Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 08-06-2020, 01:00 PM   #1
steamwhistle
Crossover
eBay "policy" - delayed shipping; case resolved; item received

Hey...
Does anyone know about eBay's policy on cases "resolved"?

My apologies if this not an appropriate topic for this messageboard. (outside drama)

Here is the scenario:

I ordered a (KO, I suspect & expect) TF on eBay from a seller in China. It did not arrive within the time specified (one month). I waited extra time (more than a week, probably) and then questioned the seller. After fair communication with the seller (over about 2 weeks), and still not having received the item, I requested eBay to step in.

eBay decided in my favour (citing not having received valid tracking information), and I was reimbursed. The case was closed.

About another 2 weeks later-- the item arrived (more than 1 month after the latest expected receive date, and more than 2 months after the order date).

I am a straight-up person and figure I should pay for something I received. Although it sucks that I have already placed another order for the same item from a different seller -- which, of course, I would not have done if I knew I was receiving the first order.

So, some questions regarding this:

When eBay reimburses a buyer, does eBay just eat the loss and reimburse from their account, or does eBay get the $$ from the seller? If I were to pay for the item, I want to be certain that the seller is not getting paid twice.

I have not yet opened and examined the item. Would it be fair to make sure it is of acceptable quality over some time before deciding to pay for it?

Since the case is closed, how would one properly go about paying for an item since it has been received?

Has anyone had a similar experience? Any answers and thoughts appreciated.

Thanks in advance...
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Feedback thread: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showt...t=steamwhistle
steamwhistle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2020, 01:10 PM   #2
predahank
Storing is hoarding
Re: eBay "policy" - delayed shipping; case resolved; item received

you could contact the seller directly and pay him as I am pretty sure it was him that took the hit for it.

I just receiced an item that was sent in April! I knew that some packages sent at that time were stuck in covid purgatory so i just had faith instead of opening a case. My dispute window was closed so I took a chance because the seller has never let me down.
predahank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2020, 01:53 PM   #3
UsernamePrime
G.I. Joe is better.

Hold the package but dont open it. wait till you get the new order. Take the older unopened order and return to sender which will cost you nothing but the recipient will have to pay return ship to receive the item.

this would be the path of least resistance that ensures you dont pay more and all parties receive what is due at that point.

Ebay recovers the money from the merchant so long as they have an active account with paypal, if the merchant has shut their PP down then things get more complicated at which point I believe paypal will still reimburse ebay up till a certain point. And if all else fails, ebay eats the cost.

Last edited by UsernamePrime; 08-06-2020 at 01:58 PM.
UsernamePrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2020, 02:05 PM   #4
OldOfflineMan
Beasty
OldOfflineMan's Ebay Auctions

eBay takes the money from the seller (eBay never swallows any costs). I think in effect, the transaction is cancelled. As predahank suggests, contact the seller directly. I did this before for a book I bought on eBay.

This is how I got scammed once several years ago. The buyer chose shipping overseas using surface mail with 2-3 months shipping time and no tracking. This was on the eBay page and I made doubly sure the buyer knows all this. After two weeks, the buyer appeals to eBay saying the package hasn't arrive and demanded money back. I responded to eBay that it's clearly stated on the eBay page and through our email exchange where he explicitly agrees to the terms.

eBay took the buyer's side anyway and cancelled the transaction. Their justification? "There's no guarantee buyers read your eBay listing or emails."

WTF?!!

Last edited by OldOfflineMan; 08-06-2020 at 02:08 PM.
OldOfflineMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2020, 03:25 PM   #5
CobraCommander
ありがとう任天堂 ಠ_ಠ

Just contact seller, and then pay them. Happened to me too during this period with a game that came a few months late.

Oh, and as a Seller, always use tracking, it's your only proof a package was sent/delivered.
G.I.Joe Figures - Hisstank

Feedback Threads:
Cybertron.ca
CobraCommander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2020, 05:37 PM   #6
alternatorfan
g1 baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by steamwhistle View Post
Hey...
Does anyone know about eBay's policy on cases "resolved"?

My apologies if this not an appropriate topic for this messageboard. (outside drama)

Here is the scenario:

I ordered a (KO, I suspect & expect) TF on eBay from a seller in China. It did not arrive within the time specified (one month). I waited extra time (more than a week, probably) and then questioned the seller. After fair communication with the seller (over about 2 weeks), and still not having received the item, I requested eBay to step in.

eBay decided in my favour (citing not having received valid tracking information), and I was reimbursed. The case was closed.

About another 2 weeks later-- the item arrived (more than 1 month after the latest expected receive date, and more than 2 months after the order date).

I am a straight-up person and figure I should pay for something I received. Although it sucks that I have already placed another order for the same item from a different seller -- which, of course, I would not have done if I knew I was receiving the first order.

So, some questions regarding this:

When eBay reimburses a buyer, does eBay just eat the loss and reimburse from their account, or does eBay get the $$ from the seller? If I were to pay for the item, I want to be certain that the seller is not getting paid twice.

I have not yet opened and examined the item. Would it be fair to make sure it is of acceptable quality over some time before deciding to pay for it?

Since the case is closed, how would one properly go about paying for an item since it has been received?

Has anyone had a similar experience? Any answers and thoughts appreciated.

Thanks in advance...
You don't have to do anything.
Considering how long you waited
Ebay eats the cost.
Good on you.
alternatorfan is offline   Reply With Quote