Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 01-13-2011, 11:48 AM   #11
razin
Canadian Slag
Send a message via MSN to razin
Re: Target Coming to Canada!

Nice to some finalization to this, as they announced this about 12-18 months ago.
razin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 12:03 PM   #12
chans formers
raff ow roud

Quote:
Originally Posted by razin View Post
Nice to some finalization to this, as they announced this about 12-18 months ago.
actually,iirc, this was in the works since the "target" exclusive energon scout class figs were released up here.(about 2 years ago)
most of the zellers up here were revamping and renovating to simulate target stores(that fugly red color everywhere).
i first heard about it(the buy out plan) from a friend who's a manager at a local zellers.
i agree with you razin, it's nice to know it's finally finalized
Old 01-13-2011, 12:14 PM   #13
-KG-
Kranix

This is probably good news overall... Zellers IMO has never been a really good retailer. Transformers wise, I don't think it will make much difference as to which exclusives we get up here.

-KG- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 12:33 PM   #14
skinsquad
Beast Machine

I don't see it being a huge difference. The toy selection will be the same. Zellers currently receives (I think) all the Target exclusives anyways. Target will be cleaner no doubt but I'm pretty sure the product and prices will remain the same as Zellers or at best comparable to Canadian Walmarts.
skinsquad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 12:40 PM   #15
Alexander Quinn
Sarcasti-con

Thank the gods. One of the worst parts about moving up here from the States was losing Target. Target toy departments were always well stocked and the pricing was always competative with Wal-Mart, unlike Zellers which still has ROTF Deluxes at full price collecting dust. The improvements to the plastic crack department are only the bonus, however. Target has a reputation in the States as being one of the brighest, cleanest and over-all most pleasant retail stores to shop in. That'll be a hellava improvement over the dimly lit, dusty, dirty and over-all skanky atmosphere of every Zellers store I have ever been in. I personally can't wait to see my local Zellers close down and make the transition to a Target store!
Alexander Quinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 12:45 PM   #16
Dark Rage
白人看不懂

Goodluck fighting that HBC union.
Dark Rage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 12:46 PM   #17
joshimus
Metroplex

I'd rather see Zellers go away and Target NOT come to Canada. We have enough u.s. companies screwing over our country. Wal-mart can go to hell too. 99% of the time I walk out of a walmart empty handed, which is fine by me. I know TRU is american and all, but at least it's a REAL toystore and not some douchebag company like walmart
joshimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 12:47 PM   #18
General Tekno
Lugnut rules!
Send a message via AIM to General Tekno Send a message via MSN to General Tekno

And how will this be any different than now?

I've been to a Target, and the only real differences between Zellers/Target that struck me were the logo and the owner.

Still, hopefully TF distribution gets better, though it's already decent when it comes to getting store exclusives.
Old 01-13-2011, 12:51 PM   #19
pud333
Animated

Toy-wise, I think selection and availability won't be much different in general. Zellers was already getting some of Target's exclusives. I think it'll be like the Walmart situation. Our Walmarts don't get everything the US Walmarts do. That's how Target will be I think. The big change may be price, since Target was usually priced accordingly with Walmart. Since I live so close to the border, I can easily hit five or six targets on my quarterly trips to the US, so for me, this changes nothing.

pud333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 12:52 PM   #20
Cheers Ian
twitter @cheersian

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Tekno View Post
And how will this be any different than now?

I've been to a Target, and the only real differences between Zellers/Target that struck me were the logo and the owner.
Really? Target is seen as a upscale department store in the USA. Great selection of good quality items at low prices.

Zellers...well read the other posts in this thread to see how I and others feel about Zellers.

Plus it's been over a year and most Zellers are still drowning in burning Fallens. Zellers does not seem to understand the concept of clearancing items to make room for new products.

Tags
buyout, hbc, target, zellers