Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Off Topic > General Discussion

View Poll Results: Do you think pricing should be mandatory on all B/S/T threads??
Yes 32 72.73%
No 12 27.27%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-22-2014, 12:19 AM   #41
FreedomGundam
Freedom, ikimasu!
Re: BST Pricing SHOULD be mandatory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by teruo313 View Post
This led to how it operates now, most prices are stupid high (like ebay including shipping high) and the buyers still end up having to message the person to negotiate a better deal. No time saved.

Sure there's a price there, but big deal, you have to still go through the whole negotiating aspect anyways. While I'm not saying that would happen here, but I'm just posting on what happened when another collecting community changed their rules.
That's completely understandable.

However, that further reinforces my statement a few posts back: at best, listing prices will start the transaction at step 3/4 from my list-of-steps; at worst, it doesn't change anything and we start at step #1. While without listing prices, we'll start at step #1 regardless.

TFs and other toys for sale! (last updated: Post-TFCon2018):
http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=72568

Custom Double-Detolfs:
http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=47820

Looking for:
- Cybertron Hot Shot
- Cybertron Defense Hot Shot
- G1 Repugnus
- G1 Scowl (with Monstructor foot)
- G1 Icepick small gun
- G1 Fire Guts God Ginrai
FreedomGundam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2014, 06:54 PM   #42
Goaliebot
All Makes and Models

This will be unpopular, and perhaps it's a bit unfair, but my own personal experience with no-price-listed sellers has been:

- they were after higher-than-market value for their items
- they were quite aggressive ("this is what it costs, you're nuts to think you'll get it lower, what's your problem", etc)
- it was unpleasant communicating with them so I avoid it going forward.

That said, I still don't support mandatory pricing because 1) it won't work and 2) I like having a heads up not to bother.

** I know not all no-price-sellers are like the above, but I feel like I've batted almost 100% on encountering the ones who are. And no their annoyed/aggressive responses were not in reply to low ball offers, as I generally PM with "how much are you looking to get for _____?" and decline with a "thanks but I'll have to think about it").

Last edited by Goaliebot; 11-22-2014 at 06:59 PM.
Goaliebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 02:07 PM   #43
SanMiguel
Beasty
SanMiguel's Ebay Auctions

Finally! Im all in full support for the listing of pricing for items being sold at the BST thread. i like pricing transparency plus i find it troublesome in my part (and seller as well) to ask questions regarding price. Price, pictures and condition of the item is very important in successfully selling an item IMO.

But IMHO we should have a balance between the seller & the potential buyer. We should also have a rule that NO arguing about the sellers price. It should be the sellers discretion if how much he wanted it for his items. If the buyers finds it too pricey then he is by all means FREE to move on to the next sales thread.

Last edited by SanMiguel; 11-24-2014 at 02:15 PM.
SanMiguel is offline   Reply With Quote