Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 07-26-2007, 09:22 PM   #11
Oasis
Panel Queen
Send a message via Skype™ to Oasis
Re: Generation One Cartoon Thread

When I was a kid I loved "The Search for Alpha Trion" because it had female Autobots. That was big for me, since I got a lot of grief for liking a "boy's cartoon." Now it's "Prime Target" and "Triple Takeover." (Excepting the cringe-worthy lines from Prowl. Ugh.) Hands-down, the most underrated is "Hoist gos Hollywood." They made fun of Harrison Ford while he was still cool. That was great.
Oasis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 01:35 AM   #12
Robimus
Iacon North Scout

Search for Alpha Trion is great, I would still love to see toys for all those ladies(accurate ones, not motor scooters) but I'll take what I can get.
Also in season 4 what is the deal with Rodimus's demotion back to regular grunt. He could have still been second in command, I mean I realize Prime likes Magnus cause he's a semi and all but check his references...................
Robimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 01:44 AM   #13
GMfan
Robot in Disguise

Prime did...Magnus out qualified him after Rodimus kept whining to a statue :P. My favourite was in 5 faces of darkness when UM told Rodimus to get out of there and eh would hold of the decepticons alone....he just rocks.
GMfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 02:16 AM   #14
Aernaroth
Metroplex

Im surprised he was able to deal with that then.
Aernaroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 03:00 AM   #15
Robimus
Iacon North Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMfan101 View Post
Prime did...Magnus out qualified him after Rodimus kept whining to a statue :P. My favourite was in 5 faces of darkness when UM told Rodimus to get out of there and eh would hold of the decepticons alone....he just rocks.
Valid point, and he did have a birthday party too I still think all Semi's stick together though,..... um. I guess Huffer never was second in command. I concede, but who demoted Jazz anyway?
Old 07-27-2007, 09:41 PM   #16
Aernaroth
Metroplex

Well, he DID let an entire moon get destroyed.
Aernaroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 01:04 AM   #17
Robimus
Iacon North Scout

I'm gonna blame that one on....er....um.......Cliffjumper. Yeah thats it, Cliffjumper messed up the whole thing. Jazz took the fall, cause thats the kind of stand up guy he is. Always lookin' out for the little bots.

Then latter he felt so bad about losing the moon that he changed his name and went into racing. He won the race at the start of season three, yet somehow nobody knew it was Jazz. Something about the new generation not respecting their elders I'm sure.

Last edited by Robimus; 07-28-2007 at 01:09 AM.
Old 07-28-2007, 01:17 AM   #18
GMfan
Robot in Disguise

Don't think we even saw or heard about Jazz after that point in season three...come to think of it that was also the last series we saw bumblebee. In fact I think 5 faces of Darkness was the "death" of all the pre-movie autobots.
GMfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 02:56 AM   #19
RedOktobre
Alternator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robimus View Post
Search for Alpha Trion is great, I would still love to see toys for all those ladies(accurate ones, not motor scooters) but I'll take what I can get.
Also in season 4 what is the deal with Rodimus's demotion back to regular grunt. He could have still been second in command, I mean I realize Prime likes Magnus cause he's a semi and all but check his references...................
I feel that Prime chose Magnus over Rodimus/Hot Rod because:
1. Hot Rod recklessness caused Prime's death in the Battle of Autobot City on Earth
2. Magnus has been the established 2nd in command for a long time
3. Magnus is much more mature, experienced, and responsible than Rodimus/Hot Rod
4. Rodimus/Hot Rod lacks Magnus' maturity
5. Rodimus/Hot Rod can be too headstrong, "hot-headed" and aggressive at times

However,
1. Rodimus Prime is strong and more powerful than Magnus
2. Rodimus' agressiveness helps in fighting Galvatron
3. Rodimus is very intelligent and a savy strategist

One of other thing... my sister and I strongly feel that Anakin Skywalker of Star Wars would have become someone very similar to Rodimus Prime if Anakin had NOT be seduced to the Dark Side of the Force. Like Rodimus Prime, Anakin would have been one of the most powerful and aggressive Jedi leaders, but would still lack Yoda's experience, maturity, and sense of responsibility.

View my collection on Youtube at the raginroninreview channel: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxoEydL-p6s

Sales Thread: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showt...800#post360800

Feedback: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=2648

Disclaimer:
All statements or views expressed by the board member, "RedOktobre", are purely personal opinions which may or may not be substantiated by relevant facts. Any perceived insult resulting from opinions asserted by the said board member is absolutely unintentional.
RedOktobre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 03:04 AM   #20
xeonshock

I just finished season 1, going through 2 currently. It sure is nice to see all the episodes that I haven't seen since my childhood!
xeonshock is offline   Reply With Quote