Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > International Transformers News

Old 09-25-2015, 03:50 AM   #21
laffy
Crossover
Re: Masterpiece Shockwave Incoming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinrj View Post
The spokesperson for FT has already said on the TFW forum that all three versions of Quakewave are still coming before the end of the year.
Sadly something going to change as sadly ft is just to late with Thier reissues if they held their guns to the Sept release We'd all have him right now and saying shhhhhhit what have I done but sadly ft just lots out and they better rethink re release him now as I'm off ft ship for this guy oh hail the mighty MP Shock wave. Sadly I'm betting we don't get this guy till this time next year though
laffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 04:04 AM   #22
Sun Swipe Prime
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Cylon View Post
It's not mistransformed. It's only a prototype test unit.
Yes, of course it's a prototype, but that doesn't preclude it from being mis-transformed.

Remember the prototype pictures of CW Menasor?

Also, from past experiences, how much different are the revealed prototypes from the final products? There may be tweaks, but for the most part, this is what we're going to get. So unless the figures are mis-transformed, they're going to have some significant imperfections.
Old 09-25-2015, 04:07 AM   #23
justinrj
Generation 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by laffy View Post
Sadly something going to change as sadly ft is just to late with Thier reissues if they held their guns to the Sept release We'd all have him right now and saying shhhhhhit what have I done but sadly ft just lots out and they better rethink re release him now as I'm off ft ship for this guy oh hail the mighty MP Shock wave. Sadly I'm betting we don't get this guy till this time next year though
I'm still keeping my FT-03T preorder, especially since it's the toy colours. That said, this is guy is the official MP Shockwave and will be THE Shockwave in my collection while Quakewave will be a nice collector piece. Also, yeah, it'll be a while since MP Ironhide is earlier in the year, MP Rodimus will likely be before Shockwave and there's the MP Optimus Primal they wanted out for the 20th Anniversary (it's already been 20 years?!) of Beast Wars.
justinrj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 06:53 AM   #24
bishop
Generation 2

OMG, it's happening!
bishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 07:15 AM   #25
Rev
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by laffy View Post
Sadly, I need to sadly run this through google translate.

Maybe it is just me but this Shockwave seems so bland in comparison to Quakewave. I look forward to a painted sample. I think that could make the difference. I do like the under-slung arm cannon hose. Wish it made the same noises as the one I had as a kid. That would be amazing.

I am actually excited for Hot Rod. I have never even thought about transforming my MP Rodimus. This will be fun to fiddle with. I like his scale as well. I think with paint that front end will look proportional.
Rev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 08:15 AM   #26
down_shift
Fortress Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by wervenom View Post
Well Holy shite was NOT expecting that
This is EXACTLY what I was expecting.
down_shift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 09:02 AM   #27
Slayback
Animated

I can't see FT canceling their quakewave line because pre-orders for retailers were already done. Those orders were done. If a retailer decides to back out on the product, they might as well forego any other product that FT decides to make.
FT Quakewave sales taking a nose dive? doubtful - it may lower the momentum, but there are collectors out there that do prefer 3rd party figures over Takara figures.

Keep in mind the cost of Masterpiece figures that are not cars. Prices have jumped -obviously with the Canadian dollar being as low as it is - but if you check for other figures eg. Magnus, Starsabre and others - the price is more than comparable. Keep in mind that with FT - you get replacement parts and whatever issues arrive - things are taken care of. You also get die cast.

FT - late in re-releasing figures? Doubtful. It's called having a strategy - they keep themselves relevant while they're producing other figures. It's also silly to re-release figures because a small population doesn't have it. I wouldnt think it would be terribly cost effective to release a figure for let's say 300 people because they werent able to get it the 1st time. But if you wait a few years as the fandom continues to grow - that 300 will potentially increase in size - making the demand for the figure greater. That's when you re-release a figure.

feedback :http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=31815
Slayback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 09:06 AM   #28
innermanchild
Robot in Disguise

I wonder if the weird looking chest on Hot Rod is because of the angle at which it's tilted. It seems to be sticking out from top to bottom and rather than in, which makes it look like he has a beer gut instead of a smaller waist.

innermanchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 09:22 AM   #29
Jones
Machine War

So yeah, this is a sure thing. Will own this, without question.
Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 10:09 AM   #30
Longshot
Pretender

Brain just melted!
Longshot is offline   Reply With Quote