Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 08-21-2010, 04:35 AM   #1
ConvoyGTR
Generation 2
Movie Bumblebee Curse

Every movie Bumblebee I have, with the exception of the classic Camaro has some factory error in the plastic. First movie modern Camaro has a air bubble on the roof part that becomes the back of the left arm. HA Bumblebee has a piece of crud inside the plastic just below the surface of the hood. And when I was playing with my BB Bumblebee today, I noticed a small streak of white discoloration on the right piece that makes the front of the car. It looks like something that would be causing by stressing the plastic, but it's 5 mm line and it's in the middle the piece. If it was something I did from transforming it, I would imagine a long white line from top to bottom. And the part is pretty thick, so the chances of that happening are even slimmer.

So, I conclude I'm cursed. Even though it's only 3 figures, its of the same character. What are the chances of that happening?

Has this kind of problem ever happened to you? And I'm talking about plastic problems and not paint problems, because I got a bunch of those too.
ConvoyGTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 04:39 AM   #2
jackwacko
Classic
Re: Movie Bumblebee Curse

My BBBB had stress marks on a tip of its battlemask, a piece of plastic chipped off where the black strip is at the back of the car, but painted. Good thing this is my first, and probably last BB ^^

Feedback Thread:Cybertron.ca
jackwacko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 04:47 AM   #3
Matrix_Holder
The chosen one

I bought the new battle blade bb today and before I even got home I looked at it sitting on my front seat at a red light.....
"I really don't even like the movies...let alone the onscreen characters and their figures...why the hell did I buy this?"
and with that I drove to the other walmart in burlington and returned it, lol. I thought I liked it from the pics, when I actually had it in hand....its so meh... I am not a fan of how bays team designed him. I hope the next trilogy of live action movies have better designers.
I have bought 3 versions of him so far and each time I have I had to exchange them because parts would keep falling off or giant stress marks on him, I ended up returning them for a refund each time. the only 2 I have now came in bags with other TFs in value village bags. I think that with the movie BBs, its quantity over quality.

Last edited by Matrix_Holder; 08-21-2010 at 04:53 AM.
Matrix_Holder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 05:20 AM   #4
ConvoyGTR
Generation 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrix_Holder View Post
I am not a fan of how bays team designed him. I hope the next trilogy of live action movies have better designers.
I have bought 3 versions of him so far and each time I have I had to exchange them because parts would keep falling off or giant stress marks on him, I ended up returning them for a refund each time. the only 2 I have now came in bags with other TFs in value village bags. I think that with the movie BBs, its quantity over quality.
I totally agree, bumblebee should not look that menacing, IMO.

Wow, I'm not sure if I should be glad that I'm not the only one or mad that this problem extends to other ppl.
ConvoyGTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 05:42 AM   #5
jackwacko
Classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConvoyGTR View Post
I totally agree, bumblebee should not look that menacing, IMO.

Wow, I'm not sure if I should be glad that I'm not the only one or mad that this problem extends to other ppl.
If we're gonna have the "_____ should not be _____" movie discussion, then we can go on forever (who the hell though of making Ratchet Neon...)

Mass-produced products are never "perfect" ... It's just the quality of production the manufactoring plant in China gives (actually live in the same city, just afraid that going to the factory will ruin my TF-collecting interest)

Feedback Thread:Cybertron.ca
jackwacko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 08:04 AM   #6
Tekkamanraiden
G1 Original
Tekkamanraiden's Ebay Auctions

Here's the only Movie Bumblebee I'd ever own.

That is of course if I could afford it.

Feedback http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=19772
Tekkamanraiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 08:06 AM   #7
Camaroman2
Better than a Masterpiece

You'd get the Z28? I'd be happy with just the regular SS. To each his own I guess!
Old 08-21-2010, 11:34 PM   #8
Sun Swipe Prime
Canadian Slag

when ever I get a new figure I give it the once over for significant defects. If I find one, I exchange it and tell the store about the defect.
Old 08-21-2010, 11:40 PM   #9
Dragon Knight
Geass'd

I'd love to meet someone who goes out of their way to buy every single version of movie bumblebee ever...

Last edited by Dragon Knight; 08-21-2010 at 11:43 PM.
Dragon Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 11:41 PM   #10
Star 56
Machine War

im that way aswell
my classic camero from first movie back part of leg or back part of hood was raised up leg later then broke

human alliance the chest piece wouldent stay completely up and the left door wouldent lock into the car becuase the roof was pushed up out of place

my new generations WFC one the windows and hood don't lock down into place completly