Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 03-31-2023, 03:00 PM   #11
Marcotron
Robot Master
Re: Who's Excited For Rise Of The Beasts!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by xueyue2 View Post
Not too excited to be honest. Transformers toys keep going downhill, and price keeps going up, to the point that I almost give up on this hobby now.

Look at the new movie's shitty toys, Hasbro won't even bother change Ironhide's face on the package, just gave him a new name.

There's a rumour going around that the Predacons are Autobots from the future gone bad, or messed up by Unicron or whatever. That would be a neat twist. The comparison of Scourge's face to Optimus, and now this Ironhide dressed up as Battletrap. They're both pickup trucks... It could be a thing. I also saw some other toy with RotF Megatron art, so who knows.

All that said, I have learned, after like 5 or 6 of these things, that if you get your hopes up to high, it's going to disappoint. So, I'm not expecting it to be a great movie. Bumblebee was a surprise good movie, because the main human character didn't suck, and they actually made you feel emotions about the main transformer, Bumblebee. This movie, it feels like they are going back to the old formula, of having it be mostly about the human characters, while the Transformers say and do things just to move the plot along. I hope I'm wrong on that point. After seeing the most annoying characters in RotF literally be tasered to make them stop talking, it can't get much worse.
The Last Knight ruined the franchise for me. That girl (whose name I don't even care to google) who had Squeeks as a buddy, when she shows up in the final battle and Mark Wahlberg asks her why she's there, and her only answer is, she doesn't know... That was just the worst. That, and the laminated card with the dating laws for minors in AOE... Just no.

So far, I'm unimpressed with the toys from this movie. None of the beast figures are an upgrade over the Kingdom type figures, some are even using the same engineering. I get they want to make them techy and cool looking, but in doing so, they just look too generic and underwhelming. Rhinox looks like nothing, he needs some green to make him stand out from the background.

Oh, and let's not forget the further unwanted changes to main G1 characters. Wheeljack, what were they thinking? And Mirage, my favourite character, I just don't know who this new guy is. He has no resemblance at all. I have, and love, Alternators Mirage, as a Ford GT that's a cool departure from his Formula1 style, because at least it's still a race-car sort of thing. This new Porsche guy is a Jazz-Hound-Mirage mashup to me.

Another prediction is, Arcee and Airrazor are going to have a bunch of lines so the studio can appeal to girls, and the other characters are going to have not much to do. It'll be just like watching Siege/Earthrise where Elita-1 was so important, and every other Autobot just stood around doing nothing.

I just hope the movie doesn't suck as bad as it could very easily suck. I'll go watch it in theatres if I can find a babysitter.
Marcotron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2023, 12:41 PM   #12
Jonnydark
Beast Machine

To be fair, i was so disappointed with transformers films i stopped watching them after fallen and only saw Bumblebee in theaters.

I really hope this film has a story and robots as actual characters.

I get that there is a lot of bad blood now... I don't know if the franchise can handle another empty film. If they can do something like Dungeons and Dragons that would be a miracle. We saw that yesterday and loved it. A little hammy at times but in a delightfully playful way.The story had such deep morality and heart. Each character had a satisfying arc. Thats a great film. Excellent storytelling. I saw the ending coming and still cried like a baby. Its really amazing what happens when people who love a franchise create the content.

Jonnydark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2023, 02:14 PM   #13
steamwhistle
Crossover

Quote:
Originally Posted by RansakWORK View Post
Any movie that does multiple trailers and does not hint at the overall story, plot, or demonstrate some characterization makes me worry.

Not expecting an award winning show but hoping for a coherent story.
Very much the same thoughts here.

I am content to wait until it's available on some sort of streaming service to which I already subscribe.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Feedback thread: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showt...t=steamwhistle
steamwhistle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2023, 02:31 PM   #14
MapleMegatron
Canadian Slag

No one should expect anything better than the previous Bay films we got. While Bay didn't direct, these films have always been comitee driven, and the same comitte behind the previous ones is behind this one too. So I am going in with those expectations.
In terms of plot, this will be a very simple film about a McGuffin again (that being transwarp keys this time) with a couple of action set pieces and a giant fight with our main characters going up against a mindless army at the end (as shown in the trailer).
If you know that going in, then there won't be too much dissapointed and that's why I am excited to see this film. I know what to expect, and I'll be with my kids, it will be their first time watching a TF movie on the big screen. And it just so happens to be for the TF film that has the characters I grew up with from Beast Wars. So all that gets me excited.
MapleMegatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2023, 02:37 PM   #15
MapleMegatron
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by xueyue2 View Post
Not too excited to be honest. Transformers toys keep going downhill, and price keeps going up, to the point that I almost give up on this hobby now.

Look at the new movie's shitty toys, Hasbro won't even bother change Ironhide's face on the package, just gave him a new name.

It's a retailer exclusive redeco of a gimmick toy from 5 years ago. I don't know why we're expecting much out of that, it's just product for product's sake, and we get this with every film.
And hey, Canada could skip them, just like they skipped the previous exclusive redecos for AOE and TLK

Old 04-03-2023, 03:02 PM   #16
Robimus
Iacon North Scout

Im looking forward to the film

Visit the official TFcon Toronto website for all the details!
Robimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2023, 04:12 PM   #17
Magnimus
Alternator

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Fool me three times; shame on me. Fool me a fourth time.....

I've been burned too many times. Bumblebee was a delightful fluke; I'm not expecting anything good from ROTB and I'm certainly not giving any more of my money to the box office to get fooled again.
Old 04-04-2023, 08:36 PM   #18
JLvatron
Chosen 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonnydark View Post
Who's Excited For Rise Of The Beasts!?
After the BumbleBee movie, I can't be excited for another Bayformers movie.

Sorry.

JLvatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2023, 08:44 PM   #19
JLvatron
Chosen 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonnydark View Post
To be fair, i was so disappointed with transformers films i stopped watching them after fallen and only saw Bumblebee in theaters.

I really hope this film has a story and robots as actual characters.
Beasties has surprised us sometimes with good sotry and characterizations. I'm thinking of the 1st IDW Beast Wars series, which was really creative and good.

Unfortunately, this is Bayformers where story and Characters aren't important.
Then again, I always found Beasties and Bayformers shared the same cheap humour track, so maybe it'll be very true to the canon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnimus View Post
Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Fool me three times; shame on me. Fool me a fourth time.....
I know exactly what you mean, despite liking different installments than you.

I always found Bayformers disappointing, but gatta say I was shocked at the last film, cause it wasn't directed by Bay yet was way worse.
I honestly didn't think that could happen, but I was rudely awakened to reality.

JLvatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2023, 09:01 PM   #20
MapleMegatron
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnimus View Post

I've been burned too many times. Bumblebee was a delightful fluke; I'm not expecting anything good from ROTB and I'm certainly not giving any more of my money to the box office to get fooled again.
Remind me of how I felt like "anticipating" The Last Knight. And yeah, when I finally watched it, it was even worse than my rock bottom expectations.

I have super low expecations here too, but watching it with my kids and it having beast wars characters will make it better.

Tags
rotb