Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 08-03-2013, 11:03 PM   #1
Aras
Generation 1
"I don't want it

Messed up the posting of the title thread. Sorry. Anyways,
Sometimes we can't get everything those toys we really want. what I want to know are those times when after all that time of searching, you just gave up, or convinced yourself to not get something you really wanted. I'll start, the Power Rangers franchise has been around for as long as I have been alive (minus the the 15 years of sentai that came before it) and the series has been very dear to me, even though I don't really collect them excessively or watch any of the series anymore. So when they were offering the legacy morpher I thought I didn't really want it. However, I saw it several times at my local Toysrus and the want began to build. I passed it up saying unlike my Transformers, it would most likely just end up sitting in a bin rather than being played with or displayed. Then my TRU ran out, and my desire for it peaked at TFCon. I had to tell my brother to remind me that I didn't want or need it despite all my desire. Good thing is, I ended up getting an original Megazord there instead which is something else I had given up on but always wanted.

Last edited by Aras; 08-03-2013 at 11:16 PM.
Aras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 11:47 AM   #2
Commandoclone87
Seeker
Re: "I don't want it

MP10. At the time, I only had enough for the two Thundercrackers I had to buy and by the time I got the cash together, he was gone. For I while, I hoped that our store would be one of the few that got a restock and it did. Which then sold out before I could even get out of school.

Occasionally checked ebay and a few other sites to see if he would show up at a decent price, but everytime I checked, people were scalping him at prices that were at least 3x the MSRP and probably more than 4x what they paid since Toy 'R Us had a big sale with all TFs at 30% off within a few weeks of him coming out.

At that point, I pretty much gave up hope of ever finding one within my price range again.
Commandoclone87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 12:33 PM   #3
typev3
@VinceSanchez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commandoclone87 View Post
MP10. At the time, I only had enough for the two Thundercrackers I had to buy and by the time I got the cash together, he was gone. For I while, I hoped that our store would be one of the few that got a restock and it did. Which then sold out before I could even get out of school.

Occasionally checked ebay and a few other sites to see if he would show up at a decent price, but everytime I checked, people were scalping him at prices that were at least 3x the MSRP and probably more than 4x what they paid since Toy 'R Us had a big sale with all TFs at 30% off within a few weeks of him coming out.

At that point, I pretty much gave up hope of ever finding one within my price range again.
Yeah, mine would be MP10 as well.

Convinced myself that I didn't need it since my MP collection only consisted of Grimlock at the time and I was a lot more focused on non-TF figures. After seeing many 'sold out' reports in the sightings thread, I was fairly happy that I didn't subject myself to that stress.

One day I ended up going to TRU with my girlfriend because she needed to look for a birthday present for her niece. I decided to see what was new in the boys section and to my surprise there was one MP10 sitting there. I picked it up and my GF (knowing me much better than I know myself) said to just buy it. So I did and as a nice bonus it was a 30% off sale too!

Anyways, I ended up loving MP10 but it ultimately brought about a bigger problem: my full addiction to Masterpiece Transformers.
Old 08-05-2013, 12:37 PM   #4
Dragon Knight
Geass'd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commandoclone87 View Post

The mark up for Mp10 has gotten pretty insane. For that price you might as well pick up the Takara…

A major one for me would be the SDCC version of the LEgacy Morpher from Power Rangers. I don't even wanna think of how much it's been marked up now...
Old 08-05-2013, 03:15 PM   #5
Akroyer
Nexus Maximus

I agree about MP10..

Akroyer is offline   Reply With Quote