
I like it, but I'm with the others that a mane and wings would be a nice addition. Although, I'm not sure how you would pull that off.
One could always make a foldable/transformable mane to go in the seats of the Jaguar, but I think Sami is pretty tired from this repaint already.

But yeah, if you ever do another Steeljaw, I think the Clear yellow over Silver will be a more accurate/brighter repaint than Gold.