Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 08-11-2013, 10:16 AM   #1
Shockwave 75
I drink, & I know things.
Clearance prices that aren't clearance at all!

Twice now I've found the big Predaking figure at Walmart in the clearance section, but when I scan the price the "clearance" price is literally only $7 less than regular price. From $59.98 down to $52.98.

How is that on "clearance"?

It also makes me wonder how much longer it will have to sit there before they take a real discount off that price?
Old 08-11-2013, 10:20 AM   #2
CBII
Animated
Re: Clearance prices that aren't clearance at all!

I've been noticing that as well.
CBII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 11:36 AM   #3
The 12th Prime
Lost count, long time ago
The 12th Prime's Ebay Auctions

Clearance is a process, it usually starts that way and if it sits there long enough it'll go down until it sells. Just wait and hopefully if it's still there at the price you want to pay bam! Buy it! That's how I got my Premium Movie 1 Leader Megatron for $25, he didn't drop from $60 to $25 right away. It went from $60 to $50 to $40 then one day saw it for $25 and bam! It was bought I stalked that bad boy for over 2 months at the same store luckily my waiting and patience paid off. So just hold out and hopefully someone else isn't more impatient, lol.
The 12th Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 01:10 PM   #4
CBII
Animated

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 12th Prime View Post
Clearance is a process, it usually starts that way and if it sits there long enough it'll go down until it sells. Just wait and hopefully if it's still there at the price you want to pay bam! Buy it! That's how I got my Premium Movie 1 Leader Megatron for $25, he didn't drop from $60 to $25 right away. It went from $60 to $50 to $40 then one day saw it for $25 and bam! It was bought I stalked that bad boy for over 2 months at the same store luckily my waiting and patience paid off. So just hold out and hopefully someone else isn't more impatient, lol.
Yup totally agree however if you re read Shockwave 75 first post you'll see he's talking about the NEW ultimate Predaking (yes it's been out for a bit at TRU) that just showed up at Walmarts.
CBII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 01:28 PM   #5
wervenom
Big Daddy
wervenom's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockwave 75 View Post
Twice now I've found the big Predaking figure at Walmart in the clearance section, but when I scan the price the "clearance" price is literally only $7 less than regular price. From $59.98 down to $52.98.

How is that on "clearance"?

It also makes me wonder how much longer it will have to sit there before they take a real discount off that price?

Someone has made a mistake because that isn't on clearance. Walmart has just added it to the mods. The regular price IS 52.98 which is meant to be cheaper than TRU. They will never bring down the price unless no one buys them unfortunately
wervenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 01:41 PM   #6
canprime
Nexus Maximus
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Well with Target now starting to clearance toys like they do in the states, we might.get lucky and.Walmart/TRU will start to clearance toys more often, and for greater discounts.

One recent example for me is the GI Joe Retaliation HISS and Ghost Hawk. Target recently started clearance pricing them at $11.48 and then on Friday I found them for $6.48!!!!!!

If that continues I hope it spreads to other retailers.
canprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 01:58 PM   #7
Nomad
Airachnid's ratservant
Send a message via AIM to Nomad Send a message via MSN to Nomad

I saw something at wal-mart the other day that made me laugh. It wasn't toy related (pens or something), but somebody fucked up on the tag placement, and made it read like they'd raised the price by 40 cents and were advertising that as a rollback.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConvoyGTR View Post
"they're all gone, vultures everywhere"
Nomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 02:39 PM   #8
Shockwave 75
I drink, & I know things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wervenom View Post
Someone has made a mistake because that isn't on clearance. Walmart has just added it to the mods. The regular price IS 52.98 which is meant to be cheaper than TRU. They will never bring down the price unless no one buys them unfortunately
Interesting. Not saying you're wrong, but I could believe that if I only saw it at one Walmart, but at two?

I just saw something on TV sort of about this topic. Saying that if you see something on clearance at a store but it's still more than you want to pay, ask for a manager and try to negotiate it lower. It's on clearance for a reason after all; it's not selling and they want to get rid of it.
Get the manager, state your case and offer something reasonable. Like in my case I wouldn't offer $20, but maybe more like $40.

It's worth a shot, right?
Old 08-11-2013, 03:47 PM   #9
Robimus
Iacon North Scout

The thread would have worked better in the days of Zellers. Their clearance prices were often higher than the regular price

Visit the official TFcon Toronto website for all the details!
Robimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 09:44 PM   #10
wedge1021
Energon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockwave 75 View Post
Get the manager, state your case and offer something reasonable.
There's a dozen Yarna dal'Gargan Star Wars figures that have been hanging at my TRU for the past 5 years that I want to try that on. Just so I don't have to look at them clogging up space anymore.
wedge1021 is offline   Reply With Quote