Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 02-05-2012, 12:21 PM   #31
Joalro
Robot in Disguise
Re: Dealling with People on Kijiji.... My head Explodes

I have a frustrating kijiji story. Wasn't picking up transformers, but Super Smash Brothers Brawl.

So i message the guy to ask if he still has it, and he says yes. Then he asks me if I am able to go to his address that night. I said sure, so I got up and left with my girlfriend and we drove down the the adress listed on the ad. I knock and ring and knock and ring and there is no answer. So jeeze, that's annoying. He tells me to come over and then doesn't answer his door/isn't home!

Well i send him an email back telling him I'm a little frustrated. He apologizes and said he had to step out for a bit, but he's home now. So i go back again with my girlfriend. I knock on the door and an older woman comes out. She tells me the guy I'm looking for doesn't live there! I check the address again and I'm at the right place. So I send this guy another email very frustrated cause now i've gone there twice and he never lived there at all!

So i'm contemplating whether this is worth the effort. Well he says me an email back again telling me "I don't put my address up on kijiji". Well thanks, asshole! You could have told me that before I showed up. As it ends up, to protect his own address, he put the address for the house right across the road from him! Freakin genius, he is.

Last edited by Joalro; 02-05-2012 at 12:58 PM.
Joalro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 12:26 PM   #32
wervenom
Big Daddy
wervenom's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joalro View Post
As it ends up, to project his own address, he put the address for the house right across the road from him! Freakin genius, he is.

Sorry this is not at you because I share your pain but when I read your story I was LMFAO! I had a similiar problem a while ago but with me the guy gave me the address of his neighbour just to see who was showing up. Freakin Genius(es) is right!
wervenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 01:16 PM   #33
pulsedragon20
I win

That's why I meet people in public places...where there are cameras just in case.
pulsedragon20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 01:28 PM   #34
wervenom
Big Daddy
wervenom's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crobot91 View Post
Yep, someone exchanged them and returned it to the store. The question is does the seller know this (most likely yes) or is he/she naive.
Update even further than that. They must know what they have done. I was checking craig's list to see what's out there and came across this. Same figure (same pic) on Kijiji is listed at $150 and on Craig's list is $85.

http://toronto.en.craigslist.ca/tor/tag/2835856858.html
Old 02-05-2012, 08:05 PM   #35
Gaetznes
Cassetticon

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulsedragon20 View Post
That's why I meet people in public places...where there are cameras just in case.
A guy got stabbed a few years back in my home city. It was in the news here. The guy put up an ad saying he had a High End Sony LCD 42 inch or the like for 900-1000. So they guy wanting to buy it, went over. They jumped him in front of the place. Which wasn't even theres. The stabbers got the money and ran. I can't remember if they caught the guys, probly not.

Last edited by Gaetznes; 02-05-2012 at 08:13 PM.
Gaetznes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 08:44 PM   #36
Crobot91
Metroplex

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulsedragon20 View Post
Exactly, I always meet up at a mall or plaza to avoid any problems. You never know what kind of idiots are out there.
Old 02-12-2012, 10:39 AM   #37
wervenom
Big Daddy
wervenom's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by wervenom View Post
Update even further than that. They must know what they have done. I was checking craig's list to see what's out there and came across this. Same figure (same pic) on Kijiji is listed at $150 and on Craig's list is $85.

http://toronto.en.craigslist.ca/tor/tag/2835856858.html

Is it just me or is this the same thing again. Look at the face, the pics are very dark and now the price is $50.

http://toronto.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-s...AdIdZ354265184

Like seriously WTF? well if you want an Armada Unicron it's $50
Old 02-12-2012, 11:06 AM   #38
Nomad
Airachnid's ratservant
Send a message via AIM to Nomad Send a message via MSN to Nomad

Quote:
Originally Posted by bedtime View Post
lets face it: people are weird. you're gonna get weirdos in every facet of life... may as well deal with them if you can get good deals on toys you want
Yep.

Also, I've never used Kijiji, but there's a website called Castanet that's good for local adds where I live, and my dad and I have sold a good amount of stuff through it ranging from random crap to vehicles & trailers. Anyway, the opening story reminds me of the person who bought my Punching Bag.

I had a picture, a price, info, etc, pretty much everything you'd wanna have in the add and more. It took this guy like 20+ e-mails to agree to come see me or let me go to his place, and he rejected at least 2 attempts to talk over the phone over the course of this. My mom thought he was a pedophile or something because he'd type like 5 word mails (many of which weren't even following the conversation), but much like the other dude, he was juts a quiet kid who didn't really know wtf to do and ended up coming with his dad & buying it in 5 minutes.

Then there was a guy who I was gonna buy yugioh cards from, except that he stopped communicating after refusing to give me his phone number, an addy or a even list of what he had. I didn't really understand what he was trying to accomplish so I just let it be.

Oh yeah, and then there was a guy who was selling an armada Unicron for 10 bucks. I figured it was missing shit, so I sent him a message asking what parts he had, specifically if he had the planet rings/cape. I even send a picture of what I was talking about, what the figure looks like, and what parts I know would come off. He never replied, so my guess is that his was missing everything & he figured I'd decline.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConvoyGTR View Post
"they're all gone, vultures everywhere"
Nomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 11:17 AM   #39
sarmick01
Canadian Slag

Last week I was attempting to buy lego from someone in the area. I emailed with an offer of 60 bucks(for 26lbs). They replied, said they had an offer of 65, would I go 70. I said yes, asked a few questions, and never heard from them till the next day when I found out it was sold, even when they said I could have it.
sarmick01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 11:20 AM   #40
Nomad
Airachnid's ratservant
Send a message via AIM to Nomad Send a message via MSN to Nomad

Guess that's how she rolls.

Also, I just found this on my local site. 75 bucks for the 20 dollar battle ops bee the guy bought not too long ago? Seems like a good find.

http://classifieds.castanet.net/show...229995/cat/499

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConvoyGTR View Post
"they're all gone, vultures everywhere"
Nomad is offline   Reply With Quote